Author Topic: CAWS MOD TEAM - CATALUNYA LS  (Read 1223 times)

Joeski

• View Profile
Re: CAWS MOD TEAM - CATALUNYA LS
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 03:05:47 PM »
Newbie question - downloaded this track but when I come to play it, all I can see is the bike and a black background - it seems the walls etc are all there because I run into them, but can't see anything at all! Any ideas? Thanks,
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 03:35:31 PM »
Newbie question - downloaded this track but when I come to play it, all I can see is the bike and a black background - it seems the walls etc are all there because I run into them, but can't see anything at all! Any ideas? Thanks,

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4850.0

Joeski

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »
Thanks Max...that's resolved my problem with Oulton crashing, but Catalunya is still doing the same...it doesn't crash core.exe, it' just has a completely black background other than the bike!

The zip file contains the folder - CATALUNYA_CLASSIC_LS_NDS but outside of this folder there's a load of other files -rainsky.edf, marshalls.cfg etc which I've tried dropping in the same folder, i've also tried dropping them in a few other locations with no joy - where are these files supposed to be copied to?

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »
When you unpack an archive just unpack it as a whole, do not pick individual files.
Usually the archive will create a folder (named as the track) and put all the files inside the folder.
In the above, the files are actually in the CATALUNYA_CLASSIC_LS_NDS (unless the track creator has done something terribly wrong, which I doubt).

If the archive has a .pkz extension, you don't need to unpack it, just put the .pkz file in the "tracks" folder.

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 06:39:05 PM »
Indeed. There are 2 tracks in the Catalunya track folder(Don't separate them): Modern and Classic versions; you will be able to select which one you want to ride from the GPB track menu.

When you download a track zip file, put the zip file in your track folder and just right click on the track zip file and select "Extract Here"; all will unpack properly then.

Good point Max about the .pkz extention but I don't believe any track zip archives have that extension in the track database?  :)

Hawk

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 06:41:57 PM »
Good point Max about the .pkz extention but I don't believe any track zip archives have that extension in the track database?  :)
I know, but they should.
If they are named .zip, a simple rename to .pkz will do. If they are something else (.rar, .7z, ...) then they should be unpacked, zipped to a .zip and then renamed to .pkz.

I think that time has proven that the average user is not a modder, so dealing with a single .pkz file (per track, per bike) is much easier for them.

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 06:44:15 PM »
I know, but they should.
If they are named .zip, a simple rename to .pkz will do. If they are something else (.rar, .7z, ...) then they should be unpacked, zipped to a .zip and then renamed to .pkz.

I think that time has proven that the average user is not a modder, so dealing with a single .pkz file (per track, per bike) is much easier for them.

Totally agree with you Max!  ;)

Hawk.

Joeski

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 12:39:24 PM »
ok so I was having a blonde moment!

I'd dropped the CATALUNYA_CLASSIC_LS_NDS folder directly within the tracks folder...rather than unzipping the whole package into a CATALUNYA_LS_NDS folder - problem sorted

Gzehoo

• Lambda Motosports rider #92
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »
Anybody wants these cameras?

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/WlryYlgOV1Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtube.com/v/WlryYlgOV1Q</a>
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:31:04 PM by Gzehoo »
Lambda Motosports Team Manager

GP Bikes Polska on Discord