• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:07:09 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

CAWS MOD TEAM - TRACK RELEASE - Catalunya Laser

Started by Napalm Nick, June 07, 2017, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeski

Newbie question - downloaded this track but when I come to play it, all I can see is the bike and a black background - it seems the walls etc are all there because I run into them, but can't see anything at all! Any ideas? Thanks,
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Joeski on August 12, 2017, 03:05:47 PM
Newbie question - downloaded this track but when I come to play it, all I can see is the bike and a black background - it seems the walls etc are all there because I run into them, but can't see anything at all! Any ideas? Thanks,

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4850.0

Joeski

Thanks Max...that's resolved my problem with Oulton crashing, but Catalunya is still doing the same...it doesn't crash core.exe, it' just has a completely black background other than the bike!

The zip file contains the folder - CATALUNYA_CLASSIC_LS_NDS but outside of this folder there's a load of other files -rainsky.edf, marshalls.cfg etc which I've tried dropping in the same folder, i've also tried dropping them in a few other locations with no joy - where are these files supposed to be copied to?

HornetMaX

When you unpack an archive just unpack it as a whole, do not pick individual files.
Usually the archive will create a folder (named as the track) and put all the files inside the folder.
In the above, the files are actually in the CATALUNYA_CLASSIC_LS_NDS (unless the track creator has done something terribly wrong, which I doubt).

If the archive has a .pkz extension, you don't need to unpack it, just put the .pkz file in the "tracks" folder.

Hawk

Indeed. There are 2 tracks in the Catalunya track folder(Don't separate them): Modern and Classic versions; you will be able to select which one you want to ride from the GPB track menu.

When you download a track zip file, put the zip file in your track folder and just right click on the track zip file and select "Extract Here"; all will unpack properly then.

Good point Max about the .pkz extention but I don't believe any track zip archives have that extension in the track database?  :)

Hawk

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on August 12, 2017, 06:39:05 PM
Good point Max about the .pkz extention but I don't believe any track zip archives have that extension in the track database?  :)
I know, but they should.
If they are named .zip, a simple rename to .pkz will do. If they are something else (.rar, .7z, ...) then they should be unpacked, zipped to a .zip and then renamed to .pkz.

I think that time has proven that the average user is not a modder, so dealing with a single .pkz file (per track, per bike) is much easier for them.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 12, 2017, 06:41:57 PM
Quote from: Hawk on August 12, 2017, 06:39:05 PM
I know, but they should.
If they are named .zip, a simple rename to .pkz will do. If they are something else (.rar, .7z, ...) then they should be unpacked, zipped to a .zip and then renamed to .pkz.

I think that time has proven that the average user is not a modder, so dealing with a single .pkz file (per track, per bike) is much easier for them.

Totally agree with you Max!  ;)

Hawk.

Joeski

ok so I was having a blonde moment!

I'd dropped the CATALUNYA_CLASSIC_LS_NDS folder directly within the tracks folder...rather than unzipping the whole package into a CATALUNYA_LS_NDS folder - problem sorted

Gzehoo

October 04, 2017, 09:26:43 PM #23 Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:31:04 PM by Gzehoo
Anybody wants these cameras?

https://youtube.com/v/WlryYlgOV1Q

h106frp