• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:26 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

talking about sounds...

Started by CapeDoctor, May 18, 2017, 07:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

hi folks 
after recently blowing a few motors (in-game only, thank goodness), i was wondering how hard it would be to implement some kind of mechanical, winding down/grating sounds that you often get with a blown motor. you don't always just get a deathly silence.
maybe if just could just be coded in, so the modders could add their own sounds - possibly these sounds could be random, just cause variety is the spice of life, and all....
just a thought, one of those 'might be nice' features...
cheers   8)

miki

Damn, how did you manage to blow up an engine?

Hawk

Quote from: miki on May 18, 2017, 07:29:25 PM

It's quite easy on some bikes, especially on the classic bikes that didn't have the electronic engine RPM limiters we have nowadays on modern bikes. All depends on your riding style.  ;)

Hawk.

miki

I haven't managed to do it in game yet, mind you I still haven't put more than 15 laps together without crashing so there is that.

tchemi

One year on the tracks now and never broke an engine in GPB  :P

Anyway, this is a nice idea !

Boerenlater

Quote from: miki on May 18, 2017, 07:29:25 PM
Just go round in 1st gear for a few laps.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

CapeDoctor

just about any bike without a rev limiter should be able to blow the motor, although that said, i've only managed with a few bikes so far.
iirc, the two-strokes are pretty easy to blow, the MV Agusta (poor bike, lol, i've been thrashing the living hell out of it).
either it's that Suzuki's are more prone to it, or it's just that i'm usually on a Suzuki, lol....
doesn't happen that often, but if you really want to, you can break just about anything, lol...  ;D