• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:46:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Ulster GP Needs More Cameras...

Started by uberslug, July 12, 2017, 12:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

I would like to add more cameras to the Ulster GP Course. Can someone point me in the direction of instructions appropriate for my lack of any reasonable level of knowledge on what I want to accomplish?

Also, how does one put stickier tires on the CBR Cup CBR600RR?

janaucarre

Hi,
You can go to 'track' , how to do camera to learn how to make what you want.
For special camera look how it is made at the curve 6  at jerez.

CapeDoctor

to try and answer your tire question - i've not used it yet myself, but i'm guessing you would use the MaxTyre plugin:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1920.0
:)

Napalm Nick

July 12, 2017, 10:38:12 AM #3 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:39:01 AM by Napalm Nick
A quick and easy fix would be to open the tyre file and increase the grip factors.

2 things to consider though:

1. You wont be able to use the bike online.

2. You have turned GPBikes into an arcade game.

If you can live with this, go for it  :D ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

uberslug

I am not looking to epoxy the tires to the tarmac. I just think the Racetec RR3 and Diablo SuperCorsa 3 don't provide as much grip as, say, the Dunlop Moto 2 Hard. I can ride the Kalex Moto 2 bike around Ulster but I prefer the sound of the CBR. Since I have an unlimited budget I thought it would be fun to have some 'real' tires on the CBR.

uberslug

Quote from: janaucarre on July 12, 2017, 06:59:44 AM
Hi,
You can go to 'track' , how to do camera to learn how to make what you want.
For special camera look how it is made at the curve 6  at jerez.

So I went back to the tutorial and got the same results which makes me ask the same question again. Here is a screen shot of what I see when I am trying to add a camera.

Either I am doing something really wrong [the instructions make it seem like I should see something other than a gray screen] or there is some kind of issue with the track or the editing tool.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Napalm Nick

Assuming you have loaded the track TRP and waited for it to process long enough....Try making the greybox active by clicking in it. Then zoom out with the middle mouse button. Often the track starts zoomed right in to an ant on the tarmac.

If this is not the cure hit the spacebar which will bring the position to the centreline startpoint. You may have to hit the spacebar again after to correct the travel rotation.

If this is not the cure load another track to test and let me know I will try it to see what is going on.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

uberslug

So, I tried hitting the space bar and it made no difference.

I can see the Ulster GP Course in Plan View but I just get the previously posted gray screen when I open the Camera Settings Dialog Box.

I tried loading Brno and got as far as this image, however, nothing happened after I placed the globe [I waited for 30 minutes for something to happen].

My computer specs are:

Core i7-6700K @ 4.0 Ghz
16GB Ram
AMD FirePro W7000 Display Adapter [computer is primarily used for 3D MCAD]
24" 1440p Display
Windows 10 Professional 64Bit

h106frp

Napalm Nick

I just tried it and all is working OK.

Run Tracked
Open Track TRP
Zoom out to see whole track to check.
View Camera control
Load track TSC
Make grey window active and press SPACE to go to centreline start
Laugh at the big bearded men
Right click and edit Camera Set
Place cameras as required
Save regularly.

If that isn't working get yourself a fresh TrackED download and try again.  :-\

uberslug

Quote from: h106frp on July 14, 2017, 09:36:00 AM
Have you watched through the tutorial ?

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=575.0

Yes, six times now...

It's not that I don't understand the process. After the placement of an 'orb' the program stops working. There is no activity on the Process Monitor and the image does not respond to any mouse input.

uberslug

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 14, 2017, 02:00:48 PM
I just tried it and all is working OK.

Run Tracked
Open Track TRP
Zoom out to see whole track to check.
View Camera control
Load track TSC
Make grey window active and press SPACE to go to centreline start
Laugh at the big bearded men
Right click and edit Camera Set
Place cameras as required
Save regularly.

If that isn't working get yourself a fresh TrackED download and try again.  :-\

I will try downloading a 'fresh' TrackED, but, the one I am attempting to use was only downloaded last week.

Napalm Nick

Sounds odd then.  After you place the camera you should be able to move it around with the key combinations together with the mouse.

Is it completely unresponsive? I mean, does it not allow you to choose different cameras, close it etc (IE crashed)?

uberslug

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 14, 2017, 10:05:57 PM
Sounds odd then.  After you place the camera you should be able to move it around with the key combinations together with the mouse.

Is it completely unresponsive? I mean, does it not allow you to choose different cameras, close it etc (IE crashed)?

It just stops. I tried loading a couple of other tracks and it seems to work just like the instructional video [Laguna Seca, Imola]. For whatever reason Brno won't do anything once an 'orb' is placed and Ulster just goes gray when the Camera dialog is opened. I will try the offending tracks on both my laptop and my other [more conventional GTX960 Display Adapter] desktop sometime tomorrow.

Napalm Nick

Also try applying the LAA tool to your TrackED. Worth a shot.