• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:23:01 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Help me please before I lose my marbles!!!

Started by Joeski, August 05, 2017, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

I double checked, they are buttons, not analog axes like the triggers (despite the fact they look like triggers).
So it still has some interest, but much less than if they were actual triggers.

Vini

ah damn

maybe one could modify them to be analog.

tchemi

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 23, 2017, 06:29:37 PM
Quote from: tchemi on August 23, 2017, 04:39:57 PM
Haaa, So I'm not alone.
That means that you cannot manually downshift. The only way to manually downshift (considering you have one regular pad and not a hotas thing) is to use indexes AND midle fingers.
I can.
Ho ! You wrote that you were more precise with indexes, I made the conclusion you were using them for throttle and brake.

Quote from: Blackheart on August 23, 2017, 04:54:15 PM
That means that you cannot manually downshift. The only way to manually downshift (considering you have one regular pad and not a hotas thing) is to use indexes AND midle fingers.
What?  :o
... Downshift is on a X or A button, for any fast rider that I know, in my case its A.
By manually, I mean, use the clutch and downshift.
You need one axis for front brake (let say, left trigger), one axis for controlling the bike lean (left joystick), one axis for the clutch (right joystick). If you use your indexes for the triggers, how do shift then ?

HornetMaX

Quote from: tchemi on August 23, 2017, 10:03:53 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 23, 2017, 06:29:37 PM
Haaa, So I'm not alone.
I can.
Ho ! You wrote that you were more precise with indexes, I made the conclusion you were using them for throttle and brake.
Wrong conclusion :)
I'm OK to give up a little precision to be able to have all analog axes (leaning, rear brake, clutch + 2 for rider lean) and still 2 finger to shift gears.

Also, the fact I'm more precise with indexes is more a feeling than anything else. it may be, but it also may not be.
But if I had a pad with 2 buttons on the rear, I'd sure give that a try.

tchemi

Just from the main pix I can already say that this gamepad will be to small for me.

Joeski

well....that was an enjoyable read albeit completely beyond me lol...

I'm getting there with Catalunya, R6 and the new onboard view, much better. I've upgraded to the Xbox One controller as well but struggling to get to grips with it, especially the braking. Been playing with the linearity but can't find a happy medium...could anyone share their Xbox One settings please?

Ta  8)
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?