• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:36:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MASSIVE News is coming Guys!

Started by Sim UK, June 29, 2017, 12:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

June 29, 2017, 10:20:55 PM #15 Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:28:51 PM by Blackheart
@Hawk Yeah... you are right im works for Milestone and I want more money! ::)

@Sim UK if for u the Hawk opinion its a good thing, you know nothing about this community  ;D

Anyway I reply to all your points:

Quote"It's not a 'fake review' to promote GPB, absolutely not!  I would never and have never done that. "

Ok, but criticize a game because it is not simulative... MS never created sims.

I believe there is a real opportunity for GPB in relation to the MotoGP eSports championships IMHO, that was my overriding opinion and reason for posting here.

Now? GP Bikes its a beta, not a full sim ready for
official events, not a single update for months, its impossible join in a champ on this sim, for the bugs (not just the cores but also the jumpstart bug, etc...)

The riders skills here are too different, the difference its huge from a top 10 player and a... "Hawk". In MotoGP also the difference is big but its more easy learn to ride fast.

QuoteNice riding...by you, I saw the AI slam into you a good few times there, more than enough to send you flying in real world terms but yeah sure is fun.  I wasn't saying their lines were strange, I was saying they stick to them regardless of you being there or not. 

Never said that its perfect, its good not perfect, a good rider in MotoGP know as the AI works (and not you arent invisible for the AI) and play with it, any expert riders can go more fast in any tracks, I play with the AI because its fun. (for who want AI more fast need just change some values with the editor).
Its not crazy like in the past, yes is very aggressive, but its cool because it try anywhere.

QuoteWere you riding 3rd or 1st person?  I like the game in 3rd, cannot stand it in 1st, so I am going to guess you were in 3rd.

The feeling with the 1p view in MotoGP is not bad, but with 20 AI riders its better use the 3p view for understand where they are. (I play just with MotoGP and Moto2 the other bikes are shit)

QuoteThe MotoGP bikes, I think I mentioned in the review, are by far the best to ride and I agree this is the best of the MotoGP series to date and can be fun but if you get taken out by a rogue Kamikaze AI rider 1 too many times....I bet your not having as much fun as you seem to be in your video.

There are the rewind if there is big mistake or a little AI bug, just push a button, not one need to play this game as a hardcore gamer. (i have phisics pro e max difficulty but the rewinds are enabled, also if the 99% of the times i dont need them)

Anyway nice see someone with real opinions... and not just thing like this; "I never played it because GP Bikes is better...." ;D

matty0l215

In some aspects, GP Bikes is a far superiour game. In others it is not.

You want a sim, GP Bikes (Reguardless of current state, GPB is a simulator. No rewinds or Somtimes Kamakazi AI, Just racing)

You want an "easier" Bike riding game with offical bikes, Moto GP

"Horses for Corses"

Hopefully in the long term GPB will be the choice for an eSport Championship, but at this stage it's not quite the ticket yet, There is no deniying that.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Sim UK

Quote from: Blackheart on June 29, 2017, 10:20:55 PM

I respect everyone's opinion Blackheart, unless they show disrespect of course.

QuoteOk, but criticize a game because it is not simulative... MS never created sims.
Please explain then why they use terms like;
- Pro Physics
- AI difficulty can be set to Simulation if they are not building (or pretending to build) a simulation?

QuoteNow? GP Bikes its a beta, not a full sim ready for
official events, not a single update for months, its impossible join in a champ on this sim, for the bugs (not just the cores but also the jumpstart bug, etc...)
This year is already wrapped up, but given 12 months of solid dev, yeah for sure GPB could be more than ready IMHO.

QuoteThe riders skills here are too different, the difference its huge from a top 10 player and a... "Hawk". In MotoGP also the difference is big but its more easy learn to ride fast.[/b]
I guess you're just too good, maybe players like you would have a distinct advantage at first, but I bet you if GPB and MotoGP eSports took off your superiority would soon be under jeopardy.  That's just the nature of competition.

QuoteIts not crazy like in the past, yes is very aggressive, but its cool because it try anywhere.
I'm sorry i just don't agree, I don't think the AI is trying anything, it's just going around the track and your either there or your not....at the last corner you just pulled away, you could have at any-point where is the fun in that?

