Author Topic: CAWS MOD Team - WIP Donington Park Circuit.  (Read 2386 times)

janaucarre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CAWS MOD Team - WIP Donington Park Circuit.
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »
Hi,
I use now LAA because track didn't load.
All is ok now.
The track is beautiful.
Flickering is a bit bad, not the publicity because we know this problem but the kerbs flickering. From my experience it happens when two polygons are to narrow, here it probably cause the kerbs are on the grass side around the track.
Thank you

Nicotine

• Nicotine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »
Great Track, love it  8)

Thanks man
GP-Bikes Indonesia

davidboda46

• "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro"
    • View Profile
    • My Thoughts About 2 Wheels
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2017, 08:17:21 AM »
Hi guys.

Ever since Beta 12b came out I can't load this track, tried both GP and National versions. Stuck at syncing for ever and if I click the mouse (which goes from the GPB orange one, that is stuck during loading, to the regular white windows one if you know what I mean), I immediately get a core.exe. I use LAA. Track loaded fine with Beta 11b.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

janaucarre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 08:39:16 AM »
Hi,
I note some tracks wich worked well in other beta are less fps in b12b, there one i build for test that was rideable on 5km and the last km was less than 1fps, now It's less than 5 fps from the start, there is only road and grass.

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 08:54:18 AM »
Sounds like a beta 12b issue, but we will test Donington to try and see what's happening....

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated.  ;) 8)

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
Hi guys.

Ever since Beta 12b came out I can't load this track, tried both GP and National versions. Stuck at syncing for ever and if I click the mouse (which goes from the GPB orange one, that is stuck during loading, to the regular white windows one if you know what I mean), I immediately get a core.exe. I use LAA. Track loaded fine with Beta 11b.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Just tried this myself and seems to load fine for me..... It took approx. 40 secs to sync connect and fully load up.

The only time I've had issues like this in beta12b(on any track) is when I've tried to connect to a track with a beta 12 updated bike that I forgot to install the new separate tyre files for.
Was there any bike in particular that you were using at the time? Maybe I can test again using the actual bike you were trying to connect with. :)

davidboda46

• "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro"
    • View Profile
    • My Thoughts About 2 Wheels
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2017, 01:25:13 PM »
Hi guys.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Just tried this myself and seems to load fine for me..... It took approx. 40 secs to sync connect and fully load up.

The only time I've had issues like this in beta12b(on any track) is when I've tried to connect to a track with a beta 12 updated bike that I forgot to install the new separate tyre files for.
Was there any bike in particular that you were using at the time? Maybe I can test again using the actual bike you were trying to connect with. :)

I tried with several bikes, same issue. They work fine on other tracks. I still have all the folders in the C:\...GP Bikes... folder, instead of the new My documents\Piboso-way (I prefer the old folder system and I always unzip the bike PKZ-files so I can easily add paint-files like I always have). Could that be a problem?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2017, 01:51:02 PM »
Hi guys.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

I tried with several bikes, same issue. They work fine on other tracks. I still have all the folders in the C:\...GP Bikes... folder, instead of the new My documents\Piboso-way (I prefer the old folder system and I always unzip the bike PKZ-files so I can easily add paint-files like I always have). Could that be a problem?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Not sure if it could be a problem to be honest; but actually for the paint files, all you need to do is create the bike folder for the relevant bike-name and then create the paints folder inside your newly created bike-named folder and just pop your paint files in there.... No need to extract the bike .PKZ files. ;)
Plus the fact that the servers are now using the .pkz format for the bike files, so if you extract your pkz files you won't be able to connect to that server because your file formats will be different. ;)
So whether that has any relevance to the issue your are experiencing? I don't know. :-\

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2017, 03:10:57 PM »
Plus the fact that the servers are now using the .pkz format for the bike files, so if you extract your pkz files you won't be able to connect to that server because your file formats will be different. ;)
I think this is wrong: you can connect if you unpack and the server doesn't (or vice versa).
It's just that the files must be identical once unpacked: both GPB client and the server unpacks them when loading and the check is likely done there.

teeds

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2017, 04:21:39 PM »
I think this is wrong: you can connect if you unpack and the server doesn't (or vice versa).
It's just that the files must be identical once unpacked: both GPB client and the server unpacks them when loading and the check is likely done there.

I think you're correct Max, I know in MXB it doesn't matter if they're pkz or folder, the content is what counts.

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2017, 04:48:50 PM »
I'm just going from when I had unpacked.pkz bike files in my bike folder and all I got was a core.exe every time I tried to connect. I was asked if all my bikes were .pkz packed files because that's what was on the server? I put the .pkz versions back again and "Hey Presto!" I had no problems connecting to the server at all. So right or wrong something is going off there.  :-\

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2017, 08:15:58 AM »
I'm just going from when I had unpacked.pkz bike files in my bike folder and all I got was a core.exe every time I tried to connect. I was asked if all my bikes were .pkz packed files because that's what was on the server? I put the .pkz versions back again and "Hey Presto!" I had no problems connecting to the server at all. So right or wrong something is going off there.  :-\
Yes, but probably something else :)
Really, folder or .pkz should not make a difference to the checks GPB does.

janaucarre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2017, 11:32:59 AM »
Hi,
Never had a problem to connect to a server and i have ever unpacked all the files

Warlock

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2017, 03:10:15 AM »
I have both , packed and unpacked, no problems so far.

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2017, 06:03:38 AM »
I have both , packed and unpacked, no problems so far.
Same.