• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:21:04 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

HELP: vibration feedback

Started by Become dust, June 04, 2017, 07:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Become dust

OI! how do i program the maxhud vibration function to the angle of the Bike? fx bike lean at 50 degrees my controller will vibrate.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Become dust on June 04, 2017, 07:48:41 PM
OI! how do i program the maxhud vibration function to the angle of the Bike? fx bike lean at 50 degrees my controller will vibrate.
You can't do that in MaxHUD. With MaxHUD, the pad vibrates when the bike chassis vibrates (without going into too many details on how this is done).

Why would one want the vibration to be tied to the lean angle ?

Become dust

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 04, 2017, 08:56:03 PM
You can't do that in MaxHUD. With MaxHUD, the pad vibrates when the bike chassis vibrates (without going into too many details on how this is done).

you know, so i can determan my lean angle with DST :3

HornetMaX

Quote from: Become dust on June 04, 2017, 08:59:23 PM

Because the horizon swinging is not enough ? Short of that, you have a dedicated lean indicator in MaxHUD.
Vibrating to lean angle makes no sense to me, it won't go in MaxHUD, sorry.

Become dust

June 04, 2017, 10:08:16 PM #4 Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 10:12:15 PM by Become dust
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 04, 2017, 09:32:37 PM
Quote from: Become dust on June 04, 2017, 08:59:23 PM

Because the horizon swinging is not enough ? Short of that, you have a dedicated lean indicator in MaxHUD.
Vibrating to lean angle makes no sense to me, it won't go in MaxHUD, sorry.

never said anything about an implementation of such "feature" but might as well end it there then

HornetMaX

Quote from: Become dust on June 04, 2017, 10:08:16 PM
never said anything about an implementation of such "feature" but might as well end it there then
It's that in the past I got a few similar requests (like vibrate when braking, or when rear is slipping, or when front is slipping etc).

Become dust

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 04, 2017, 10:53:18 PM
Quote from: Become dust on June 04, 2017, 10:08:16 PM
It's that in the past I got a few similar requests (like vibrate when braking, or when rear is slipping, or when front is slipping etc).

ah, sorry for stirring the waters <3

i was just wondering how i should do it myself :3

HornetMaX

Quote from: Become dust on June 04, 2017, 11:00:40 PM

No problem.

You need to know a bit of C/C++, a look at PiBoSo output plugin example and a library to handle XInput devices (I use SFML).

Become dust

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 04, 2017, 11:14:48 PM
Quote from: Become dust on June 04, 2017, 11:00:40 PM

No problem.

You need to know a bit of C/C++, a look at PiBoSo output plugin example and a library to handle XInput devices (I use SFML).

Alright i will look into it thanks!!