• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:57:31 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Cruden Simulator

Started by PiBoSo, May 23, 2017, 09:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

I've never seen that before!  :o

The simulator itself looks great, but the visuals show, from what you can see, that they don't seem to have the actual bike physics realistic..... look more like "Ride" type physics? Hard to tell really because they don't show much of the visuals at all.  :-\

Hawk.

guigui404

Quote from: Hawk on May 23, 2017, 10:28:35 AM

The simulator itself looks great, but the visuals show, from what you can see, that they don't seem to have the actual bike physics realistic..... look more like "Ride" type physics? Hard to tell really because they don't show much of the visuals at all.  :-\

Hawk.

Simulator looks great ? only for straight line then , maximum angle seems to be 10° lol

davidboda46

I was playing with this idea in my mind. Problems are:
1. Cost. Mucho $£€
2. I don't think the hydraulics/engine can make transitions/large movements as fast as on a real bike, or in this case, as fast as it happens in the game, while still having the finer touch for small movements. 
3. To achieve correct lean angels, the rigg must be a lot bigger, longer hydraulic shafts.

So basically, nice idea but nothing more...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Boerenlater

Quote from: davidboda46 on May 23, 2017, 10:45:03 AM
I was playing with this idea in my mind. Problems are:
1. Cost. Mucho $£€
2. I don't think the hydraulics/engine can make transitions/large movements as fast as on a real bike, or in this case, as fast as it happens in the game, while still having the finer touch for small movements. 
3. To achieve correct lean angels, the rigg must be a lot bigger, longer hydraulic shafts.

So basically, nice idea but nothing more...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
Yeah it probably costs as much as a real bike.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

CapeDoctor

Quote from: Boerenlater on May 23, 2017, 10:53:55 AM
Yeah it probably costs as much as a real bike.

more, i would wager....

Blackheart

Its not a game...

QuoteSince 2005, when Cruden built the world's first professional-grade motorcycle simulator, our engineers have been working on hardware, software, motion cueing, vehicle dynamics, rendering and content for a realistic motorcycle simulator that can be used professionally by manufacturers, race teams, universities, research institutions and road safety organisations.

doubledragoncc

A CCX motion system costs $89,000 for NOT its most expensive unit and is far less technical than this so try over the 100,000 and you might be getting there!!!
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: guigui404 on May 23, 2017, 10:37:19 AM
Quote from: Hawk on May 23, 2017, 10:28:35 AM

Hawk.

Simulator looks great ? only for straight line then , maximum angle seems to be 10° lol

If you look, the rider uses a VR visual system(probably Occulus Rift?); The movements on a simulator designed to work with a VR system don't have to move as much to give the realistic impressions of bike movements as they do if the rider isn't using a VR system.  :P

Hawk.

vali_grad

seems like  http://www.fillmoregames.com/machines/china/pop_moto.jpg
the same level of simulation of car seat actuators http://simxperience.com/portals/0/Images/StageSeriesRacingSims/StageIVGroundLevel.jpg
so many people get into simulator builds just for the cash and don't have decent projects to build, a car seat actuators system is not serious in my oppinion...just a way to help gases go out after dinner  ;D
new sim in town ? ping me !

PiBoSo

Blackheart

;D

Lol and the front brake?

Warlock

wow , simply amazing  ;D

How dare they call it proffessional   ::)

Hawk

Lol.... It would've looked better if they had people who'd actually ridden a bike before in their lives...... By the way that rider was operating his throttle and shifting his weight I don't think he's ever ridden anything other than a bike from Milestone games! He'd kill himself if he actually got on a real bike! Haha!  ;D

Not bad VR-simulators though... I'd like to have a go!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

PiBoSo

A friend of mine contacted them.
The simulator ( the latest, 6DOF one ) costs roughly like a Moto2 season, LOL.
And no, they didn't know about GP Bikes  :'(