• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:19:25 AM

Sliding

Started by Become dust, June 01, 2017, 01:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

You can tighten your corner exit to get a better entry into the next corner without needing to use a slower line in the first corner.

For example the last left at Le Mans (before the slow double right).

Become dust

Quote from: vini97 on June 01, 2017, 10:10:40 AM
You can tighten your corner exit to get a better entry into the next corner without needing to use a slower line in the first corner.

For example the last left at Le Mans (before the slow double right).

intriguing...

CapeDoctor

Stout Johnson

Quote from: vini97 on June 01, 2017, 08:22:33 AM
It's not quite realistic in GPB, though: The slide needs to be induced at high lean angle and then (almost at the same time) stand the bike up. If you stand the bike up before giving the bike throttle, you won't get a proper slide, unless the tyres are completely gone.
To hold big slides, you have to cut the throttle after the rear steps out and then quickly apply it again to continue the slide and avoid a highside.

Edit: In first and second gear, you can also start a slide at less lean angle but this is not the way to go if your goal are fast lap times.
Very well explained. That's exactly how it is in GPB. And it is one of the reasons I am a bit fed up with GPB at the moment. It does not really feel like a very good simulator for me as it is now. Along with the understeer/front wheel alignment bug, the way the tyre grips/does not grip just does not feel realistic. And unfortunately these are essential things for a motorcycle simulator.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Become dust

Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 01, 2017, 10:58:57 AM
Quote from: vini97 on June 01, 2017, 08:22:33 AM
It's not quite realistic in GPB, though: The slide needs to be induced at high lean angle and then (almost at the same time) stand the bike up. If you stand the bike up before giving the bike throttle, you won't get a proper slide, unless the tyres are completely gone.
To hold big slides, you have to cut the throttle after the rear steps out and then quickly apply it again to continue the slide and avoid a highside.

Edit: In first and second gear, you can also start a slide at less lean angle but this is not the way to go if your goal are fast lap times.
Very well explained. That's exactly how it is in GPB. And it is one of the reasons I am a bit fed up with GPB at the moment. It does not really feel like a very good simulator for me as it is now. Along with the understeer/front wheel alignment bug, the way the tyre grips/does not grip just does not feel realistic. And unfortunately these are essential things for a motorcycle simulator.

Huh.... how long have you followed GP bikes?

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Become dust on June 01, 2017, 11:00:21 AM
~ 8 years...  ::)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Become dust

Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 01, 2017, 11:54:19 AM
Quote from: Become dust on June 01, 2017, 11:00:21 AM
~ 8 years...  ::)

waow.... talking about patience

Davide74

With this mod it was relatively easy, or with the STK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jT0mG0ZOw

Become dust

Quote from: Davide74 on June 01, 2017, 12:21:04 PM
With this mod it was relatively easy, or with the STK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jT0mG0ZOw

wot.... hooligans!!  that's amazin'

davidboda46

I can slide the bike sometimes at speed but only for shorter distances, can't really hold it through the whole corner. It is also hard to come out of the slide with maintained momentum. I do slide the rear to get a straighter exit out of hairpins sometimes, but that is in 1st or 2nd gear. The biggest problem is that riders in real life, like Stoner (who has amazing throttle control), FEEL the bike and under their butt and get physical feedback from the tires, suspension and so on. In GPB we obviously don't have that so it is harder to judge exactly what the bike is doing (especially when you ride in 1st person view like I do).

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Become dust

Quote from: davidboda46 on June 01, 2017, 01:23:12 PM
I can slide the bike sometimes at speed but only for shorter distances, can't really hold it through the whole corner. It is also hard to come out of the slide with maintained momentum. I do slide the rear to get a straighter exit out of hairpins sometimes, but that is in 1st or 2nd gear. The biggest problem is that riders in real life, like Stoner (who has amazing throttle control), FEEL the bike and under their butt and get physical feedback from the tires, suspension and so on. In GPB we obviously don't have that so it is harder to judge exactly what the bike is doing (especially when you ride in 1st person view like I do).

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Hmmm thats a good point

JamoZ

Quote from: tchemi on June 01, 2017, 08:09:14 AM
IMO the best bike to learn that is the KTM RC8 SBK with hard tyres with a lot of pressure in them.

That thing was a little bit too  much imo, great fun nontheless!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/v/B-4Num4y1fk

Become dust

Quote from: JamoZ on June 01, 2017, 07:19:04 PM
Quote from: tchemi on June 01, 2017, 08:09:14 AM
IMO the best bike to learn that is the KTM RC8 SBK with hard tyres with a lot of pressure in them.

That thing was a little bit too  much imo, great fun nontheless!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/v/B-4Num4y1fk

Noice!!