• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:47:48 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

I will pay you to make my home track.

Started by sellers, May 11, 2017, 02:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sellers

My home track is baskerville raceway in tasmania australia. I am willing to pay someone to convert the AC track into gpbikes or create a new one. Which ever is easiest. I just need this track

h106frp

May 12, 2017, 05:18:17 PM #1 Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:00:21 PM by h106frp
Removed

vali_grad

May 12, 2017, 06:12:39 PM #2 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:15:22 PM by vali_grad
wow, its very nice for 125 cc, maybe it has segments too short for a liter bike   :P
thank you for the test ! I'm having fun with it  ;D 8)

{could you guys take seriously Oulton Park ?  ;D there is a mod for assetto corsa that claims to have scaned data in it, seems very bumpy/technical even for a car {I have the mod&game}}
new sim in town ? ping me !

CapeDoctor

tried it, love it!
my RGV250 thanks you for the great workout opportunity  8)
well worth doing a bit more work on, i think - love the elevation changes, blind rises and so on, great little track!   8)

h106frp

Updated to a fairly complete track folder ;)

See above

Urban Chaos 2.0

grimm

Quote from: h106frp on May 12, 2017, 05:18:17 PM
Do not want paying but I do know a charity that would welcome any donation.

Wow, that is the most honorable thing I've seen in a long time. After my dad was killed in a motorcycle crash, any and all donations that anyone wanted to give my family was re-routed to the "Motorcycle Safety Foundation" (it does North American motorcycle licensing) in his name. Thousands of dollars poured into the donation fund dedicated to the MSF. It was truly beautiful. Every single time I hear of someone going through the MSF basic riders course and achieving "class M" status on their drivers endorsement, it makes my heart sing to know that it came from people giving selflessly because someone else did something good for them.  :)

tchemi

Seriously guys, you rocks ! I love this communauty  ;)

Rainey

Hi guys,

I am the original author of this track for Assetto Corsa.  This conversion is not endorsed or authorised by me in any way and is simply stolen works.  The original project page can be found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/baskerville-raceway.3436/

Personally I don't find it very selfless to re-publish someones artistic blood sweat and tears and then ask to direct a donation to their choice of foundation.

This project took over 600 dedicated hours to produce the 3D environment, texture artwork, and static meshes (that long because I am not a professional in this field).  I have a donation link on my project page and have received approximately $60 AUD in contributions.. that works out to be just 10c an hour in pay.  Whilst I built the project for my own pleasure and to share with the Assetto Corsa community, if you're going to rip off my artwork the least you could do is provide some recognition and credit to the original author so that maybe they didn't feel like this whole gig is full of cheapskates and pirates.

Cheers,
Nick

grimm

Quote from: Rainey on July 02, 2017, 01:10:42 PM
Hi guys,

I am the original author of this track for Assetto Corsa.  This conversion is not endorsed or authorised by me in any way and is simply stolen works.  The original project page can be found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/baskerville-raceway.3436/

Personally I don't find it very selfless to re-publish someones artistic blood sweat and tears and then ask to direct a donation to their choice of foundation.

This project took over 600 dedicated hours to produce the 3D environment, texture artwork, and static meshes (that long because I am not a professional in this field).  I have a donation link on my project page and have received approximately $60 AUD in contributions.. that works out to be just 10c an hour in pay.  Whilst I built the project for my own pleasure and to share with the Assetto Corsa community, if you're going to rip off my artwork the least you could do is provide some recognition and credit to the original author so that maybe they didn't feel like this whole gig is full of cheapskates and pirates.

Cheers,
Nick

Wow, that sucks.  :'(

h106frp

July 02, 2017, 03:45:20 PM #10 Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:02:17 PM by h106frp
In his very first post (another thread somewhere) the original requester claimed to have permission.

Pull it from the database and scrap it, never cointinued with it as we never heard from the OP again anyway.

Many apologies. I will PM rainey/Nick

Guess I should have smelt a rat when we never heard from the OP after the first test model was posted

CapeDoctor

that is unfortunate, indeed.
i was also under the impression that all necessary permissions had been obtained. only right that it be pulled asap.

Warlock

Hi Rainey,
As part of the team i want to apologize too. If we were aware of the original developer of the track, we would have asked for permission,  you can trust me here.
We have no trouble at all to ask for permission and credit to the original modeller, just didn't know, sorry.

Rainey

July 03, 2017, 08:01:14 AM #13 Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:12:49 AM by Rainey
Thanks for the understanding guys.  I really do appreciate that you support my comments and sorry if I came off a little bit abrasive.  I was aware of this rip for a little while and was wondering how to approach the situation and if it bothered me.  I guess at the end of the day it does bother me as I've been quite protective over my digital property because of the pure time investment the project has been.  I've had people ask for the mesh and my statics before because I've handcrafted everything rather than using a catalog of ugly prefabs.  I would rather have creative control over how my material is presented and I didn't like the idea of hybrid versions.  I haven't worked on the project for some time now but I've had some friends pushing me to update it again and I'd love to one day officially support Piboso/GP Bikes (bike games aren't really my thing so I can't justify the 27euro), but ultimately that decision should be up to me as the author.

I appreciate the redacted links and that you have reached out to me to apologise. :)

Warlock

Totally understandable   :)
We do also make original content and can understand your position, no worries.