• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Anyone to share RGV250 setups?

Started by CapeDoctor, May 06, 2017, 03:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

May 06, 2017, 03:05:01 PM Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:07:54 PM by CapeDoctor
Anyone have some good setups for the RGV250 they're willing to share, to help me compare with mine?
I can be even more specific, i'm looking for a good setup for Mugello.  ;D
I'm struggling to do 2m03s, and i'm sure i can do a sub 2 minute with it....
but in literally in hundreds of laps so far, the best i could manage is 2m03, so far....
a qualy type setup would be fine, a race setup even better.
i believe these 250's all share the same engine, so maybe setups for another GP250 might work, slight geometry differences not-withstanding...?
thanks in advance  8)

p.s: i tried to figure out what it is that keeps bringing me back to this bike. in real life, i cut my teeth on an RG250 '86 model, and then i realised i am addicted to that insane powerband. i mean genuinely. addicted.  lol  ;D

vali_grad

damn !  I can't go under 2m17sec :))) {soft, very stiff susp, offsets max, 10 mm rear height, speed ratio }
I don't feel 250cc that confortable :'(... and I'm 5 secs slower on 125 cc cup {soft, stock settings}

dials work for you ?(RGV250) mine is black on grey, no movement/info ...
new sim in town ? ping me !

CapeDoctor

i don't think the gauges work for any of these 250's, or at least not the ones i've tried.
i hope they get implemented in an update :D

what i might do is post up some screens of my settings for a 2m03s lap, then guys can offer up advice/ diss it, or whatever.  ;D

vali_grad

May 12, 2017, 06:55:30 PM #3 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:01:17 PM by vali_grad
Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 12, 2017, 06:44:01 PM
i don't think the gauges work for any of these 250's, or at least not the ones i've tried.
i hope they get implemented in an update :D

what i might do is post up some screens of my settings for a 2m03s lap, then guys can offer up advice/ diss it, or whatever.  ;D

if its not a secret...why not ?:)) good to know my game is not messed up :))
maybe your setup will make me confident on this, wilder but slower than  gp500 :))

export setup from garage and find it in C:\Users\your user\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\exports  (win10)

like mine that sucks (attachment)

Blackheart

I tried now for the first time this bike and is very easy and fun, imho not need a setup, me with the default after 5 laps:

Just change the final ratio (I tried 16-37)

vali_grad

Quote from: Blackheart on May 12, 2017, 08:10:03 PM
I tried now for the first time this bike and is very easy and fun, imho not need a setup, me with the default after 5 laps:

Just change the final ratio (I tried 16-37)

you must be related to Rossi !  :o  :-X

Blackheart

Quote from: vali_grad on May 12, 2017, 08:24:27 PM
you must be related to Rossi !  :o  :-X

Lol is far from a perfect lap, I need 20-30 laps for understand the bike limit  ;D anyway the first thing is know well the track, its very easy lose seconds at Mugello (and not touch the curbs with these bikes  ;D )

CapeDoctor

Blackheart, maybe you would share a replay with me, so that i can compare yours with mine?
i use the exact gear ratio you mention - 16/37 and with that, the best i can do is 2m03.
i know i can shave off that extra time - the bike IS capable of a sub-2 minute lap, as you have showed.
but i have done dozens upon dozens of laps, and just can't get it to the 2m mark.i need to see where those 3 seconds are hidden, 'cause i can't find them lol   8)

Blackheart

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 13, 2017, 08:38:47 AM
Blackheart, maybe you would share a replay with me, so that i can compare yours with mine?
i use the exact gear ratio you mention - 16/37 and with that, the best i can do is 2m03.
i know i can shave off that extra time - the bike IS capable of a sub-2 minute lap, as you have showed.
but i have done dozens upon dozens of laps, and just can't get it to the 2m mark.i need to see where those 3 seconds are hidden, 'cause i can't find them lol   8)

I done now some laps, here the best lap (1.59.4xx): https://mega.nz/#!4hZXADLJ!1mRBNkiM2EsudffS4hvCCNwnvi2pzQc_2ik4Jdkf2lM

Its not superfast, but a clean lap for understand well the linees and Braking zones.  ;)

CapeDoctor

wow, all i can say is we have very different styles and lines around here (main difference seems to be that you use the lower gears 2,3 a lot more, where i am mostly using 3, 4 even 5 for the same turns.
as yours gives a way better lap time, i have some adjustments to do, lol  ;D

Blackheart

Yeah with 2 strokes for me is better use low gears where possible,with a little mod at the gear ratio its possible improve a little bit, (17-38)

Here a lap with this gear ratio (good lap but I lose time with a ... curb  :-X ) 1:58.760: https://mega.nz/#!YwgHnIpS!z-nXdFfv771Q09W1xC4Pw07UkI0f9wtDI60pbpNw1Eg

Really dunno what is the limit of these bikes, im curious of see the race of the champ here :o