• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:31 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

TrackEd request

Started by Grooveski, June 13, 2017, 11:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

TrackEd shuts down without saving at the flick of an escape key.
Could you add an 'Are you sure?' dialogue box please?   :)

Most 3d programs use the esc to close windows or finish commands - not shut down everything without saving and leave you staring at the desktop thinking "Oh man - not again!".   ::)

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

The ability to declare and slide the centreline start vector along the spline after its closed would be a great help when creating multiple layouts to keep everything aligned.

Grooveski

A rotation setting for the pitboards would be nice. 

On a lot of tracks the pits are on the inside of the last corner so you tend to be away over the other side of the track going along the start finish straight.  90° isn't always the best angle for viewing the board.
...and light direction plays a part.  Knockhill's grid faces east and the sun position is set to match the shadows on the aerial shots that the landscape is wearing(mid-late morning - about SSE).
So without being able to rotate the board you'll never be able it read it because it'll be in shadow. 

P.S. On the offchance that this is a "Yeah - no problem" addition, the next thing I'd be asking for is a tilt setting to go with it.   ;D

Grooveski

September 27, 2017, 06:22:25 PM #4 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:47:19 PM by Grooveski
If two or more cameras are on top of each other and you right-click the ball to select Edit or Test, it always acts on the first one of the stack - regardless of which camera is selected on the Camera Control window.

Could Edit and Test also be added to the context menu of the Camera Control window - under Locate?

As well as allowing stacked cameras to be worked on it'd also be handy for the final check when you go round making sure there are no gaps between the limits.  Would just be a case of running down the listing right-clicking each to Edit.  At the moment you have to Locate first then move from the listing to the ball.
(which it has to be said - is no big deal really.  Having an Edit in the Control window would just speed it up a little)

Also - could we get a Manual Zoom to go with the Autozoom?
Enable - Start FOV - End FOV.

To give you an idea of why I'm asking for it - I have a single camera position that covers my entire track and would like to make a set where I can seamlessly zoom in and out as the bikes move farther away from and closer to the camera.
...so wanted to stack multiple cameras on the same position - first would be one FOV - second would be the zoom from that to the next FOV, third would then be that FOV...
....and so on.
I had a play with a single camera and Autozoom limits but it's not the same as having real control over the zoom would be.

P.S. Cheers for ditching the Esc key.  Don't need to sit on my left hand anymore.   ;D