Author Topic: Just a quick question ..  (Read 634 times)

KliPPiE

• View Profile
Just a quick question ..
« on: June 02, 2017, 06:55:55 PM »
I was going through some old race series threads and how many players raced at that time.

What has happened ?

What has chased them away ?

I mean i could only see this game to have gotten  better not worse enough to chase them all away ?
Kind Regards
KliPPiE

MultiCOOLFRESH

• Burrn rubber, not your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Just a quick question ..
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 06:57:42 PM »
+1, I wondered aswell
Heeeeeey Hoooooo

KliPPiE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 07:00:45 PM »
+1, I wondered aswell

It bugs me to know that this game has died while getting better maybe when it hits steam and stuff like that its playerbase will inccrease again :?
Kind Regards
KliPPiE

Meyer#12

• Danish roadracer
    • View Profile
    • Fuld-rulle
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 07:06:08 PM »
+1, I wondered aswell

It bugs me to know that this game has died while getting better maybe when it hits steam and stuff like that its playerbase will inccrease again :?

Online stability have been the main issue for many racers.
Meyer#12

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 07:26:48 PM »
+1, I wondered aswell

I would contest that opinion Klippie. Just look at how many want to sign-up for any race events that are organised.... How can you conclude GPB is dead?  :o

Hawk.

KliPPiE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 07:56:06 PM »
refering to what other people said hawk
Kind Regards
KliPPiE

ziyaad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »
hi off the topic i was just disqualified for a jump start but now i cant get back on servers connection timeout? is there any link there or is there a problem?

finpower

• GP Bikes Team Austria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 08:34:49 PM »
I want to contribute to this discusion.

GPBike is simply not a game. It is a hard simulation and since the problem starts.
Since this sim is just at the beginning very trainingsintensive and the successes are rather moderate, it can be that a lot of riders go back.

Many drivers do not come to the training servers (because they are also empty most of the time) and do not want to give any blows.

I do not care about it. I am now 1, 2 or 5 seconds behind the best drivers, I just have fun. And that is with many drivers the problem.
I could still call some examples, but I do not like it any more today.

As I said, it is a very hard simulation.

Greeting fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 10:32:06 PM »
+1, I wondered aswell

I would contest that opinion Klippie. Just look at how many want to sign-up for any race events that are organised.... How can you conclude GPB is dead?  :o

Hawk.
refering to what other people said hawk

Sorry mate, my misunderstanding.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

KliPPiE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »
no worries hawk because i did take a look at older threads of people questioning this games playerbase and thats why i raised the question again i mean to be honest im very agressive and there is at least one bike that you, i and everyone can ride without crashing so theres no reason to say this game is a hard simulation game yes its hard on certain bikes but manu and various other modders go through all the effort to make a motogp bike for 2017 and various other bikes that consists of assists like wheelie control, traction control etc that help players not as competent as us faster riders.

Personally myself i think this game is not known about and if this game is marketed better and pushed to greenlight on steam its playerbase will be more successful, i think this is a fantastic game and beats the shit out of ride 2 in terms of variety and the fact that you can play this game on a laptop and not need a 500$ or 5000 rand compter as i do for ride 2.
Kind Regards
KliPPiE

ziyaad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 04:59:46 AM »
As a newbie i must add whats very frustrating if you on the limit of ur bike and the other guy is running 3 secs faster than you with the same bike, not to be competitive is no fun and we all dont have the time to sit an figure out bike setups... :-\. If there could be some good setups posted for at least one bike in the popular classes it would make for more competitive racing and less frustration. let the rider make the difference not so much the bike!

Blackheart

• In PiBoSo we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 05:51:09 AM »
As a newbie i must add whats very frustrating if you on the limit of ur bike and the other guy is running 3 secs faster than you with the same bike, not to be competitive is no fun and we all dont have the time to sit an figure out bike setups... :-\. If there could be some good setups posted for at least one bike in the popular classes it would make for more competitive racing and less frustration. let the rider make the difference not so much the bike!

Some riders (the top 10 sure) are here for years, its impossible (however unlikely) make the same times of the best or veteran riders after 1 week or 1 month  :P

Anyway when you see people online ask for a setup, there is the "setups share" option in game, never see someone refuses to share their setup  ;)

Also the "slow riders" here are quite fast for a newcomer. And I assure you that some riders use the default setups with great results.

ziyaad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 01:14:10 PM »
yeah ive tried the setup share thing the guy sent me a complete bullshit setup  ;D, but anyway i guess the hard way to learn is the best way ???

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 01:34:14 PM »
Like in real life. A setup is personal to all riders. Not saying that it wasnt a bad setup but i have seen some weord setups that only work for a handfull of people and is unridable for others

Warlock

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »
Some of the fastest guys in GPB only uses default setups.
No way you can shortcut the learning curve.

not to be competitive is no fun
Learning, and being faster as you progress is fun and rewarding

we all dont have the time to sit an figure out bike setups
Im sorry, but then GPB is not you bike sim.