• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:47:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

3D models of bikes for aero testing

Started by JJR, August 17, 2017, 11:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJR

August 17, 2017, 11:25:16 AM Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:54:10 AM by JJR
Hi!

I would like to do some CFD simulations of GP bikes for dragforce and lift/downforce estimation of virtual models .
I need to covert bikes from game to editable files ( 3ds, stl ...) first. Im bit lost how can I do that. (which software or plugin to use)
Of course I can than implement those values to gpbikes and share my work if anybody will be interested.

Thanks

matty0l215

There isnt currently any way of getting models out of GPB. The only way would be to go to the original creator.

Somthing to bear in mind however is that these bike models arnt 100% true to life so may give some odd readings if compared to real bike data.

I would be interested to see how the bikes do actually preform though..
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

The easiest way would to use a mod bike, as for these the modders do have the 3ds (or equivalent) files.
For the default bikes you'll have to ask to PiBoSo himself.

It would be interesting indeed if you can get the aero parameters needed by GPB out of CFD simulations.
Bit tricky however, you may need also a rider model. Out of memory (can be wrong) GPB includes the rider in its aero model params (plus a separate coeff in case the rider is not tucked in).

I think at the moment (at least for mod bikes) the params are just guesstimated starting from GPB's default bikes and adapting a bit manually to get reasonable top-speed.

janaucarre

Hi,
2 or 3 years ago i found a site where a guy posted his aerodynamic application for free, if i find it i will post it.

JJR

August 18, 2017, 11:19:03 AM #4 Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:17:32 PM by JJR
Thank for replies.

Some time ago I made CFD simulation of Yamaha YZRM1 from 2013 with and without winglets.

I found result for bike with winglets:

CdA 0,283 (murusama rc990 in GPB has CdA 0.25 )
ClA -0,113 ( so bike is making some downforce about 20kg at 200 km/h, murusama rc990 in GPB has ClA 0.045 - so making lift about 8kg at 200 km/h )

I designet winglets inspired by Ducati.
I will try to find data for yamaha without winglets and try to design winglets using 2017 aero rules