• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:00:32 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Help me please before I lose my marbles!!!

Started by Joeski, August 05, 2017, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Grooveski on August 22, 2017, 11:50:44 AM
Quote from: Warlock on August 14, 2017, 04:44:07 PMI do understand is very difficult to switch from 3rd P to onboard...

It's not that hard - you just press V.   :P

ROFL ! :)

Warlock

Quote from: Warlock on August 14, 2017, 04:44:07 PMI do understand is very difficult to switch from 3rd P to onboard...

It's not that hard - you just press V.   :P

Hahahahah indeed is very easy ;D

Was just wondering - do you miss the tyre squeal sound that GP500 had?
I know it was bogus and bike tyres don't squeal but I have a real hard time knowing what's going on at the back end without it.
Not really m8, i dont like those kind of fixed sounds, also dont like the actual rear brake sound.
You get used to more of a visual feedback (that feeling of ."mmm something is not going as spected" lol) that in my mind somehow translates to a physical feedback. Difficult to explain, must be memories of my real riding days that come back when im playing GPB. With some bikes and certain tracks combo is just amazing how much 'feeling' you can get from a visual thing.

I mind trying 1p on day one with GPB.  The upcoming race was 500s at the A1Ring and it was Beta7(with the non-stop headshakes).
Let's just say it wasn't pretty.  ;D

hahahah very true

Mode 1 activated.  Thanks for brining it back up again - I'd forgotton about it.    :)
Yeah thankfully we have that option, i struggled a lot  with the default helmet view when bikes started to move quite a bit in older betas.
I became a better rider again after this mode was enabled. Thanks for that Piboso, i asked for something like this quite a lot.

Anyway other riders are way faster then me in onboard view, Kerazo just to name one of them

Grooveski

August 23, 2017, 12:51:09 PM #32 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:52:48 PM by Grooveski
Quote from: Warlock on August 22, 2017, 05:45:11 PM
You get used to more of a visual feedback (that feeling of ."mmm something is not going as spected" lol) that in my mind somehow translates to a physical feedback. Difficult to explain, must be memories of my real riding days that come back when im playing GPB. With some bikes and certain tracks combo is just amazing how much 'feeling' you can get from a visual thing.

When you're really riding you can feel what's going on.  I know what you mean about visual indicators but all too often the first I know of the back tyre breaking free is when it appears on the screen in front of me.    :-[

Does GPB have force-feedback?
For that I mean - traction loss?
I tore out the little motors from my pad years ago(some rally game was making my fingers numb and it made it lighter for one-handed use on bike games) but was toying with replacing it anyway for something with two analog triggers per side instead of just the one.

tchemi

If you find a good controller with 2 triggers per side or, the ability to use shoulders buttons and triggers at the same time, Let me know please ! I'm searching for the gem for months and months

What I mean by shoulder button and trigger at the same time ? On a Xbox or PS controller, most of you guys use your middle finger for the triggers and indexes for the shoulder button. That means taht, as your thumbs are busy operating the joysticks and other buttons, you only hold the pad between your palm and your two last fingers (the weakier of the hand).

Personnaly, I can't ride like this more than 1 minute. I need a good grab !

Maybe something like that

But I wont buy a pad this price without testing it before.

Vini

oohhhh, a controller with two additional triggers for rear brake and clutch.
i might have to give that one a try.

Grooveski

August 23, 2017, 03:30:25 PM #35 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:36:02 PM by Grooveski
Mmmm.... I quite like the look of that too. 

I only hold the controller in one hand and at race starts there's a lot going on - left trigger and shoulder button( clutch and back brake) and the rider leaning forward too(thumbstick).  I've had the damn thing pop out my sweaty hand before while waiting on the lights   ::) (one of my more deserved jumpstarts  ;D ).
Holding down an imaginary trigger on the back there does feel more relaxed.   

Blackheart

Quote from: tchemi on August 23, 2017, 03:09:08 PM
On a Xbox or PS controller, most of you guys use your middle finger for the triggers and indexes for the shoulder button.

