• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:21:13 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[RACE 4]Laguna Seca V0.9_NDS

Started by doubledragoncc, May 31, 2017, 10:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Hawk

Seems that a suggestion to adhere to some common sense guidelines suddenly implicates an event as serious these days........ Lighten up guys.... THIS IS FUN! ;D

In the end it's DD's Championship, so whatever he decides goes; I'm perfectly fine with that. ;)  8)

None of this will effect me anyway whatever is decided by DD because I'm not fast enough to get anywhere close to winning a race or a championship. Lol! I just ride for my team and the fun of it, but I'd just hate to see the whole principle of a championship series end up having no meaning or value whatsoever, especially for a well deserved winner who may not necessarily be the fastest rider out there but knows how to win a full length race and a championship series, that's all.  :)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Sorry but I actually have a life

I will not leave the server up too much if I am far away

I will do the best I can to please you all BUT if it is not good enough for you please kiss my bottom

nanananananananana  ;D

DD=Dick Darstardly remember old farts
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 01, 2017, 08:00:23 PM
Sorry but I actually have a life

I will not leave the server up too much if I am far away

I will do the best I can to please you all BUT if it is not good enough for you please kiss my bottom

nanananananananana  ;D

DD=Dick Darstardly remember old farts

lol I ask this because there is just a CAWS server with 250 and Laguna Seca, but the CAWS has blacklisted me (also if they use my mods on the servers ahhahahah I know its fun  ;D)

And I like do practice with the other guys, anyway I asked at IMT hoster if he can open a server test soon, so there isnt problem mate!  ;)

doubledragoncc

My server only got up late but nobody but you were on it lol
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 01, 2017, 09:54:31 PM
My server only got up late but nobody but you were on it lol

No DD i tried but bike mismatch, can u tell me what version is? I dont remember my but i think its the latest  ???

doubledragoncc

Blackheart

June 01, 2017, 10:04:26 PM #22 Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:08:10 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 01, 2017, 10:00:08 PM
I have the latest

This is the latest update i think or not?

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4710.msg75761#msg75761

EDIT: Now works  :P my fail, I used an old version, tomorrow need learn the right bikes  ;D

Warlock

Quote from: Hawk on June 01, 2017, 03:02:49 PM
Quote from: Warlock on June 01, 2017, 01:39:09 PM
I mean once the championship is finished, to count the total points of each, remove 1 or 2 of the worst results of each rider. They will probably be, a disqualified, did not start , or did not finish ones.
So if in case you can't join a race or two during the championship won't ruin you whole championship points count.

That would actually be unfair Warlock:
Take a rider who has participated in all races and won points in every race resulting in that rider winning the Champs; then your idea comes along and in effect disqualifies him from 1 or 2 races by deleting 1 or 2 of his worst results which could easily lead to that rider not winning the Champs if he's only won it by a point or so..... That would certainly not be fair Warlock.
If people cannot attend all races, no matter what the excuse, it's their problem not a problem other competitors or the organiser's should have to try and accommodate for. It's just part of a championship, the same as in real life if a rider gets injured and they cannot race in a couple of events.... It's just tuff luck I say.  :P :)

Hawk.
PS: It's the same with allowing so called "Wild-Cards" into an on-going championship event; that is unfair too other riders who maybe would've got those points that the wildcard rider has taken. If your running an on-going championship event then no other riders other than those registered at the start of the champs should be able to take part.

If wildcard riders are allowed to take part, then wildcard riders should not be awarded any points at all, but you also have the issue if a wildcard rider takes a championship rider out of the race.... Get's controversial doesn't it. Lol...... Best just to stick with the initial registered riders for a champs event in my opinion. :)

Well as this is for fun, and we can get easily frustrated by a core crash for example, having the opportunity to delete that race could help keeping the interest in the championship.
See Groovesky last race, he just couldn't connect for some reason after all day connected preparing for the race, ...frustrating to say the least.
Thats all, just a suggestion we have done in old championship if im not mistaken.
If you guys think is unfair, im fine m8, i dont ussualy have problems to participate in every race if its on my free day, so probably i would be one of those who could be in disadvantage by my own suggestion lol.
But i agree if it was implemented should have been done in the rules from the first day .

I don't want to make it look too serious, we've seen before serious championships leads to frustration and forum rants when core crashes and other problems arised.
I'm all for fun, you know me, but also part of the fun is taking points for the team and do your best. I dont see this championship as individual but a team goal.
Fun races we can do any day, a championship has a competitive factor that makes it interesting. We just have to be gentleman competitive, not crazy copetitive , if that makes sense  ;D

doubledragoncc

I think it would be unfair on those that raced to take away their point to try and be fair to others. It is hard to draw a line here

I think it only right to keep it as it is and as we are all having issues with GPB in one way or another we have to just go with it for now.

I have not been able to race ONCE yet lol

Lets just use this as a kinda test championship to get it right for when GPB is stable and we can get races for all times to suit all

DD

Grooveski

I'm a maybe for tomorrow - am mid-flit but the old connection is still active. 
If it's still on tomorrow -  I did do a few laps last week, so will see you all there.  :)

tchemi

DD,

In order to avoid the problem we had last time with jump start. If We saw that some guys are getting disqualified because of a bug, tell them not to quit.
Make a restart a the guys just have to enter the track after the green lights. They will start from the pit.

Not funny but still better than a DSQF

Napalm Nick

Wont work mate, unfortunately, once you are DSQ you are out. All that can be done is a server restart... :(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Become dust

doubledragoncc

Watch race in the link on my signiture

DD