• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:25:51 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

My first attempt to mod bike (HONDA CB 400 SF)

Started by poumpouny, May 04, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

Hi everyone,

i'm starting, and learning in the same time, to mod a bike for gp bikes. As i think everyone do, i start by my own bike (i think it's best to realy fine tune the physics etc, as i ride this bike in real life).

I'm now on the modeling phase ( i took on model on the net wich is a 2006 model as a base) but my own is a 1996's one, with good old carburetor :) so i just keep the little parts (engine, frame, light etc)  and re model almost all major parts. i'm still at a very high polycount (because the net model is not modeled for game at all). hopefully i'm working with c4d and Zbrush and his revolutionaly Zremesher tool.

This is my real bike :

this is the model i found on the net :

And the remodeled one (still in WIP) :

one thing i dont really understand is the 1st person view model. Do i Have to make a completely separate model ? if so, wich part did i need to model for the 1st person view.

Thanx

Urban Chaos 2.0

Good stuff. How long do you think it'll take you to complete the model for GP Bikes?

poumpouny

@Urban Chaos > sincerelly since i never made any mod for any game, i don't have any idea, but as a 3D artist i think the modeling process will take me 3 full day, but since i'm working on it only on my spare time, it could be the double !

matty0l215

Bloody hell that was quick :P

Have you seperated all the parts yet? (Fsusp, steer, chassis etc)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

poumpouny

Not Yet, i'm still dealing with poly count and reduce the polycount of the parts that i recupered from the model i found on net. i will separate once i finish the modeling, there still a lot to do :)

Blackheart

For the 1p view u can use the same model.

For the discs is useless high poly stuff, need just a cylinder and a texture with the right alpha channel for the holes.

tchemi

May 04, 2017, 02:43:45 PM #6 Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:45:36 PM by tchemi
If you want to create a streetfighter for GPB; feel free to ask :D
I don't have it anymore but I have quite good memories of how it felt and how it sounded.

http://i.imgur.com/9iIbfW0.jpg

poumpouny

Hi,

When i finished modeling, do i have to convert to triangle or gp bikes support quad ?

Thx

guigui404

Quote from: poumpouny on May 05, 2017, 01:42:54 PM
Hi,

When i finished modeling, do i have to convert to triangle or gp bikes support quad ?

Thx
Quad is ok

poumpouny

Hi every one, i have a question please :

- When i have to export the bike model into fbx, do i have to "merge" all polygon for each parts (one for chassis, one for steer .... etc) if so, how to i manage the UV's ? i guess i need to unwarp and texture first then merge all UW and rearange them to fit the resulting UV space or does Gp bikes support multiple UV map ?

thx

h106frp

You can do it either way, individual components or a single file with many components (but requires a script for fbx2edf).

The individual parts are arranged using the gfx.cfg file

Unwrap and texture all meshes in your 3D app. The textures are then referenced by fbx2edf during the conversion to .edf

You can have multiple textures, but only one shader script per texture

poumpouny

Another question pls :

for the shader : basic color, specular, shininess etc ... where do i make it ? in my 3D software or where ?

If i have for example my fuel tank wich is blue (full bule) with a Honda logo and some sticker on it how do i proceed ?

Thx for responding  :)

Blackheart

Quote from: poumpouny on May 10, 2017, 12:44:03 PM
Another question pls :

for the shader : basic color, specular, shininess etc ... where do i make it ? in my 3D software or where ?

If i have for example my fuel tank wich is blue (full bule) with a Honda logo and some sticker on it how do i proceed ?

Thx for responding  :)

Just a file .shd with the same name of the texture, and put in the folder of the original tex, example:

Quotespecular
{
    shininess = 80
}
reflection
{
    factormin = 0
    factormax = 0.15
    factorexp = 0.40
}
bump
{
map = Name_your_normal_map.tga
}

poumpouny

Ok thanx, so the base color need to be a texture ? or is there also a diffuse color option in the .shd file

Blackheart

Quote from: poumpouny on May 10, 2017, 01:52:23 PM
Ok thanx, so the base color need to be a texture ? or is there also a diffuse color option in the .shd file

Yep just a little texture ^2 with the same color used in your 3d app.