• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Hi Guys - i'm new here

Started by paulieGTR, May 31, 2017, 11:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulieGTR

Hi Guys.  :)

Just like the title says, i'm new here.

I read about GPBikes on racedepartment a very long time ago, but just never quite got around to trying it.
Since then, i've tried some decent fake bike games on steam over the past couple of years, i thought it was about time i got the real deal.
Not that i had intentionally put off getting it, it's more of the fact that i had ashamedly just forgot about piboso and GPB's.

What gave me the push after these years was actually quite by accident.
I was searching for a bike controller and remembered that one was getting dev'd a good while back.
My fear was that the dev had gone under or not got enough interest...

So there you have it, my secret's out.!!

I'm only here to race some Bikes with you guys, try and purchase an HS2 after a few months, hopefuly... and join in on the track modding/building.
fyi... i've already got a very early alpha build of the 'Fort William' area - approx ~42miles(67.5km) in an area 20kmx20km round 'Loch eil'.
It's a very fast circuit with some technicaly demanding corners(for bikes) and good variation on gradients or undulating surface.

but yeah... that's about it.
I hope to really enjoy my stay here.

ps. sry for the long post.
Now i just need to stick some funds in paypal and purchase GPBikes, but i will do that later today without a doubt.
Rig: W10Pro64 anni - haf932+M1000 1kw - M6F.rog - 4770K - 16gbTridentX - evgaTitanX Sc - 3xAsus27" - 24"acer Dashmeterpro+BU0836x+Pro-Gauge+tir5pro - SSD's all over

CapeDoctor

welcome Paulie

that wasn't too long a post - you should see some of the guys, myself included, sometimes writing short essays.  ;D
you won't regret getting into GPB, there simply is nothing that offers this level of PC bike physics, at least on the open public market.
always happy to hear of more tracks in the works, we can never have too many of those!  8)

you are probably referring to DD's (doubledragon) bike controller - and my story is very similar to yours. looking for a decent bike controller, everything led to a dead-end except his.
i don't have one yet(a bit steep with the god-awful exchange rate in south africa), but it's definitely on my wishlist.
sounds like you might be Scottish? i have younger brother living in Glasgow. beautiful landscapes up north there :D
anyways, have fun in the forums, and with the sim.

Become dust

hello! happy to see new users around here :D

Hawk

Welcome aboard Paulie!  ;)

If you need any help or advice then just ask mate and someone here in the forum will be more than happy to help you were they can.

Hope to see you online and in race events soon mate.  :) 8)

Hawk.

miki

Hello mate, I'm sure you will enjoy the community

Vini

davidboda46

Welcome to the forum mate.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

janaucarre

doubledragoncc

Welcome aboard Paulie

Hs2 is in full production now and just started getting steel lazer cut and all other stuff being work on for same way.

Hope to see you on the track some time

Have fun m8

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

paulieGTR

Thankyou for the warm welcome guys and if i need help, i will surely ask.

ps. i am now the proud owner of GPB.!!  :)
Rig: W10Pro64 anni - haf932+M1000 1kw - M6F.rog - 4770K - 16gbTridentX - evgaTitanX Sc - 3xAsus27" - 24"acer Dashmeterpro+BU0836x+Pro-Gauge+tir5pro - SSD's all over

MikeyMerging

Great to see fellow new riders here..!!
Just purchased the Licensed Version last month and really appreciate the handling physics.

I've downloaded all tracks and bikes and keep updated each week.
My fav bikes so far are the docile Road Honda CBR and the SBK 15 Aprillia.

As an avid MotoGP fan, I tried the new '17 Yam R1 around Mugello and was 18 seconds off of Maverick's pole..
Ah Well.
Cheers all.. Mikey

( I use my Thrustmaster TM Wheel and pedals which has great feedback with this game.)

ziyaad

Morning guys, how do i get my hands on the Hs2 controlls?

CapeDoctor

June 06, 2017, 05:52:34 AM #12 Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:14:25 AM by CapeDoctor
hi ziyaad, i think you should ask doubledragoncc about the controls - he is the main man for that.
it's on my wishlist, as well - just waiting until my bank balance agrees... :D

doubledragoncc

Hi ziyaad

Just email me at doubledragoncc@yahoo.com for full details

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.