• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:33:36 AM

General Help...

Started by uberslug, July 02, 2017, 08:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

I have finished the first phase of my controller and am trying to get a handle on how some of the options in GP-Bikes actually work. I tried reading through the documentation but I was not able to locate an explanation of the following.

It seems as though I can never be certain of where the bike is actually headed. Perhaps I am looking too far down the road, but, it doesn't look as though the bike is lined up with where I want it to go. This visual discrepancy makes it really hard to keep from either running off the inside of the turn or running too wide. Where is one supposed to be looking at on the screen?

Also, what does this do? If I set it to 0 percent the bike remains leaned over when the controller is returned to its neutral position and one has push the controller past the neutral position in order to stand the bike up. When set to 100 percent the bike returns to vertical on its own when the controller is returned to its neutral position. The slider doesn't seem linear in that I do not seem to be able to discern a difference in the return to vertical rate between 20 and 100 percent.

h106frp

Corner anticipation/Look to apex make the 1P view follow the best line as far as I can tell - not present on all tracks anyway

You are much better off with a headtracking unit like EDTracker for 1P

Direct lean overides the virtual rider AI and forces the bike to follow the user joystick input directly even if it unbalances the bike - I think DD would agree this is a must at 100% for a bars simulator

uberslug

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated. I will look into the EDTracker.