• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:12:02 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[RACE 5]NC - Mugello_NDS

Started by doubledragoncc, June 12, 2017, 10:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

Yeh , he passed me in firsts laps and never saw him again

Meyer#12

Thanks a lot for a great race guys!!

In practice it went quite ok, good lap times from start but too many stupid mistakes.

Started QP on race setup getting halfway with that until i changed to low fuel and softs.. couldn't get it right and Klippies connecting caused a few lags ruining laps, then the last 3min i got it right! Banged a 1.56,1 in on 2nd last lap and just after the flag came out a 1.55 :D

Race was a bit of mix, decent start 2nd into first corner, then an odd front wash-away into 4th corner and then back up catching up, every time i came close to Messy out ahead i crashed and couldn't get more than a few laps in a row. Then i passed and it started going better and i settled into a pace i knew was "easy" to keep without pushing too hard and got a rather nice gap. Then decided to go for little extra glory and pushed for last 3 laps and got some decent lap times too haha :D

Thanks for hosting another great event DD! And congrats to podium to Nick and Fin or Messy and Nick if that is how it turns out :)

Once again, sorry for the shunt in the bottom Mike! Was totally my fault, you kept your line and i was just a bit too close and didn't react fast enough when you closes throttle :)
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Yep Messy disappeared twice in the race,  but kept popping back in 2nd now and again hehe. He was definitely second.

Knowing i was gonna struggle on this circuit i just set my own (slow) pace and went for consistency and it paid off in the end. A fall in the last corner of the last lap almost made me shed a tear. :'( lol.

I was happy to break the 2 minute lap in the practice session and a 1.58 in qually was a nice surprise. But getting to the game straight from a 4 hour drive was tough going on the eyes and nerves.  Also in the UK heat it was extra tough but was easier once the brassiere was off!  8)

Well done Meyer, too fast. ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 19, 2017, 06:32:24 AM
Yep Messy disappeared twice in the race,  but kept popping back in 2nd now and again hehe. He was definitely second.

Knowing i was gonna struggle on this circuit i just set my own (slow) pace and went for consistency and it paid off in the end. A fall in the last corner of the last lap almost made me shed a tear. :'( lol.

I was happy to break the 2 minute lap in the practice session and a 1.58 in qually was a nice surprise. But getting to the game straight from a 4 hour drive was tough going on the eyes and nerves.  Also in the UK heat it was extra tough but was easier once the brassiere was off!  8)

Well done Meyer, too fast. ;)

Once again you show that going steady and not crashing pays off ;)

Thanks mate! need to get my shit sorted again and crash less, no idea why i have started riding like this again haha
Meyer#12

tchemi

So, for me, It was a good race, my best one so far, but also the more frustrating. Here's why...

"Tales of a Tchemi"

The start was quite clean this time. Boerenlater used his rockets and glues us to the tarmac. I think that he could have gone into space if the slope was steep enough.
I took a good start and PAssed Messy and Nick. I followed Meyer and Rocket'Boeren, and at the end of turn 1 I was in 3rd.
Unfortunately, Boeren fall off in the second chicane. I think he has been surprised by the cold tyres. Meyer and I had to cut through the grass by didn't fell. At the end of lap 1 or 2, I don't recall exactly, I took the kerb in the penultimate chicane and fell off.

Itook the race back, just in front of Warlock, and here has started a rude battle. For 3 laps in a row, I was struggling behind warlock, faster than him in every corner. But I decided to play it safe. I didn't wanted to pass him like a wild animal.
So I waited the best moment, and the best moment was the straight line. And then, first corner. In order to be safe, I made clean braking and Warlock passed me in the corner. Let's go for another lap behind him...

At the end of turn 5 or 6, He made a mistake in the last corner. He went completly on the inside, on the kerbs and came back on the track. I was flat out in the exit of the corner and so, I started a manoeuvre to take him on the outside. But He made some sort of wave.
He brutally gone right and I think he realized I was way faster and then he brutally gone left angain. Too late, He scared me so I went wide on the exit and I touched the grass. And you know with those bikes, If you put a tenth of an inch of the edge of your tyre on the tip of a blade of grass... A giant hammer come from the sky and flatten you down the heart in a blink of an eye.

GRRRRrrrrrrr

FinPower closes the gap and he was 2 second behind me after the crash. The lap after, the gap was 3 second and the lap after after 4 seconds. I was really confident, Then I had Warlock again in my sight. I don't remember if he fell or if I melt on him but anyway. The same story again. I was closely looking at his butt the whole lap and let him pass in the first corner. Untill he made a little mistake in the penultimate corner. I passed him without any trouble and get back my 3rd place.

I was so happy !! I beat Warlock (personal achievement, long story bro), maybe my first podium. I looked at my fuel and it said 7 liter left. And I was like, what ???? Ho, ok, only 7 laps left. I didn't saw the time passing. I wasn't too much tired, I was riding in a pace of 2.01.xx The guys ahead were too far. The guys behind were too far. Easy podium in sight ! Untill... Someone said something on the chat. I was in turn 2. I don't know why I gave a look for the quarter of a second. I went wide, get the bike up to avoid the crash, but you know. If you put a tenth of an inch of the edge of your tyre on the tip of a blade of grass... A giant hammer come from the sky and flatten you down the heart in a blink of an eye.

