• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Help me please before I lose my marbles!!!

Started by Joeski, August 05, 2017, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchemi

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 08, 2017, 12:14:22 PM
Anyway, the pain you have after a 40min race is surely due to your own tension/stress: I recall exactly the same for my first few races.

I only have pain in the left hand and the left corners are the worse. It's is mainly due to the fact that the pad get a little bit sliperry and I can't grab it in full hand. It puts a lot of tension in the thumb and the 2 last fingers... Anyway...

Quote from: Blackheart on August 08, 2017, 01:15:47 PM
Here 2 my controller, the only mod are the green thumb grip ( help a lot with the bike lean)

Where do you buy it ?

Blackheart

Quote from: tchemi on August 09, 2017, 12:00:48 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on August 08, 2017, 01:15:47 PM
Here 2 my controller, the only mod are the green thumb grip ( help a lot with the bike lean)

Where do you buy it ?

I think Aliexpress (a China e-market) but im not sure, I had bought them a 1  year ago.

h106frp

You can get them on ebay as well (ps 2 thumb grips) , you get a pack with 2 each of 2 different heights

Joeski

Do you think the GPX is worth forking out for then rather than a One pad?
I like the look of those thumb grips, i do feel like a lot of my issues are due to lack of control on the pad - its not easy to remain consistent when your thumb keeps slipping off the thumbstick because all the rubber's perrished  ;D
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

h106frp

The tall pad has been on my GPX direction stick for months - seems better with the little bit of extra lean resolution it provides -  only cost pennies for the set anyway.

Joeski

ok so i've had a bit of a breakthrough....although some may call it a defeat  :o

I tried out the new Catalunya classic track by CAWS team and instantly felt more at home and confident with the bike...but still found it hard to get the bike moving to the line I wanted it to whilst still having stupid crashes as a result of being in the wrong place on track.

Solution - 3rd person view!

I'm no mathmetician, but i'd say it's around 1 million % easier than the onboard cameras. I know, I know, it's the easy way out, but after playing for so many months and not getting anywhere, straight away i'm lapping catalunya consistently around the 1.55's...and only crashing when I'm pushing on a bit, rather than wobbling onto the grass at 10mph like before.

I love this sim again  8)

Warlock

Have you tried this view?

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4649.0

For me, onboard view is the only way to go and this one helped me a lot

TimboC137

I would like to try that view. Are you referring to changing the profile.ini to
[view]
mode = 1
?

HornetMaX

Quote from: TimboC137 on August 13, 2017, 04:06:53 PM
I would like to try that view. Are you referring to changing the profile.ini to
[view]
mode = 1
?
Yes.

tchemi

This mode changes everything in the confort and the natural feeling. Also, If you have a trackir or a head tracker, Once you have good feelings with the 1st Person view, you can't go back to 3rd P

Joeski

wow...what a difference a view makes!

Just done one cheeky lap with the new onboard view and it seems instantly much better. I think with the standard helmet cam, it's easy to lose confidence with all of the wobbles and shakes you get from the bike whereas this view removes a lot of that, which for a novice is great  8)

I can stop "cheating" with 3rd person view now, thanks!

Hawk

Quote from: Joeski on August 14, 2017, 10:29:46 AM

Just done one cheeky lap with the new onboard view and it seems instantly much better. I think with the standard helmet cam, it's easy to lose confidence with all of the wobbles and shakes you get from the bike whereas this view removes a lot of that, which for a novice is great  8)

Sounds great mate.... Might even try it myself!  ;D

Just to say that when you see the likes of riders like Warlock racing around and seeing how fast and well they race, it just goes to show that even though riding in first person takes a lot of practice to get used to using at first, it certainly does pay dividends in the end and is a credit to those riders dedication in showing that it is possible to compete in races against 3rd person view riders.  Credit were it's due to these riders for sure!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Joeski

Quote from: Hawk on August 14, 2017, 01:36:53 PM
Quote from: Joeski on August 14, 2017, 10:29:46 AM

Just to say that when you see the likes of riders like Warlock racing around and seeing how fast and well they race, it just goes to show that even though riding in first person takes a lot of practice to get used to using at first, it certainly does pay dividends in the end and is a credit to those riders dedication in showing that it is possible to compete in races against 3rd person view riders.  Credit were it's due to these riders for sure!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Fair play, I imagine a race is insane in 1st person view  ;D

Totally agree with you mate, the feeling you get with GPB with riding 1st person is just immense - the sounds, the distance to the tarmac, the bumps etc really add to an amazing experience. But after 6 months of getting nowhere I instantly felt more comfortable and confident with 3rd person....but I also felt dirty lol.

Looking forward to spending some more time with this improved view though, even after just one lap I found I could put the bike on the line I wanted it, rather than just pot luck!

Will be upgrading to the One pad this week as well so hoping for some more improvements.

Thanks guys,

Warlock

Quote from: Hawk on August 14, 2017, 01:36:53 PM

Hawk.

Thank you very much m8, appreciate it.

I wish many others take the realistic side of the sim, not only the realistic but the way it makes it a sim instead of a game and the way you really feel like riding a bike, total fun. I do understand is very difficult to switch from 3rd P to onboard once you got used to 3rd. But i took the decision many many years ago when i bought Microprose GP500 in.... 1998? (wow thats a long time ago lol), never looked back.

So i look forward to others taking the same decision from start , will be much easier this way.
I also wish Piboso to set this mode1 helmet view as the default one in GPB. Cos i think is the right one, and may get more people involved in hardcore mode.

Go for it Joeski !  :)

Grooveski

August 22, 2017, 11:50:44 AM #29 Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:52:40 AM by Grooveski
Quote from: Warlock on August 14, 2017, 04:44:07 PMI do understand is very difficult to switch from 3rd P to onboard...

It's not that hard - you just press V.   :P

Was just wondering - do you miss the tyre squeal sound that GP500 had?
I know it was bogus and bike tyres don't squeal but I have a real hard time knowing what's going on at the back end without it.
Wasn't a problem last time we all played 1p because the little MV doesn't spin up - is a problem(for me anyway) on bigger/peakier bikes.

I mind trying 1p on day one with GPB.  The upcoming race was 500s at the A1Ring and it was Beta7(with the non-stop headshakes).
Let's just say it wasn't pretty.  ;D

Mode 1 activated.  Thanks for brining it back up again - I'd forgotton about it.    :)