• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:24:05 PM

Unreal Engine 4

Started by doubledragoncc, June 02, 2017, 11:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi guys

Just got my first taste of Unreal Engine 4 in MXGP3

Still trying to get x360ce to work so I can use my controller so had to use a frickin gamepad and.............. even I could ride in it lol SUCH a GAME!!!!

Well back to the UE4...................feckin love it!!! Looks sweet as and did and a lot of atmosphere to the GAME.

It will be interesting to see other titles like GTR3 and TDU3 using this engine as I think that is their plans

Well just thought I would say and if anyone gets x360 working in MXGP3 before me let me know pls

DD

EDIT forgot the important bit, was running 1080p ultra at solid 60 FPS for a Pilestone game!!!
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Yeah tried yesterday and I not understand why the new MotoGP17 not use the UE4  ???

doubledragoncc

Oh yeah to true

BTW this is a Pilestone game where the mouse actually works in game WTF lol

Wonder if RIDE3 will be getting real it if it happens

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

So found the right folder for x360 as is not the normal folder lol

Wot fun on a really dusty dirty track in UE4

DD

Hawk

I personally don't understand why Piboso doesn't switch over to using the Unreal 4 Engine SDK for his projects.... Surely a lot better foundation to work with than starting from scratch on projects?
I'd happily pay the 5% extra on the price of GPB to cover the cost of doing so.  :P ;D

Hawk

TFC

Is it something that could be considered after KRP, GPB, WRS and MXB are completed? Or would it be more of a ground up thing?

vali_grad

Quote from: Hawk on June 02, 2017, 04:14:29 PM
I personally don't understand why Piboso doesn't switch over to using the Unreal 4 Engine SDK for his projects.... Surely a lot better foundation to work with than starting from scratch on projects?
I'd happily pay the 5% extra on the price of GPB to cover the cost of doing so.  :P ;D

Hawk

hehe I think is easier timewise to build a car from scratch than changing a game engine  ;D
new sim in town ? ping me !

Mace-x

Quote from: Hawk on June 02, 2017, 04:14:29 PM

Hawk

you still have to program all the physics in the engine, unreal engine 4 car physics sucks!

also ue4 works with dx while piboso uses opengl, i dont know if it´s similar in therms of coding.
ue4 uses C++, i dont know wich language does piboso uses.

altrought ue4 have a integrated track editor that would be so awesome to use for pibs games, along with speed tree, pbr materials and a lot of usefull stuff already done.

i dont know, but i´d love to see that for sure!

tchemi

I think that GPBikes is multi-platform, Windows / Linux / Mac.

The day PiBoSo will (or not) abandon the idea of cross-platform, It could switch to any famous engine. The problem is that all those engines, unreal, cry, frost etc... are all more or less devoted to Windows.

Hawk

Quote from: tchemi on June 02, 2017, 08:52:33 PM

The day PiBoSo will (or not) abandon the idea of cross-platform, It could switch to any famous engine. The problem is that all those engines, unreal, cry, frost etc... are all more or less devoted to Windows.

Does any serious gamer really care about support for Apple or Linux? Lol!  I'd much rather have GPBikes using the Unreal 4 Engine.... No contest. ;D

Apple Mac's are simply a fashion statement, and Linux owners are just for people who like to feel they are rebelling against the establishment in my opinion. Lol! ;D

Hawk.

Mace-x

Quote from: tchemi on June 02, 2017, 08:52:33 PM

https://www.unrealengine.com/faq

QuoteWhat platforms are supported?
Unreal Engine 4 enables you to deploy projects to Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, VR (including but not limited to SteamVR/HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR, Google VR/Daydream, OSVR and Samsung Gear VR), Linux, SteamOS, and HTML5. You can run the Unreal Editor on Windows, OS X and Linux.

and without changing the freaking code, awesome right?  ;D