QuoteWere you riding 3rd or 1st person?  I like the game in 3rd, cannot stand it in 1st, so I am going to guess you were in 3rd.
Thought so, just doesn't work in 1st person.  No head-tracking either...limited.

QuoteI play just with MotoGP and Moto2 the other bikes are shit)
I agree

QuoteThere are the rewind if there is big mistake or a little AI bug, just push a button, not one need to play this game as a hardcore gamer. (i have phisics pro e max difficulty but the rewinds are enabled, also if the 99% of the times i dont need them)
Not for me, never have this option on, hardcore ultimate realism, that's just the way I like to roll.  Good or bad makes no diff, I learn something every single time.

QuoteAnyway nice see someone with real opinions... and not just thing like this; "I never played it because GP Bikes is better...." ;D
I'm going to take that as a compliment :-P
Mind the furniture.

Sim UK

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 29, 2017, 10:44:12 PM
In some aspects, GP Bikes is a far superiour game. In others it is not.

You want a sim, GP Bikes (Reguardless of current state, GPB is a simulator. No rewinds or Somtimes Kamakazi AI, Just racing)

You want an "easier" Bike riding game with offical bikes, Moto GP

"Horses for Corses"

Hopefully in the long term GPB will be the choice for an eSport Championship, but at this stage it's not quite the ticket yet, There is no deniying that.

Your completely right Matty.  It would be amazing if GPB could reach full release in next 12 months and take that centre stage...it's what it was built for IMHO.
Mind the furniture.

Aernouts2

Quote from: Sim UK on June 29, 2017, 07:43:09 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on June 29, 2017, 06:15:22 PM
An other thread for MotoGP17 wtf...

Just realised something you said too:  The mod is for your bike not the AI, I do not know of any mods for the AI this mod makes your bike more realistic to ride....you should try it you might like it.

I am trying to edit *player* Physics and the AI.
So i can enjoy some nice offline races... and yes modding the AI gives some very nice results.

Infact as bad as the game is out of the box IMHO.

MotoGP 17 has a lot of params to play with and its also possible to add some extra params to the files.
With the files i tried the params got accepted... good for modding.

CapeDoctor

i'm hoping the news has something to do with decent bike controllers....  :D

Sim UK

Quote from: Aernouts2 on June 30, 2017, 07:11:56 AM
Quote from: Sim UK on June 29, 2017, 07:43:09 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on June 29, 2017, 06:15:22 PM
An other thread for MotoGP17 wtf...

Just realised something you said too:  The mod is for your bike not the AI, I do not know of any mods for the AI this mod makes your bike more realistic to ride....you should try it you might like it.

I am trying to edit *player* Physics and the AI.
So i can enjoy some nice offline races... and yes modding the AI gives some very nice results.

Infact as bad as the game is out of the box IMHO.

MotoGP 17 has a lot of params to play with and its also possible to add some extra params to the files.
With the files i tried the params got accepted... good for modding.

I look forward to testing that out :-)
Mind the furniture.

Sim UK

Quote from: CapeDoctor on June 30, 2017, 10:28:47 AM
i'm hoping the news has something to do with decent bike controllers....  :D

Lets see :-)
Mind the furniture.

-aGy-

[/quote]

Your completely right Matty.  It would be amazing if GPB could reach full release in next 12 months and take that centre stage...it's what it was built for IMHO.
[/quote]

yeah right and i become a millionare

Warlock

Quote from: -aGy- on July 01, 2017, 04:36:34 AM
yeah right and i become a millionare

lol , yeah. Been too long here to know that wouldn't happen.

doubledragoncc

If Piboso got a big sponsor suddenly throw him a big bone it might happen

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Sim UK

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 02, 2017, 07:10:52 AM
If Piboso got a big sponsor suddenly throw him a big bone it might happen

That would be fantastic if that happened DD
Mind the furniture.

TimboC137

Quote from: Sim UK on June 29, 2017, 08:47:43 PM
the news is potentially very good indeed and certainly has a lot more to do with GPB and not a lot to do with MS or MotoGP 17.....but I can say no more at this point :-)

hmmm, interesting hint. i'm very curious now. my guess(and wish) would be a GPB and IoM TT merger  :)

doubledragoncc

Full details will be posted this weekend as I just got the confirmation email from Dorna............................. ;D

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

CapeDoctor