• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:36:02 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Any way to limit lean angle?

Started by connorhall70, June 01, 2017, 09:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connorhall70

As the title says, any way to stop the gp125 from leaning tooooo far over?

Happens all the time compared to other bikes like gp250 gp500 gp1000 etc etc list goes on. this is pretty much the only bike where you have to be really precise on lean angle otherwise you'll lose the front. i race bikes in real life. i know for a fact its literally impossible to lean a bike too far over. you'd have to fight the bike so hard to do so. the forces created dont allow you to do such a thing. if there isnt thats fine, just guess i wont be riding the gp125 lol. anyone that can help out id be thankful. cheers BOIS. (plz help me)
GanjaGod

Hawk

To be honest, the default GP125 is probably the worst bike in GPB for it's physics performance(front end breaking away all the time) and most people stay away from it as far as I know. It's a well known problem bike.  ;)

If you like riding the small bikes, I'd recommend trying the "125_Cagiva_Mito_94" created by Manu.  :)

Hawk.

Warlock

We can't help on that m8, it's just the bike has problems we can't solve.
As Hawk said only thing you can do is try to ride with a more forgiving bike.
GPB is an awesome sim, but not exent of a few problems we have to live with until Piboso has the time to work on it   ( if they have solution )

connorhall70

ahhh okay, didnt wanna assume it was a very difficult bike to ride without asking first! thanks for the replies! :)
GanjaGod

Cote Dazur

Just tried the demo in VR, it works, but I cannot ride that bike, if that is the worst bike to ride in this game, according to some post here, then what is the point of having it in the demo?
Discourage potential user?
Well it is working with me, not getting into it until I can try a bike I can actually ride.
Funny bit about riding GP in VR, the bike only has handle bar, gauge and part of the front fork, not even a front wheel, still, it could be fun with a bike we could actually ride.

h106frp

The mod bikes tend to have more of the chassis in 1P and you could actually edit .gfx to show more if you felt inclined.

The 125 is rideable with a bit of practice but its not good on incline changes.

It does take a bit to of practice to master GPBs physics simulation anyway, learning curve is probably besst described as 'challenging'  ;D

Joeski

The 125 is difficult for sure, I'm not sure what profile tyres they use but I imagine in real life it could be the same issue - their tyres are much smaller than 600cc+ sportsbikes so it would make sense that it's easier to lowside on them.

And as for it being nearly impossible to run out of tyre in real life - if you race then you must have experienced it many times...if not then maybe you need to race a little harder ;)
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

connorhall70

Quote from: Joeski on July 31, 2017, 10:41:59 AM
The 125 is difficult for sure, I'm not sure what profile tyres they use but I imagine in real life it could be the same issue - their tyres are much smaller than 600cc+ sportsbikes so it would make sense that it's easier to lowside on them.

And as for it being nearly impossible to run out of tyre in real life - if you race then you must have experienced it many times...if not then maybe you need to race a little harder ;)

i have had the front wash out from underneath me plenty of times in different situations in real life. i know what causes a crash and it is NEVER leaning over too far. its physically impossible for a human to lean off the tyre.
GanjaGod

Hawk

Quote from: connorhall70 on August 22, 2017, 03:01:46 AM
Quote from: Joeski on July 31, 2017, 10:41:59 AM

i have had the front wash out from underneath me plenty of times in different situations in real life. i know what causes a crash and it is NEVER leaning over too far. its physically impossible for a human to lean off the tyre.

Maybe not leaning off the tyre so much, but certainly possible to lean a bike over so far that the forces to allow the tyre to maintain grip are overcome which results in the bikes tyres breaking away.  :)

Serge Dagher

Hello all,
New member here, i installed the demo yesterday and i today i registered on the forum. First post...
I was about to give up on the game in general because of the demo bike! After watching youtube videos (mainly sim uk) i got a bit frustrated because the riders were doing some "extreme" riding without losing the bike as i often as i did.
Then i watched a video for activating hardcore mod and i got excited about the idea and wanted to try it (mainly because i am a rider and trackday participant in real life). Again the hardcore mod increased my frustration cause the bike seemed to want to only lean to either side (more to the right) no matter much I fiddled with the control settings from the menu...
Ps.: i tried the hardcore mode on my g27 racing wheel... i also switched off hardcore and tried the game with the my g27 wheel...
...long story short i decided to move on;  however this morning i decided to give it one more try with the Xbox controller and decided to use smoothing option and tweaked that over a few attempts.
I realized that the problem with the 125 is that it is too twichy  (i was losing the front when exciting a turn and bringing the bike up)... i guess this is somewhat a real representative of the handling nature of the smaller bikes... (very twichy. Very responsive)
The impression i got is that the rider moves abruptly on the machines (i have rider weight and lean on auto)...
Since smoothing out the rider lean i managed to set a 2:11 lap... it's no where near prefect but i did it with the stock bike settings. You still lose the front if you get to confident with the lean angle but at least i can ride the bike...

But all this realization came from switching to 3rd person view...i was able to see what the bike was doing and figure out a "cure"...

