Author Topic: MotoGP 17 - YZR-M1 - Demo V5  (Read 6531 times)

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
Re: MotoGP 17 - YZR-M1 - Demo V2
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 02:12:39 PM »
First impression is good. You can hold tighter lines and the bike feels more agile (a bit more max. lean angle also). The new swingarm makes the bike much more stable under braking.

The front end washouts are not coming from the crankshaft (I tested v1 with counter-rot crank and it was fine).
I think the problem is the virtual rider and the relationship between front and rear grip: With more swingarm flex, the rear tyre retains grip at higher lean angles, so the virtual rider throws the bike into corners with too much lean angle which eventually results in the front tyre losing grip.
Unless you can easily increase the front tyre grip as well to compensate, I think the solution would be to tame the virtual rider a bit.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:12:05 PM by vini97 »
es gibt nur ein gas

Stout Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »
Pretty good analysis concerning the front losses Vin. Only thing that feels different for me is that for me the rear seems to be less stable under braking. But the bike definitely turns better, which is a big plus.

As a quick wrap-up from me experience:
+ better turning

-rear seems to be "too soft", bounces around
-rear grip is strange (bike powerslides too easy imo)
-I had many front losses when trying to pick up the bike from lean (virtual rider counter steers in order to pick the bike up, which results in front loss); had that very rarely in previous version
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 03:14:38 PM »
thanks guys good analysis. I will continue to do more tests during the week according to your comments. I would like to have a good physics prepared for the full version 2017 bikes set.  V3 Demo soon.

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 03:16:41 PM »
Compare v1 and v2 at the Nürburgring (specifically braking hard into turn 1, 8 and 11), Stout.
The necessity of increased swingarm flex should become apparent.

Ok, thanks for the quick work, Manu!
es gibt nur ein gas

r1rossi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »
Anyone know why no bikes dash are working on my Surface pro 4? All bikes not just these

Since I installed nothing works on dash.. Only the shift lights no digital stuff..

Blackheart

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »
Anyone know why no bikes dash are working on my Surface pro 4? All bikes not just these

Since I installed nothing works on dash.. Only the shift lights no digital stuff..

Its a issue with the integrated graphics card. I think you can't fix it.

Stout Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »
Compare v1 and v2 at the Nürburgring (specifically braking hard into turn 1, 8 and 11), Stout.
The necessity of increased swingarm flex should become apparent.
I believe you and I do not question the necessity of more swingarm flex. But maybe it flexes too easily, maybe should have more resistance? I have only tested on Bugatti (LeMans) and I found that when braking hard and shifting down hard, the rear bounces around like wild.

@Manu: Thanks for the good work.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

CapeDoctor

• ...taking fun seriously since 1968...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2017, 05:02:58 PM »
i've been putting this bike through it's paces, and all sorts of silly stress tests, primarily Victoria and Mugello circuit.
i've had 4 core crashes with this bike in roughly the same situation - under heavy braking for the first (San Donato) corner, in each case i got the back wheel out of shape, quite a bit off line (closer to track center) and as the back wheel bounces once or twice, then - ding! core crash.
no such issues at Victoria, so far.
otherwise, no real issues.
it's not really suited to my personal style(waiting for that Suzuki), but it's really well-behaved for a GPB bike  :D

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2017, 07:32:14 PM »

I don't know about this issue but, try to unpack the .pkz file into the bikes folder and try again. Good luck.

RaDiCaL

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »
feels too stable for me....should be a motogp beast or not?!
When i watch Motogp on TV no M1 Looks so stable like this one ( maybe Lorenzo 2016   :D ). It's very difficult to slide into the Corner.
In my opinion the V1 is the better Version

Nicotine

• Nicotine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2017, 07:11:32 AM »
happened to me.....
replay mode, Losail Circuit

GP-Bikes Indonesia

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2017, 08:40:49 AM »
The track surface does not match to the visual surface.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:13:25 PM by Manu »

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2017, 12:49:38 PM »
feels too stable for me....should be a motogp beast or not?!
When i watch Motogp on TV no M1 Looks so stable like this one ( maybe Lorenzo 2016   :D ). It's very difficult to slide into the Corner.
In my opinion the V1 is the better Version
What direct lean value are you using?

@Manu: Could you remove the windscreen shade from the "default paint"? Looks cool but actually makes it difficult to spot the corner entry sometimes in 1P.

Also, here are a few minor cosmetic things I noticed:
Forks blending into that little carbon thing

Swingarm needs more clearance for the chain

Lastly, is there something you can do to keep the rider's fingers on the levers at all times?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ABKXBSoK73E" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ABKXBSoK73E</a>
es gibt nur ein gas

RaDiCaL

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2017, 02:50:28 PM »
i'm using Default Settings (15% with automatic lean) and i think if i use more direct lean it doesnt feel realistic.
I only ride in 3rd Person so the movement of the rider seems to be perfect for me on 15% and i dont want to Change it only for this mod.
WSBK 15/17, Moto2 No bike of them is so stable in braking zones like the new Version of this motogp mod (the fastest and most powerful bike of this list) and it feels unrealistic for me.
In the older Versions (Motogp15 and first 17 mod) i have to be more carefully and i have to work on a good Feeling on the bike for a good laptime and thats fun for me.
I dont want to criticize this mod and i'm really really thankful that there a People out there (Like manu, Blackheart and all others) who put a lot of work in These mods....it's only my opinion!

-Michael

connorhall70

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2017, 04:24:51 PM »
Great work. love it :) thank you