• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:06:14 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Online informal play?

Started by Tosteetos, May 14, 2017, 01:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tosteetos

Does anyone ever get online to just lap around a circuit with other people (track day) informally?  do people go online only to race?  I am looking to just fool around a track with other people, not skilled enough to be racing yet. It's getting boring to lap around alone.  :o

Thanks!

CapeDoctor

i've gone online every now and again just to mess around.
if the servers are up, there's not much stopping you just joining.
i would also try some just for fun messing about, that's if my ping doesn't let me down too much.

loinen

i come online when possible but also rare to see anybody else. there are a lot of riders having the game but community seems to be not too active online unfortunately :(

passerBy

I'm all in for the idea of track days. Can't be bothered to race competitively, but having fun with other people around sounds like a plan.
Bring out The Gent!  ;D

Tosteetos

A track day mode and possibly even a schedule would be awesome. There's only so much fun you can have lapping around by yourself. Gets old quick!

How can we make this happen peeps?

passerBy

At the very least we need to agree on a particular date/time/server...

CapeDoctor

how we make it happen is simple.
as said, we simply agree on a day/time and whoever is there, is there.
also good for things like comparing/sharing setups easily. hopefully more guys will start uploading more skins/paints, as this is also a cool way to get more guys motivated.
so yeah, it's up to us, as we are the community.
maybe a poll, to get an idea for the best day/time/track.
how does that Nike slogan go again...?   ;D

passerBy

Speaking of the track... How about Montes de Malaga (A-7000)? Seems like the perfect candidate for some touring around.

CapeDoctor

never heard of this Montes de Malaga track before....do we have it for GPB...?

passerBy

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 16, 2017, 05:37:44 AM
never heard of this Montes de Malaga track before....do we have it for GPB...?
It's surprising that hardly anybody mentions it at all. My favorite road for GPB so far.
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1003.0

CapeDoctor

okay, so it's not in the database, which is why i never noticed it before, lol
thanks for the headsup, will try it out asap :)

passerBy

You are welcome :) It's not in the database because I suspect it's not possible to race on it, being point-to-point and all that, but since racing isn't our goal, that doesn't matter :)

CapeDoctor

i wonder how much work it would be to give it a turning point at the end, similar to the Autobahn track, where you can turn and go back again.
one of these types of 'roundabouts' at either end of the course would it it more 'racey'  ;D

love it, btw - can't get enough of these real world style road tracks.
there's a beautiful stretch of road where i live, going around past the Cape of Good Hope nature reserve, nice mix of straights, awesome twisty bits, uphill, downhill, with some of the world's most beautiful scenery. (sadly we can't reproduce that in GPB, lol)
length in total is about 35km, a great little ride which i take at every opportunity.
i can but dream of being able to do it in GPB at slightly less legal speeds, lolz 8)

passerBy

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 16, 2017, 02:12:03 PM
i wonder how much work it would be to give it a turning point at the end, similar to the Autobahn track, where you can turn and go back again.
one of these types of 'roundabouts' at either end of the course would it it more 'racey'  ;D
Racey or not, that's the best idea I've heard so far regarding this type of a track. I doubt many would try racing with heavy oncoming traffic, though ;D but at least that would make the road much more suitable for a prolonged cruising around. 

Quotelove it, btw - can't get enough of these real world style road tracks.
there's a beautiful stretch of road where i live, going around past the Cape of Good Hope nature reserve, nice mix of straights, awesome twisty bits, uphill, downhill, with some of the world's most beautiful scenery. (sadly we can't reproduce that in GPB, lol)
length in total is about 35km, a great little ride which i take at every opportunity.
i can but dream of being able to do it in GPB at slightly less legal speeds, lolz 8)
Can't agree enough. There's a lot of good virtual roads out there already (for RBR, for rFactor, for Assetto Corsa), yet people stick to converting/recreating circuits... And to be honest, this A-7000 road taught me more than the circuits did anyway.
I would take the road you described over even Nordschleife any time of day... would be also nice to have night in GPB too :)

Speaking of Malaga, this course contains at least a couple of "landmines" :) For any serious use they must be removed first. One of them can be found at the beginning of the stone border section closer to the border itself, the other is not so far from that section, but closer to the right side (going uphill). Usually, the chance of hitting them is low, but they are still situated on the road itself.

CapeDoctor

Quote from: passerBy on May 16, 2017, 04:10:27 PM

Speaking of Malaga, this course contains at least a couple of "landmines" :) For any serious use they must be removed first. One of them can be found at the beginning of the stone border section closer to the border itself, the other is not so far from that section, but closer to the right side (going uphill). Usually, the chance of hitting them is low, but they are still situated on the road itself.

i already found the first one, lol -  if there's a place it's at all possible to crash, i'll find it.. ;D