• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

HELP: vibration feedback

Started by Become dust, June 03, 2017, 11:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Become dust

June 03, 2017, 11:50:09 PM Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:47:17 PM by Become dust
Oi! guys new question! is is possible to code a vibration type feedback to your controller that react to your bike's lean angle? I know maxhud got some vibration feedback but frankly, i struggle to understand how it works pretty nice tho.

Become dust

looks like that's not a thing i guess?

h106frp

Max plugin uses the bike accelerations fed back from the telemetry interface so its quite an accurate simulation.

Not vsure what you mean by vibration feedback for lean angle - thats seems to indicate force feedback which is already supported for a relevant device.

You can write a plugin that uses the telemetry, the demo code is documented on the GPB webpage

Become dust

Quote from: h106frp on June 04, 2017, 04:53:28 PM
Max plugin uses the bike accelerations fed back from the telemetry interface so its quite an accurate simulation.

Not vsure what you mean by vibration feedback for lean angle - thats seems to indicate force feedback which is already supported for a relevant device.

You can write a plugin that uses the telemetry, the demo code is documented on the GPB webpage

huh... so how I do that? i play one a gamepad/controller

h106frp

Do what, use Max plugin? Instructions are in attached pdf once you download the files. Once in game use 'capslock' to get to the menu and configure rumble amongst other things.

To write your own plugin you need a bit of programing ability, including how to build a dll.  :)

Become dust

Quote from: h106frp on June 04, 2017, 07:14:32 PM
Do what, use Max plugin? Instructions are in attached pdf once you download the files. Once in game use 'capslock' to get to the menu and configure rumble amongst other things.

To write your own plugin you need a bit of programing ability, including how to build a dll.  :)

im refering to the bike angle feedback of vibration....

h106frp

Im afraid you have lost me - how would you convert lean angle into a vibration parameter?

The current plugin converts chassis vibration magnitudes to vibration (pad rumple), to get feedback of steer input (or bike lean) you would need a wheel and configure FF in the gpbikes menu

Become dust

Quote from: h106frp on June 04, 2017, 07:47:13 PM
Im afraid you have lost me - how would you convert lean angle into a vibration parameter?

The current plugin converts chassis vibration magnitudes to vibration (pad rumple), to get feedback of steer input (or bike lean) you would need a wheel and configure FF in the gpbikes menu

rip