• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:37:46 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MASSIVE News is coming Guys!

Started by Sim UK, June 29, 2017, 12:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KG_03

Honestly I don't see the top MotoGP players wanting to spend hours on learning the bike handling. The top PC players I know are third person perspective players using different assists and most of them don't like the idea of making Milestone games more realistic. But maybe the more realistic software will open a door for the riders that play onboard with all assists off....who knows.

Hawk

I think it all depends on where the big prize money ends up.... Unfortunately money talks and money rules this world, and where the money goes the big sponsors and subsequently the big crowds will follow. But if they go down the arcade Milestone route then like other attempts to bring gaming to the viewing masses it will soon get boring and fail big time, same as other easy route attempts have done so in the past.

What they really need is a serious simulation and not a simple arcade foundation to work from, that way it gains respect from the viewing audiences rather than the audiences knowing that any monkey could buy that game and compete in these events with no prestige or talent needed at all.
But as it's been suggested, making a fast buck is what it all seems to be about these days no matter if they ruin what could be a beautiful new genre in virtual sports by doing so...... This is what I have been saying about Dorna making sure they do it right and not take the easy route which will lead to disaster for motorcycle racing esport events becoming a big hit with the public.

Just the same as not everyone is suited, capable or has the talent for riding in real MotoGP's, then it should be the same for esports too, that the simulation software soon sorts the talented competitors out from the wishfull thinkers with no talent; Milestone games do not do that.... anyone can ride fast in Milestones MotoGP games.  :P

Dorna need to take this seriously if they want it to succeed, and I fear they are not doing so, or at the very least don't know what is possible or available and are relying on the likes of Milestone to lead their judgments and influence their decision making? That's a BIG mistake on Dorna's part! >:(

But yeah.... Realistic simulation should be esports foundation, full stop; any other option will just die a quick and boring death before it's had chance to really get itself established.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on September 01, 2017, 01:19:48 PM
Dorna need to take this seriously if they want it to succeed, and I fear they are not doing so, or at the very least don't know what is possible or available and are relying on the likes of Milestone to lead their judgments and influence their decision making? That's a BIG mistake on Dorna's part! >:(

eSport is not Dorna core business.
This is why I think that they will do it only as long as they don't have to invest any money on it, and without diverting any of the scarce sponsors' income from MotoGP to eSport.
The only real option for GPB to replace Milestone would be to already have all the backing and infrastructure. Good luck with that... And how would it be financially sustainable?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

doubledragoncc

Well as long as none of the other guys spill some beans you may be in for a bit of a surprize as to what Dorna wants!!!

Watch the stream and all will be told

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 01, 2017, 01:33:32 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 01, 2017, 01:19:48 PM

eSport is not Dorna core business.
This is why I think that they will do it only as long as they don't have to invest any money on it, and without diverting any of the scarce sponsors' income from MotoGP to eSport.
The only real option for GPB to replace Milestone would be to already have all the backing and infrastructure. Good luck with that... And how would it be financially sustainable?

Granted, esport is not a Dorna core business, but they need to be there to help heavily promote it and give it credibility; that shouldn't cost them much money, just a sincere will to want it all to happen and be successful long term.

How would it be financially sustainable? Just the same as any motorsport is kept financially sustainable, through corporate sponsorship; and that will only happen when enough people become interested enough to want to follow and watch esport, and the best way to do that is with a relatively long term approach starting from the grass roots upwards from the dedicated enthusiasts who organise and promote events freely in their own time like Peter, Nick and now DD is doing. But we need the software to help promote(via live-stream) the job we want to do.... Thanks to you Piboso we already have the bike physics we need for the realism, but we still need to be able to operate the live replay system better for live-replay-streaming functionality and ideally a better graphics capability married to better export tool functionality so modders can design and create content the same as they would for the professional entertainment industries, which means stop pampering to the amateur content creators who cannot use professional software packages and/or industry standard file transfer formats on exports. If you want professional standard content then you've got to aim your modding tools at professional standard content creators.
Sorry... Getting a little off track here. Lol. But in a way it does all contributes to an end result that we'd like to see happen for GPBikes.  :)

But yeah, an audience build-up from grass-roots level until it's becomes ever increasingly popular and all the pits-and-falls have been ironed out by listening to what the audiences want for the viewing format. Then it would be viable to start talking to relevant companies that would be interested in sponsored events and grow it into something bigger and better from there... "Onwards and upwards", as they say!  ;D

But trying to do it like I see Dorna and Milestone doing it is very likely to end in failure because it's like jumping into a deep ocean when you can't even swim and your relying on some jumped up pillocks with big egos who think they know what they are doing.... Well let's see what happens.  :)

Aernouts2

Ok pff....... i never thought i was gonna join this conversation.

1st
i dod not download the vids from Mega never seen anything... so i am spilling something which might have nothing to do with this.

Motogp 17 from milestone out of the box (which is been critisized over here) is 100 % kids game.
But if I am able with my poor computer/poor spare time... poor everything, to mod this game into another version.
Dont you think MILESTONE employers are not able to do what i am able to do.....  i don't think so.