Warlock and Fin passed me. I was so frustrated and angry. I lost my focus, I lost the grip on the tyres and fu*k, I felt 3 times in this lap.

I managed to get my focus back and I finished the race, alone, in 6th...

So... To conclude this novel.

Warlock, I knew I could beat you, now I am sure, and I will ! ^^
And please guys, no chat at all during the race (or maybe there is an option to deactivate it from client side when you are in a race ?). And also, when someone use the chat to congratulate the winner, remember that the others guys behind can be in the middle of a corner or in a battle.

Meyer was to fast ! Messy surely was. Nick can have some good days, some bad days. It was a good day for him yesterday. I was in front of him at the beggining of the race. But even If I would not have fallen, I would passed me anyway.
Warlock and Fin, thanks for the battle !! I'm happy to see that we can have battles with people having quite the same pace. And it is always challenging.

Congratulations Meyer, Messy and Napalm burning titties Nick :D

Woa, I wrote that much ?!!

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

Thanks for posting B

I wanted to edit this as it is SO wrong when you look at times and placement

I am busy all day and will get to it as soon as I can guys

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Boerenlater

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 19, 2017, 09:54:58 AM
Thanks for posting B

I wanted to edit this as it is SO wrong when you look at times and placement

I am busy all day and will get to it as soon as I can guys

DD
I know it does not reflect the final race results, was more for the Q and fastest laps ;)
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

2 things (after enjoying reading Tchemis biography lol) :

1. Yes you can turn off chat in the settings if you like.

2. When GPB session timer reaches 0 ( eg in Qually) it means the time is up but people will still be on their fast final lap. The session is not over so chat should wait until eveyone is back in pit or you see session change
Same for race, chat should not start until the message Race OVER is seen (last person finishes).

Can be a twid distracting when the chat screen starts flashing and you are in a battle/ on a fast lap.

I'm Just saying not complaining its all fun. ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Warlock

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 19, 2017, 10:59:35 AM
2. When GPB session timer reaches 0 ( eg in Qually) it means the time is up but people will still be on their fast final lap. The session is not over so chat should wait until eveyone is back in pit or you see session change
Same for race, chat should not start until the message Race OVER is seen (last person finishes).

Can be a twid distracting when the chat screen starts flashing and you are in a battle/ on a fast lap.

True, and i must say our lovely host man -Mister DD- starts it every race  ;D

@Tchemi, indeed was a fun race and battle with you, you were faster than me by almost a second per lap , but i have the experience to know the race is long  ;D , and anything can happen.
I could do reasonably fast laps there (fast for me, aliens are in other galaxy, 2.01.5 my fastest in race), but this track is so unforgiving and made me ride in 2.02, 2.03 and quite a few crashes.

Sorry i scared you in that last corner when i went to the inside, but i made sure let you room to pass me on the outside when i recovered. Thought you were passing me riding over the curb , then heard you crashing just behind , sorry for the scary moment  ;D.
I think you could cut for a second instead of forcing the overtake in a bad situation and use the straight slipstream to overtake comfortably. But i know during race things happen and you make decisions in a split of a second  ;)

Sure you can beat me m8 its just a matter of time, im not fast, im 4 secs behind the aliens  :P

By the way i need a new controller urgently lol, mine has too  much use over years and cant do a steady mid throttle , it rattles like a bitch  ;D, you can even see the rider throttle hand struggling in the livestream , its awful hahahh

Napalm Nick

OmG Warlock! I have heard your revving these last days many times hahahaha i thought you did it on purpose lol!

Dont get a new controller. I won't know it is you for one and for another you will probably beat us all  ;)

Warlock

lol  ;D , man the stick is insanely inacurate  ;D 

Grooveski

Started bad and went downhill from there.   :(
Crashed on the first lap - got up - crashed on the second lap...
...then stuck in two thirds of the race with no problems. 
Was getting near the end and thinking "damn - and now I've got the hang of it"...
...when I crashed again.   ::)

All stupid mistakes that I've done a dozen times each before - should have known better in each case. 

Roll on Jerez.  :)

finpower

Excuse me
But I was bored and looked at the table in the overall evaluation again.
Because I see that I was downgraded in mugello and got only 10 points.
But certainly not true.
Grooveski and boeren were round behind me and have more points than I got.
Wanted to mention it only once.
It should already have its correctness.
And the rest.Sunday is the next race and we have not even jerez settled.

Was just such a wink
See us hopefully in brandhch again.

gruß fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

doubledragoncc

Hi guys

Sorry but cloning my fooked 2TB drive I lost Coreldraw which I use for the graphics and need to get it to update, cant print either so really under major pressure right now

@finpower: Sorry fin but I go by times to complete the race and that is the correct way BUT GPB still has timing errors so it is impossible to get right. I will look into it but please understand I have MUCH to do to prep for Dorna and build systems so really have time issues right now

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.