• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

MASSIVE News is coming Guys!

Started by Sim UK, June 29, 2017, 12:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

September 02, 2017, 07:09:54 PM #165 Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 07:19:43 PM by Napalm Nick
DD IS LIVE ON HIS STREAM NOW AND REQUESTS YOUR COMPANY PLEASE  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdicN7_NTmE
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

September 02, 2017, 08:18:54 PM #167 Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:27:57 PM by doubledragoncc
I decided not to show pics or videos for now to keep all safe. I will ask permission from Dorna to do so and hope to post later next week.

For now I just made a video with all info and answered a few questions.
https://www.youtube.com/v/YCg1sSlQOso&feature=youtu.be

I hope this answers your questions. If you want to do a QnA at anytime let me know.

DD

I buggered up. Asked if music could be heard and turned it right down but still got hit by YT for copyright so will sort it out
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Thanks for the effort dd (and anybody who contributed).

I'm still not optimistic (to put it mildly) about the chances of GPB of becoming the product they pick, but who knows ...

One thing that was probably worth explaining to the Dorna people (and went untold, unless I'm missing something) it's why GPB is better than others, why it is technically superior as a simulator.
I guess a few Dorna people can get pretty technical and could have enjoyed the degree of attention PiBoSo has put into correct simulation of bike physics.
Things like multi-body simulation based on state-of-the-art bike model representation, tyre model, aerodynamics effects ...

I mean, these are the things Milestone may have trouble to cope with (I say may as once PiBoSo said that one of the Milestone's dev guys is, in his opinion, more than capable to bang out a proper bike physics, if requested to do so). Allowing to use configurable input devices is something Milestone can do in no time flat (if requested to do so).

P.S.
Tiny business advice: never (never) say something "I wouldn't let motogp rider XXXX to sit on my system" (no matter how deeply you do think that). This is the kind of thing that puts you out of play in no time.

PiBoSo

DD already looks like a Coen Brothers' character. The pass story was just perfect.
LOL.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

KG_03

September 02, 2017, 10:52:35 PM #170 Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:57:59 PM by KG13
Milestone has moved to Unreal Engine. Even with the resources they have they didn't manage to make a good game (MXGP3) that still lacks a lot of potential. Even if Unreal Engine is not a good material to make a realistic game (from what I was reading in the internet). I have seen an interview with Michaele Caletti a dev from Milestone who is lead developer of Milestone new game Gravel. He said that they are learning the Unreal Engine and will implement other things in future... BUT! Look at the history of MotoGP games, they don't feel any pressure as Milestone is monopolist on the motorcycle market. Even BigBen Interactive won't be a threat with their IoM TT game. A friend of mine who has modded the code of Milestone games told me that there is a big mess in the game code. It only shows the attitiude of Milestone to their products. Copy and paste and dont test b4 the release. Thats why I have asked DD if Dorna treat software seriously and do they know the problems with MotoGP games. I say they are not good for serious racing because of the bugs, glitches and unstable multiplayer.  They just can't do things properly and here is the door wide open for GP Bikes. I really don't belive that Milestone will make anything good.
SO... there is a potential for GP Bikes as this game is developed without any time pressure or stupid deadlines. Milestone is a company: "release, sell and dont care". I think that in current form the esport championship is without any sense bcs time trial in arcade game that is as buggy as this one is stupid. There is no opponent pressure where you can make mistake or collisions or even if there are few bugs in the Milestone games that if U know them U can make insane times.
I keep fingers crossed for GP-Bikes which gives me that little feeling of motorcycle riding when the weather is bad and I can't ride in real life.

doubledragoncc

@Max

I did talk about GPB having being physics based, a real bike simulator in all the aspects it has including tyre deformation and dynamic track etc etc I just did not list it all in the video which I should have.

This is still a WIP for try and sell them on GPB and I will NOT give up, I am a determined lil shit when it comes to getting my way lol.

This is just the begining guys and a good one.

Coen Brothers??? Piboso I hope thats a good thing lol

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Thank you for your efforts to promote GP Bikes.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

doubledragoncc

It is a pleasure to try Mr P

I know how hard it is even if you have the best product out there it is the marketing and funds that you need to make it work that hold you back.

YOU have given us a brilliant product and made it possible to build such a community, the least we can do is support you.

I am only just starting this endevour and will do my utmost to get both my systems and GPB to the world as best as I can.

My family moto is "To Try is Enough" so I will just keep trying lol

Thank you for the recognition of the communities efforts.

DD

Boerenlater

Since you got a pass for a couple of hours, does that mean after the demo they removed you from the site? You were not allowed to watch any of the racing?  :-\
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

We had Paddock passes for the whole weekend and then they gave us complimentry grandstand tickets for any grandstand friday and saturday and seats for Beckets on sunday.  ;D

DD

Sim UK

Hey all,

I missed the stream but thanks DD nice fill-in for everyone.

I spoke in private with Jorge too and I must say he seemed very keen to `improve`Milestone and was keen to hear suggestions and recommendations to give to Milestone (who are brilliant at making games look pretty, just need some realistic physics).

Overall it was a very positive weekend, and now I am in talks with Yamaha UK so continue to watch this space :-)

Thanks for your unbelievable support guys.

Mike
Mind the furniture.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Sim UK on September 04, 2017, 10:34:39 PM

I spoke in private with Jorge too and I must say he seemed very keen to `improve`Milestone and was keen to hear suggestions and recommendations to give to Milestone (who are brilliant at making games look pretty, just need some realistic physics).

Overall it was a very positive weekend, and now I am in talks with Yamaha UK so continue to watch this space :-)

Wow, just wow... So good to hear that you guys have a fairely good amount of attention from the companies :) Keep it going guys, I am so happy for you :D
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />