• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:59:07 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Jump Start Server Setting.

Started by Grooveski, August 11, 2017, 11:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

Could a server option be added that switched off the jump starts/black flags/stop&go system?
..for when it's not that serious an event and we're just having a bit of fun.

Could call it Late 80's Style  ;D  - Between the end of push starts and start of the transponder era the grids used to creep forward a good foot or so before the lights went out.

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on August 11, 2017, 11:30:04 AM
Could a server option be added that switched off the jump starts/black flags/stop&go system?
..for when it's not that serious an event and we're just having a bit of fun.

Could call it Late 80's Style  ;D  - Between the end of push starts and start of the transponder era the grids used to creep forward a good foot or so before the lights went out.

+1 on that Groove!  ;)

I agree that there is no real need for it in a bike event and at the moment the problems with it in GPB are greater than the benefits..... So what if you get a tyre width advantage from the start, does it really matter?! Lol! So yeah, that idea of yours Groove is a good one mate!  ;)

I remember in the 70's and 80's the riders lining up abreast and jostling getting ready for a push start..... race directors didn't seem to mind so long as it wasn't an obvious early start you made. In fact in my day(late 60's/70's and 80's) I can't ever remember a bike GP being restarted or a rider disqualified/penalised for a jump start as such, but maybe they are more serious these days? ;D

That's a point! Let's have a push start option for some time in the future too! That would be FUN for the "Classic" and "Legend" races!  ;D

Hawk.

tchemi

There is already a virtual brake that hold the bike if you are in neutral. This virtual brake could be used to force the bike to stay still until the red lights turn off

PeterV

cough

QuoteRe: profile.ini
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 11:27:08 AM »

Code: [Select]

[aids]
autobrake = 0

To disable the automatic brake ( proportional to track slope ) that is applied during the sighting lap and race starting procedure.

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

tchemi

I'm not sure to totally understand what does this option  :-\