Author Topic: MotoGP 17 - YZR-M1 - Demo V5  (Read 6534 times)

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
Re: MotoGP 17 - YZR-M1 - Demo V3
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2017, 12:23:01 AM »
Lower direct lean values won't solve the off-throttle washouts when rolling into a corner.
I have to agree with david concerning V3.
IMO V2 offered a better compromise, V3 went in the wrong direction. Even though the bike itself feels better, the virtual rider appears more aggressive.
es gibt nur ein gas

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2017, 07:39:04 AM »
I'm afraid you have a configuration problem. The virtual rider is the same in all versions. From V1 to V3 has not changed anything in that aspect. If you read the comments you will see that no one has reported those problems that you have.

davidboda46

• "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro"
    • View Profile
    • My Thoughts About 2 Wheels
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2017, 10:41:44 AM »
Unfortunately, with my custom controller, lowering the direct lean is not an option since it creates a terrible input lag.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2017, 11:21:27 AM »
Then it's the changes to the bike that make the virtual rider ride too aggressively (thinking there is still enough front grip when really there is no more).
es gibt nur ein gas

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2017, 11:58:17 AM »
I use direct lean to 100% with a custom controller (handlebar coupled to a adapted g27 with throttle grip and front brake/clutch levers) and I've never had problems with losing the front.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 12:02:57 PM by Manu »

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2017, 12:35:45 PM »
I'll upload a short video showing front washouts at almost every corner at Nürburgring.
The front tyre is overheating like in older versions of the 2015 MotoGP bikes, so as you said, it has nothing to do with the virtual rider (or controls/input device).
Do you remember how you fixed those issues back then? Maybe moving the CoG back?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 12:42:31 PM by vini97 »
es gibt nur ein gas

RaDiCaL

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2017, 04:23:38 PM »
I know i'm not the reference but i have no Problems with the front and i think cornering is much better than the previous Version.

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »
I'll upload a short video showing front washouts at almost every corner at Nürburgring.
The front tyre is overheating like in older versions of the 2015 MotoGP bikes, so as you said, it has nothing to do with the virtual rider (or controls/input device).

Nürburgring is not the most appropriate track for testing since it is a very bumpy. However Victoria circuit would be the most appropriate.

Do you remember how you fixed those issues back then? Maybe moving the CoG back?

I don't see as necessary. I don't have any problems with the bike as well as most of those who have tried it. I insist that your problems are related to the input device.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:31:47 PM by Manu »

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »
Maybe not everybody who posted here has pushed the bike like david and me have. We both have the same problems and use a totally different input device.
The front tucks in even when there no bumps and when there is no change in steering input (which would be related to direct lean / input device).
Also, I can see in the pit that the front tyre is overheating. It was exactly the same with the first betas of the 2015 bikes.

Edit:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QPX8WRYzsIg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QPX8WRYzsIg</a>
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:31:11 PM by vini97 »
es gibt nur ein gas

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2017, 09:45:20 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VPrs4S1obUE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VPrs4S1obUE</a>

TYRE TEMPERATURE TEST

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q7LGVlW0YM8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Q7LGVlW0YM8</a>
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:35:33 PM by Manu »

davidboda46

• "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro"
    • View Profile
    • My Thoughts About 2 Wheels
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2017, 09:48:17 PM »
If it is related to input problems, wouldn't it be fair to say that I would have had the same issues with V1, which I didn't (All three versions were tested with the same input device, same default bike settings on the same track with the same asphalt temperature)? Again, not picking a fight or anything, just trying to figure it out :)

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2017, 10:45:54 PM »
I don't know what that is supposed to prove.
Sure, you can tiptoe around and avoid the issues at Victoria but if you push hard on basically every other track, front tyre pressure will go beyond 1.5bar and make the bike lowside everywhere.
BTW, this is all talking about soft tyres. Medium and hard are completely unusable so a full race distance would be impossible.

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that the bike does not wheelie enough IMO.
Would fit my suspicion that the center of gravity is too far forward.
Don't get me wrong, the bike is a joy to ride on smooth tracks without much camber but there are simply a few things that are not quite right yet.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:53:10 AM by vini97 »
es gibt nur ein gas

Become dust

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2017, 05:16:28 PM »
I don't know what that is supposed to prove.
Sure, you can tiptoe around and avoid the issues at Victoria but if you push hard on basically every other track, front tyre pressure will go beyond 1.5bar and make the bike lowside everywhere.
BTW, this is all talking about soft tyres. Medium and hard are completely unusable so a full race distance would be impossible.

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that the bike does not wheelie enough IMO.
Would fit my suspicion that the center of gravity is too far forward.
Don't get me wrong, the bike is a joy to ride on smooth tracks without much camber but there are simply a few things that are not quite right yet.

i suspect a too low center of gravity, i noticed how breaking and accelrating does not affect the bike that much >_>

YaGo04

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »
Hello Manu
I think this is the best Version ;), because when you drive it looks real and you can also drive smooth or aggresiv.
Cornering is much better than the previous Version for me.
I know that i am not fast,so i have got not the same Problems like vini.
For me its the best Version.
Keep working

Yago

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:22:20 PM by YaGo04 »

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2017, 10:53:31 PM »
thecrivi28 & Manu testing YAMAHA YZR-M1 2017 - DEMO V4 (Private)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EE2qpGUfbOE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EE2qpGUfbOE</a>