• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Joystick vs xbox controller

Started by Daluz, May 12, 2017, 06:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daluz

Hey guys,

I tryed the xbox controller, and I actually find riding with my Joystick way smoother and easyer.  I tryed a few settings for the xbox controller, but it just doesnt seem right. Anyway I am looking foward to some races with my Joystick. Just for the Info, its an Thrustmaster 16000m, because 2 People already asked me what I was using. Have a great weekend.
Claudio

Hawk

Quote from: Daluz on May 12, 2017, 06:36:06 AM
Hey guys,

I tried the xbox controller, and I actually find riding with my Joystick way smoother and easier.  I tried a few settings for the xbox controller, but it just doesn't seem right. Anyway I am looking forward to some races with my Joystick. Just for the Info, its an Thrustmaster 16000m, because 2 People already asked me what I was using. Have a great weekend.

I've tried both Joystick and Gamepad control over the years but have always gone back to using a joystick for the exact reasons you state; the only downer, for me personally, is that I hold the joystick in my hands to operate it and therefore I'm limited to access all the control buttons on my joystick and throttle assembly. But I make do with assigning just the most used(important) controls onto my main joystick control functions.  :)

Hawk.

Grooveski

Both.   ;D

Joystick in one hand for the bike - controller in the other for the rider.

Daluz

Quote from: Hawk on May 12, 2017, 09:34:08 AM

I've tried both Joystick and Gamepad control over the years but have always gone back to using a joystick for the exact reasons you state; the only downer, for me personally, is that I hold the joystick in my hands to operate it and therefore I'm limited to access all the control buttons on my joystick and throttle assembly. But I make do with assigning just the most used(important) controls onto my main joystick control functions.  :)

Hawk.

Yep thats how I am doing it too. Works totally fine :)
Quote from: Grooveski on May 12, 2017, 01:11:30 PM
Both.   ;D

Joystick in one hand for the bike - controller in the other for the rider.

Wow, I think I couldnt do that... that would be way to much for me  ;D ;D
Claudio

Grooveski

May 12, 2017, 06:52:07 PM #4 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:56:39 PM by Grooveski
Quote from: Daluz on May 12, 2017, 05:04:16 PM
Wow, I think I couldnt do that... that would be way to much for me  ;D ;D

Folk always say that.
I don't really know why.   ???
Flight sim players can happily use a stick and throttle.  Shooters use a keyboard and mouse....
Using an x-pad you've got a controller in each hand - it just happens to be the same controller.   :P

vali_grad

May 12, 2017, 07:07:51 PM #5 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:10:59 PM by vali_grad
I have warthog hotas and it sucks on this kind of games :)))  even in crazy air fight with multiple targets you cant wear the controller as gpbikes or any carsim :)))

gpx thrustmaster controller is the best on this, fast controls and smooth input
just check/test linearity and deadzones values, 50% input at the beggining, directinput when confortable and stable with all models
new sim in town ? ping me !

Daluz

Quote from: Grooveski on May 12, 2017, 06:52:07 PM

Folk always say that.
I don't really know why.   ???
Flight sim players can happily use a stick and throttle.  Shooters use a keyboard and mouse....
Using an x-pad you've got a controller in each hand - it just happens to be the same controller.   :P

Well I am hardcore flightsimmer, but using 2 controllers for gp bikes is kinda strange. I might give it a shot, though. ;D
Claudio

Daluz

Quote from: vali_grad on May 12, 2017, 07:07:51 PM
I have warthog hotas and it sucks on this kind of games :)))  even in crazy air fight with multiple targets you cant wear the controller as gpbikes or any carsim :)))

just check/test linearity and deadzones values, 50% input at the beggining, directinput when confortable and stable with all models

I will Check the gpx aswell... I am considering everything at the Moment, but with my JS it Rocks. Btw nice Joystick, cant afford that beauty...
Claudio

vali_grad

May 12, 2017, 07:25:32 PM #8 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:01:58 PM by vali_grad
Quote from: Daluz on May 12, 2017, 07:16:03 PM

I will Check the gpx aswell... I am considering everything at the Moment, but with my JS it Rocks. Btw nice Joystick, cant afford that beauty...

gpx dont fade away like other controllers, searched a lot on web untill I found my favourite :)  wanted a more expensive xbox controller, or sony dualshock with mods...but gpx kicked those 2 :)))
gpx setup in attachments...do not laugh !:))
you have this with throttle ? https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS-HOTAS-Controller/dp/B01KCHPRXA
a lot of reviewers compare it with warthog ...star citizen freaks :))

{ADS! > warthog is worth the bucks and some, you need some gym muscles not to get owned by it and a reptile skin not to get cold in winter =)))
if you get one or put hands on one, dont use t.a.r.g.e.t. software or other stuff for switch modes ... it will burn the electric board, so many bought it and did not have the brains to understand why :))) its quite complex even for the sims on the market, thats why you cant find a match/competitor ...and yes you have to get your hands dirty and like a swiss clockworker you need to replace/regrease the sticks spring/moving plates...eh designed in usa but made in china  ::) }
new sim in town ? ping me !

Grooveski

Quote from: Daluz on May 12, 2017, 07:14:07 PM
Well I am hardcore flightsimmer, but using 2 controllers for gp bikes is kinda strange. I might give it a shot, though. ;D

Good luck.   :D
My setup for the controller is thumbstick for the rider, clutch on the trigger and back brake on the button above the trigger.

I can almost guarantee that the biggest problem to start with will be changing sides in chicanes.  Take it sloooooow with the rider movements and hold off on moving the wee dude at all until you've already started lifting the bike a touch.   ;)

Daluz

Intresting, I will let you know once my GPX arrives.
Claudio

Daluz

May 13, 2017, 07:01:18 PM #11 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 07:44:33 PM by Daluz
Quote from: Daluz on May 13, 2017, 07:00:03 PM

Thanks :) Everything needs to get used too, but I will let you know once I tryed it out :-) The setup seems intresting :)
Claudio