• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:12:42 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[GPBikes][WIP]Cadwell Park

Started by janaucarre, January 13, 2014, 01:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

January 13, 2014, 01:23:13 PM Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:31:12 PM by janaucarre
With the permission of the original modder Motorfx

Hello, i am rebuilding Cadwell Park, right textures at the right place, because it was my first convert track for gpbikes and it was a lot of bad things.
Now almost textures are well done. The problem is that there is so many bumps that is unrideable, i didn't remember that was so unrideable.
I have applyed 2 or 3 technics to smooth the asphalt but nothing changed.
If somoeone wants to try to smooth it or tell me how i will be pleased to give the 3ds max files.
It will be very nice to finally have this track rideable.
Thank you.

Hawk

Can you PM me a link for the 3dsMax files? I work with Maya, but can easily import those files. I'd like to take a look and see if I can see anything that would help. :)

Harrytmj66

YES! Thank you finally somebody doing my home track  ;D
Are you adding any of the new stuff to the track?

janaucarre

i have sent the track to hawkuk, and he will see if he can smooth it. If he cant we will wait for an entire new rebuild from scratch, but it's a big work and i am on other project and ever learning 3ds max.

Harrytmj66

Quote from: janaucarre on January 14, 2014, 11:28:59 AM
i have sent the track to hawkuk, and he will see if he can smooth it. If he cant we will wait for an entire new rebuild from scratch, but it's a big work and i am on other project and ever learning 3ds max.

Ok mate, yeah any work on Cadwell gets a thumbs up from me. If you guys can get it smooth enough to race on we will have some great races  :D

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on January 14, 2014, 11:28:59 AM

Hi Janaucurre.

I've had a look at the mesh, and it's a big mess. I'm not surprised it's currently unrideable. Split polygons/vertexes, double edges and endgones all over the place and more(Probably due to the ripping process?). Besides that, the whole mesh is in tri's which are a real pain to work with and a hallmark for ripped mesh.

I'm thinking of rebuilding the entire track surface(Use the original as a basic guide template layer), seems to me would be quicker to do that than to mess around with the current surface mesh.

I believe the current track surface mesh isn't really high enough resolution to work well with a track like Cadwell Park with all it's complex height and camber differences, especially on the double bend complex leading up to the mountain and then up and over the mountain itself and on into the hall bends complex.

I'm busy working on another project I need to get finished right now, but I'll start as soon as I have the spare time to do it. If you want to do this yourself, then fair enough. Just let me know to save any wasted time and work on it.

Thanks Janaucarre. ;D

Harrytmj66

If you ever need any reference pictures just drop me a message guys.

Hawk

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on January 14, 2014, 01:53:28 PM
If you ever need any reference pictures just drop me a message guys.

Probably take you up on that at some stage. ;)

In fact, if you have any ref pictures already, it would be good if you could upload them to MEGA and let me have a link for them....

Thanks Harry. ;D

Harrytmj66

Yeah what do you need pictures of?
New chicane and bridge?

Harrytmj66

January 14, 2014, 02:46:55 PM #9 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:50:05 PM by Harrytmj66
This is the most recent video i can find of Cadwell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs7lcNnTLVc

As you can see on these the mound has gone in the middle of hall bends

New bridge so you can judge whereabouts it is.
Can't find any good pictures of the new chicane so i will have to go down to Cadwell to get a decent picture but apart from that everthing is pretty much the same at Cadwell

Hawk

January 14, 2014, 04:10:51 PM #10 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:17:57 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: Harrytmj66 on January 14, 2014, 02:36:53 PM
Yeah what do you need pictures of?
New chicane and bridge?

Ideally pics from all around the circuit. Any buildings that are track side, pit entrances/exits, run-off areas, start lines, trackside bill boards, the new bridge and chicane you mentioned(Didn't know they'd built them. lol).

Pics of changes in track surface tarmac(Were they may have put a new strip of tarmac, etc, etc) taken so I know exactly were it appears on track. And it would be brilliant if you could get some genuine Cadwell Park track surface pics for the track textures(if you can); any texture pics need to be taken as square onto subject as possible ideally in normal light(no bright sun or shadows). And some track edge pics were tarmac meets the grass verge would be handy too.

Your probably not going to be able to get all those kind of pics, but if you can find/shoot as many as possible, that would be great! ;D

Thanks Harry for the current Cadwell Park ref vid and pics above, can never have too many, so all will come in handy.

I used to race around Cadwell in my younger days, be great to relive some of those days with GP Bikes. ;D

Appreciated, mate. ;)

UPDATE: Just seen the video above. Excellent ref material for current status of track and whereabouts of buildings, barriers, trees, etc, etc.... Thanks Harry!

Harrytmj66

Well i should be going to Cadwell for the first bike meeting of the season but i won't be able to get the track side billboards until BSB in August  :-\
Will try my best bud

janaucarre

thank you very much guys.
If you want to take time to rebuild it, take it, i am on other projects and i have passed so many many hours on this track that i'm a bit tired of working on it.
We have the luck to have a man living near cadwell park and give us information.
Thank you thank you and good luck.

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on January 14, 2014, 06:28:40 PM
thank you very much guys.
If you want to take time to rebuild it, take it, i am on other projects and i have passed so many many hours on this track that i'm a bit tired of working on it.
We have the luck to have a man living near cadwell park and give us information.
Thank you thank you and good luck.

Thanks Janaucarre... It was very good of you to pass the current Cadwell Park files onto me, very much appreciated, mate! ;)

I'll try and do Cadwell Park justice......

Good luck with your present project! Hope it's a good one! ;D

SA_22

been thinking of making this myself after getting all exciting seeing it on the list and disappointed when i raced it!

although i pretty much have no idea how getting stuff in this engine works ( looks hella confusing) , 3d stuff is a breeze (kinda my job)

was looking for ref today, and found this thread while looking for another track to download.

only thing that is concerning me is getting the tracks height, camber, bumps etc correct... with out some kind of height map data ( i've looked there is none), its going to be a HUGE head ache getting it to meet my stupid perfection ist standards using photos and videos... maybe the old version may help, but its pretty inaccurate in alot of ways if you take a close look.

apart from that the track is pretty simple to make art wise

but i'm 100% down to get this started with you guys and make it awesome!

maybe with 3 of us and everyone testing it we can knock it out the park..

let me know what you guys think and we can sort something out!!