• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:21:25 PM

tire contact

Started by Become dust, June 01, 2017, 09:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Become dust

out of curiosity I watched some IRL racing vids and noticed something racing sims/games don't... "seem/look" to simulate is tire flex upon contact with the track surface, but then I later found out Rfactor 2 simulates tire "movement/flex"

which reaches my question, does Gp-bikes actually simulate the shock absorption and given grip of the tire pressure on the ground itself, if so is it just a simple "grip value" or what? I'm no physicist or am I an expert on simulation mechanics

just left with wondering if tire flex is a key factor GP-bikes even needs? or is it just replaced with calculations?

not sure if this makes any sense, but hopefully it can spark a little discussion and hopefully give me some insight on Tire dynamics, not specific of tires but friction physics as well "i guess  ::)"

Become dust

the reason behind the curiosity is inspired by all these topics of the front tire in GP-bikes not....."simulating" correctly

Hawk

As far as I know, the tyre physics model does simulate that, but GPB doesn't actually animate it in game like rFactor 2 does.

I'd like to see all that sort of thing animated in game myself as it adds to the realism and immersion of a simulation. Maybe it will be in future, who knows. :)

Hawk.

tchemi

Yep !

We had this discussion with PiBoSo when we were discuting a way to improve to behaviour on kerbs. He said that the tyre already simulates deformation

Become dust

Quote from: tchemi on June 02, 2017, 09:29:11 AM
Yep !

We had this discussion with PiBoSo when we were discuting a way to improve to behaviour on kerbs. He said that the tyre already simulates deformation

Cool! But that leads me to my final question whats so displeasing with gp bikes in the way it handles? For others i mean..