I do not use middle fingers for triggers, but the index. (GPX)

HornetMaX

If you find a good controller with 2 triggers per side or, the ability to use shoulders buttons and triggers at the same time, Let me know please ! I'm searching for the gem for months and months

What I mean by shoulder button and trigger at the same time ? On a Xbox or PS controller, most of you guys use your middle finger for the triggers and indexes for the shoulder button. That means taht, as your thumbs are busy operating the joysticks and other buttons, you only hold the pad between your palm and your two last fingers (the weakier of the hand).

You're holding it too tight. Relaxation is the secret of high performance :)

HornetMaX

August 23, 2017, 03:44:43 PM #38 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:49:58 PM by HornetMaX
Quote from: vini97 on August 23, 2017, 03:26:52 PM
oohhhh, a controller with two additional triggers for rear brake and clutch.
i might have to give that one a try.
I think that the thingies on the back are not triggers but just buttons (and are actually linked to the usual buttons, they are not additional buttons).

[EDIT: but I'm not 100% sure]

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 23, 2017, 03:38:41 PM

You're holding it too tight. Relaxation is the secret of high performance :)

I feel the same Max, its just uncomfortable to me. I would like to use my indexes on de the lower shoulder buttons or triggers and the middle finger at the botton of the controller like the pic.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on August 23, 2017, 03:52:44 PM
I feel the same Max, its just uncomfortable to me. I would like to use my indexes on de the lower shoulder buttons or triggers and the middle finger at the botton of the controller like the pic.
If you just need buttons (and not triggers) on the back of the pad, then the wildcat (or the microsoft elite) will do.
I think there are even some DIY solutions to "move" some buttons on the back.

Personally I have no big problem with comfort but I do think I am more precise with the indexes on the triggers than with the middle fingers.

tchemi

August 23, 2017, 04:39:57 PM #41 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:41:46 PM by tchemi
Quote from: Blackheart on August 23, 2017, 03:33:08 PM
On a Xbox or PS controller, most of you guys use your middle finger for the triggers and indexes for the shoulder button.
I do not use middle fingers for triggers, but the index. (GPX)
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 23, 2017, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: Warlock on August 23, 2017, 03:52:44 PM
If you just need buttons (and not triggers) on the back of the pad, then the wildcat (or the microsoft elite) will do.
I think there are even some DIY solutions to "move" some buttons on the back.
Personally I have no big problem with comfort but I do think I am more precise with the indexes on the triggers than with the middle fingers.

Haaa, So I'm not alone.
That means that you cannot manually downshift. The only way to manually downshift (considering you have one regular pad and not a hotas thing) is to use indexes AND midle fingers.
Personnaly I mapped rear break and clutch on the right joystick and shift up and down on A and X buttons. I cannot clutch and change gear.

Yes, buttons could be enough, no need for extra triggers on the back.

Ho, I may be mixing two subjects... You now, the debate with auto clutch etc...

Blackheart

Quote from: tchemi on August 23, 2017, 04:39:57 PM
That means that you cannot manually downshift. The only way to manually downshift (considering you have one regular pad and not a hotas thing) is to use indexes AND midle fingers.

What?  :o

... Downshift is on a X or A button, for any fast rider that I know, in my case its A.

HornetMaX

Quote from: tchemi on August 23, 2017, 04:39:57 PM
Haaa, So I'm not alone.
I can. I use middle fingers on triggers and indexes on shoulder buttons for up/downshift.
I don't use the ABXY buttons for key functions (only for bike reset, low speed etc).

Grooveski

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 23, 2017, 03:44:43 PM
I think that the thingies on the back are not triggers but just buttons (and are actually linked to the usual buttons, they are not additional buttons).

[EDIT: but I'm not 100% sure]

Yeah, I think you're right.  :(  Came across a review that said "You can reassign any digital button or trigger to the M buttons".

Gotta admit I'm a bit peeved - had pretty much sold myself on it.
...especially as I'd have had a whole right-hand-side worth of analog gubbins that I could have happily swapped it too.
....but no - analog back brake is the point of the excercise. 

Has got me eyeing up my current xpad though.
I have an analog trigger on the right that I never use, a big space where the rumble motor used to be, plenty of epoxy and no regard for asthetics.
:D