• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:09 PM

Track Tools

Started by PiBoSo, January 13, 2014, 10:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Not exactly this one. It just already contains the "size { x = 0.5 y = 1 z = 2 }" that is needed for autozoom to work.
It's the one I have in my Murasama folder (I just tried autozoom with Murasama and CBR 600). But for some of the other bikes it seems to be the same file.
You have to change the cameras.cfg for every bike you want to use autozoom with. When I watch a bike without the change but with a cam with autozoom the screen gets just black.
I don't know why autozoom doesn't work for you so I uploaded it as well.

Alby46

cause i didn't change the settings for bikes, thank you!
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Klax75

Yes to get the zoom to work you have to add code to every bike camera file. So it works with every bike. I've already done this the zooming camera really makes the cameras look nice, and you can always see the action.

Alby46

i tried it, looks awesome, i just need some time to do a set of cameras for every track
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

janaucarre

Hello,
I have a problem with camera type 3 arc, i have tested many things but it doesnt works, please help me. The 3 points are placed with great précision for an arc, i have made an arc in 3ds and taked the xyz vertex values and reported it in trackedit. I have tried to place the blue point (center) along the arc but not good, there it is place at the exactly center of the arc.
Screenshot of the camera type 3 arc on a curve:

http://zupimages.net/up/14/18/vklg.png

PiBoSo

Quote from: janaucarre on May 04, 2014, 02:51:29 AM
Hello,
I have a problem with camera type 3 arc, i have tested many things but it doesnt works, please help me. The 3 points are placed with great précision for an arc, i have made an arc in 3ds and taked the xyz vertex values and reported it in trackedit. I have tried to place the blue point (center) along the arc but not good, there it is place at the exactly center of the arc.

Please try rotating the camera so that it points to the centerline of the track.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

janaucarre

Thanks i will try it.

janaucarre

all is ok now i have understand how it works, thx.

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 23, 2014, 06:46:18 PM
Quote from: RiccoChicco on March 23, 2014, 12:14:10 PM
Just tried to open "TerrainEd", but not able to do it. It shows a Windows terminal for few milliseconds and then nothing  :-[

No problem with TrackEd.

TerrainEd at the moment is a command-line software only.
Documentation coming soon.

Just tried TerrainED(from the latest track tools version) for the first time and getting the same thing happen as the above quote posted in 2014(over 3 years ago).... How soon is your soon Piboso? ;D

I'm just very curious what it's use is? Could you at least give us a quick overview of what it's used for as a GPB track tool besides the obvious from it's name of course.  ;D

Also. Why does it open the command-line window and then close again straight away?

matty0l215

September 24, 2017, 09:53:06 AM #84 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:55:55 AM by matty0l215
There appears to be an issue with new EDF2FBX tool. It is messing with the UV map on a Bike. Not all of them, only certin models.

The tank, fairings and exhaust are all part of the same UV unwrap but are seperate models. The swing arm and hanelbars are also having issues. They are fine in other 3d aplications (maya, 3dSimED, 3d coat etc)

Another issue i have been having with this bike is that the swingarm sometimes wouldn't export. It appears when imported into other 3d aplications so im not sure why it disapears. This was happeneing with the old FBX2EDF and both the new ones, I only found out yesterday so haven't reported it yet.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on September 23, 2017, 11:13:39 PM
Just tried to open "TerrainEd", but not able to do it. It shows a Windows terminal for few milliseconds and then nothing  :-[

No problem with TrackEd.

Just tried TerrainED(from the latest track tools version) for the first time and getting the same thing happen as the above quote posted in 2014(over 3 years ago).... How soon is your soon Piboso? ;D

I'm just very curious what it's use is? Could you at least give us a quick overview of what it's used for as a GPB track tool besides the obvious from it's name of course.  ;D

Also. Why does it open the command-line window and then close again straight away?

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/MXB_Track_Creation_Guide#TerrainEd

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 24, 2017, 10:19:44 AM
Quote from: Hawk on September 23, 2017, 11:13:39 PM

No problem with TrackEd.

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/MXB_Track_Creation_Guide#TerrainEd

Ahh! There it is.... I stand corrected and apologise Piboso... I never thought to look in the MXB sections for GPBike related stuff but obviously TerrainED is not for use with GPBikes Track creation workflow(I'm presuming) hence my misunderstanding.  ;) 8)

Thanks for letting us know Piboso.  ;)

PS: Just saw an interesting function for MXB tracks: "Environment Sounds". I think this would be something that we could play with for GPbikes for the interaction of the crowd noise and possible other noises too? Any chance of implementing this into GPB for the next beta update?

PiBoSo

September 24, 2017, 10:58:03 AM #87 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:09:18 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Hawk on September 24, 2017, 10:36:31 AM
PS: Just saw an interesting function for MXB tracks: "Environment Sounds". I think this would be something that we could play with for GPbikes for the interaction of the crowd noise and possible other noises too? Any chance of implementing this into GPB for the next beta update?

Track sounds should be already supported.

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 24, 2017, 10:58:03 AM
Quote from: Hawk on September 24, 2017, 10:36:31 AM

Track sounds should be already supported.

Thank you Piboso.  ;) 8)

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 24, 2017, 09:53:06 AM
There appears to be an issue with new EDF2FBX tool. It is messing with the UV map on a Bike. Not all of them, only certin models.

Track tools updated with a new fbx2edf: http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/tt.zip
Please report if the problem persists.