Now back to the hardcore mod. ..the guy did it on a motogp bike;  does this mean that for me to getting right i have to try the bigger bikes or is there something in the physics engine that works more for bikes other than the 125 to allow this "stable" control of the hardcore mod. ..or am i missing something like a specific setting for the wheel from settings menu?

poumpouny

To be honest, i've ride the demo 125 for about 10 minutes and then immediately buy the game (i'm from Milestone's moto gp game so it was a shock). I tryed the demo in the time the 125 bikes wasn't bugged ( i din't understand why Mr Pib still didn't fix that bike when you know it's the only bike who comes with the demo ).

About the hardcore mode, it's totally normal that you're frustrated  ;D i've been for 2 mounth lol. i love hardcore sim but find it too much difficult largelly more than a real bike (certainly because of lack of feed back you got from the controller. I'm using a G29 wheel). I've made a suggestion in the wishlist section to make a mixed version of DST/DSA hardcore mode and the normal stearing / leaning mode. Wich will consist in you ride the bike in normal mode, but let you to find the bike maximum lean angle, so you fall if you get past the maximum angle depending on speed, tyre grip, bike COG etc. Counter steering is a god thing but without a high end motion controller with torque input, it seems very unnatural and too hard to ride, and there's no point it should be more difficult than a real bike.

Syd

Serge, the 125 is the worst/ hardest bike to ride and needs work. it should not be in the demo, but hey.
buy the game, all the other bikes (and there are a lot!) are good. so are the tracks. Some even mind blowing.
If you find first person riding hard and frustrating, go to 3rd person until you get the hang of the bikes.

KG_03

The problem with DEMO Bike is that it allows extreme leans that can't be handeled by tires. You can override it but lowering the lean axis gain to less than 100%. Thanks to it the bike won't reach its maximum leans. And also automatic left right balance helps a lot. Thanks to it the rider balances automatically.
Anyway the modded bikes are much more user friendly...but yeah..the game is frustating at the start because Milestone games learned us that we should not play their games like real life motorcycles. Here is the opposide. Don't do things that you won't do in real life :-D

Serge Dagher

i don't mind the frustration from not getting it right the first time - it's just that the settings are too far from (i don't want to say user friendly cause that's not what i am hoping GPBikes is) ideal i would say.
like it was so bad that non of the tweaks that i did helped. i couldn't even get out of the pit box and do the left turn to go on track. it was the same thing, and i loved how the hardcore mode recognizes that below 30kmh the bike respondes to direct steering then above that it switches to counter steer...

i've played a lot of games (i am a hardcore sim racer) i tweak and modifiy (hex edit) all games that i play, i remove all ride/drive assists and crank up the AI level (speaking of AI, Motogp 17 is an absolute crap at AI "rendering" - i am hoping for a decent fix from racedepartment- but that's a different topic).

don't get me wrong guys, i love a challenge, and i absolutely love and appreciate what Piboso and the rest of the community are doing here!

i don't like to play 3rd person, i hate it, my lap times are way better than in 3rd person. in all the sims that i play, i use 1st person. the reason i am hung up on the 125 handling and getting it right is that i figured from what i've read on the forum that the 125 is the most difficult to handle, i figured if i can control that bike it will make my learning curve flatter but at the end of it i will truly become closer to the aliens (no disrespect to anyone) who are awesome at this game.

i understand that time and practice are required to achieve the goal but with my efforts i felt like nothing worked no matter how much i tip toed around (especially using the hardcore mode). i even went to the point where i said screw that i am not going to go faster than 30km and i will use feather light input - still nothing worked - crash and burn and just lean to the right... i am guess i should try the auto balance off for this to work... maybe when i stop this rant i will give it a shot... but first i want to try again with the xbox controller see if my earlier performance this morning is stable or was just a fluke!

poumpouny

October 05, 2017, 02:47:29 PM #14 Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:51:59 PM by poumpouny
DST/DSA hardcore mode with Gamepad i think Klax is the only guy who manage to ride with (and he had a personal reason for that). Speaking of Wheel, you need to controll rider lean manually to really be able to drive in hardcore mode (virtual rider doesn't work in hardcore mode). i'm controlling my rider lean with DIY headtracking, i'm able to do one or to lap without falling in victoria but with an extreme and not natural effort) i know i have experienced hardcore mode since "only" 2 mounth. Counter steering is cool when you have dedicated high end controller ( a frame mounted on a motor or actuator, with a torque or a steer input with FFB that dictate the frame physical lean (so you know physicaly your lean angle) and a motion tracker pinned to your clothes to track the virtuar rider lean) that way it would be the best motorcycle game experience (and even with that you wouldn't have the centrifugal force that help you to pull up your bike after leaning). with a wheel you only have the front wheel ffb, you don't even know your lean angle in 1st person view you's just guessing it, and i think it's very unnatural ! anyway hardcore mode is cool if one day i manage to really deal with it (even if it still will be unnatural compared to a real bike)

Edit: the "Smooting thing" in normal steering mode with gamepad doesn't work in hardcore mode, i mean the "Direct Lean" smothing, you need to controll preciselly the steering input with your finger with the gamepad analog stick   ;D