• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:43:58 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Triumph Moto 2 Engine Teaser

Started by matty0l215, June 03, 2017, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

https://www.youtube.com/v/bDT8y0WEfxo

I can't wait to see and hear this in action. Nice to see Dorna not picking the most obvious choice and even giving a British firm a chance (Okay, the bikes are basically built in India nowerdays but still)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

miki

Moving to a triple will be really interesting, I can't wait to hear the whole field of triples flying by at the start of the race.

Become dust

Stout Johnson

sounds so much better than the street triples...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

PeterV

Stout Johnson

This sounds indeed also quite ok from further away, but probably is without db-eater. The stock exhaust sound is not my thing. In general I do not really like the sound of the triples. What I especially hate about the triples is that whining noise you hear when riding onboard or close by (you can hear it from 0:17 to 0:19 in your video). That is an absolute turn-off for me. From far away with a good exhaust it does sound quite decent though  ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

vali_grad

sounds very good, but aren't these 3 cylinder engines a little maintenance/performance troubling ?  :o
new sim in town ? ping me !

HornetMaX

Quote from: vali_grad on June 04, 2017, 10:40:46 AM
sounds very good, but aren't these 3 cylinder engines a little maintenance/performance troubling ?  :o
Why would that be ?

matty0l215

Quote from: vali_grad on June 04, 2017, 10:40:46 AM

There was a myth that early Daytona's and Striples (the first couple years fo the new 675 engine) would blow up at any moment.

This is utter Bull shit... I Own A 2006 Daytona (over 12,000 miles with mulitple track days and two european tours) and a 2013 Daytona. Neither of which have self destructed or had any issues whatso ever. And i know plenty of people who have owned other Triumph Triples (Street, Speed, Daytona, Sprint..) and I have only heard of one horror story and that was mainly because he rebuilt the bike.

Like everything, Poor maintinance leads to issues. There will be teething issues like everything. But You cant compare this brand new engine to the Current CBR 600 engines used in Moto 2 because the engine because its been around for a while (It's first itteration was in 2003!?) so 14 years to get a perfect engine will lead to good reliablitly

tchemi

Yep, The 3 cylinder MV F3 is said to be so powerfull and brutal that it is not efficient on track. the 800cc gives the same power that a 4 cylinder liter from the last decade.

But about the sound, let be honest. The stock sound of the streettriple is just horrible ^^ It's like a high pitch wissle.

miki

I like the triple whine from Triumph, but clearly the engine in the teaser is not a stock unit

matty0l215

badexample69

September 26, 2017, 04:46:41 AM #13 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:52:57 AM by badexample69
Such a good engine for Moto 2! Cannot wait to see the bikes! I've been waiting for a 1000cc + triple. Get on it Triumph! These bikes sound wicked and are narrow as hell just like a 2 stroke. The built quality is surprising as well. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gprJSjs-R4s