It is what MILESTONE/DORNA (or whatever all the names are) wants to sell.
Which seems to be MotoGP 17 out of the box (which is euhmm....  :-\ not very good).

Strange thing is MotoGP 17 has lots of parameters inside (even more then older games) to be able for creating more (even decent) realism (IMO) but they never used it.  :-\

Another thing GPB does not have AI  :-\ .... euhemm i stop here.

tchemi

I'm not sure about about the DORNA/MILESTONE cooperation. In my head, MILESTONE just bought a licence that says, you have right to use real names and brands in your products and you are the only ones.
I don't think that gives DORNA or whoever, any right to ask for milestone to change their products.

Anyway, I wanted to ask a question / point something.

I don't remember having seen or red anything from PiBoSo that could lead us to think that he really wants GPB to be what WE want it to be.
We all dream about GPB being the #1 motorcycle software, the #1 esport thing with a good media coverage, live streams, worldwide championships, lot of money and low vertue naked girls crawling at our feet (ok, maybe this last one is a personal dream)

But, Does PiBoSo really want it ? I have the feeling that he is happy with what GPB is now, maybe proud of what he made so far - and he can - and that's all...

Look at Daily dev, He spent month working on KRP, he just released beta12, DD, Mike and Matt were at silverstone, they are new bugs coming with the last update, we have a lot of wishes and suggestion etc...
He spent 3 days working on : "MXB: work on the physics"

I think he is just a geekpassionate perfectionist that wants to polish his products steps by steps. I don't think putting GPB in the spotlights of eSport or whatever is his goal.

@PiBoSo, Tell me if I'm wrong...

Hawk

@Tchemi: Good points there mate....... But I would add that if only Piboso would give us what we need then we could do the rest; if Piboso has no aspirations for his part in GPB to become what we all hope it will do(eventually) then Piboso can sit back and watch us dance with a fully developed GPBikes instead and just reap the increased income from GPBike sales that would come at that stage.  :)

Warlock

Tchemi
You maybe right but , but im sure he want to pay his bills with it, and a buggy product wont do it.

About daily development , most times i dont understand Pibosos list of priorities, but hey! its his baby

PiBoSo

Quote from: tchemi on September 01, 2017, 06:29:29 PM
Look at Daily dev, He spent month working on KRP, he just released beta12, DD, Mike and Matt were at silverstone, they are new bugs coming with the last update, we have a lot of wishes and suggestion etc...

What's wrong with that?  :-\
What would you like to see instead?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

guigui404

I'm not sure about about the DORNA/MILESTONE cooperation. In my head, MILESTONE just bought a licence that says, you have right to use real names and brands in your products and you are the only ones.
I don't think that gives DORNA or whoever, any right to ask for milestone to change their products.

Anyway, I wanted to ask a question / point something.

I don't remember having seen or red anything from PiBoSo that could lead us to think that he really wants GPB to be what WE want it to be.
We all dream about GPB being the #1 motorcycle software, the #1 esport thing with a good media coverage, live streams, worldwide championships, lot of money and low vertue naked girls crawling at our feet (ok, maybe this last one is a personal dream)

But, Does PiBoSo really want it ? I have the feeling that he is happy with what GPB is now, maybe proud of what he made so far - and he can - and that's all...

I think he is just a geekpassionate perfectionist that wants to polish his products steps by steps. I don't think putting GPB in the spotlights of eSport or whatever is his goal.

@PiBoSo, Tell me if I'm wrong...
Could be a possibility , like notch with Minecraft , who was sad with a big community and impossibility to satisfate everyone

grimm

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 01, 2017, 10:24:42 PM

I personally remember that work on one sim provides for all titles. There is nothing wrong with working on MXB physics. That particular title could really reward the dev team in the long run if it rounds out to what it looks like it'll end up as. What is good for KRP, WRS, and GPB, is for sure, good for MXB, and you can put any of those into any order in how that is said and it makes sense. Any good for any title, is good for all of them. ;)

doubledragoncc

Very true Grimm

Shame that it is not been made that all could be combined into one sim covering all and being able to use a combination of MXB n GPB or GPB n WRS if you know what I mean BUT it is because the physics in each is different we cant.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

tchemi

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 01, 2017, 10:24:42 PM

Nothing wrong with me @PiBoSo. I'm just pointing out that we all want you to commit more or less exclusively on GPB because we love that sim and we think it has a huge potential. Most of us think that the dev of GPB could go faster and be on the top of the priority list. But, you are still the boss and you decide wether or not you will spend time on this or that soft.

I'm just saying to the crowd, keep calm. We cannot chose for you, we cannot dev for you. And I think that you don't really want GPB to be pushed under the spotlights, or at least, not as much as us. Guigui is right I think with the Notch comparaison.

Quote from: guigui404 on September 01, 2017, 10:26:57 PM
Could be a possibility , like notch with Minecraft , who was sad with a big community and impossibility to satisfate everyone

Maybe one day, you could tell us what is really your goal, where do you see your softs in the future, what do you want for PiBoSo titles. It could help us to not jump in the hype train every time we see something that has potential for GPB.