• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:47:22 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

First person simulator server

Started by Adalgood, August 20, 2017, 05:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adalgood

Hello everyone. Is it possible for one of the teams to enable a server in hardcore mode open continuously but forcing the first person view? I think that we are many who prefer to run in this way but we are forced not to use it in order to reach the times that everyone does with the outer camera. So at least in this way we could know that all times registered on the server are made with the same camera.

Ideas and constructive criticism accepted jeje

Warlock

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

PeterV

Caws can do that for you, i just want to now what track you want and what class.

Napalm Nick

Thanks Peter!

ADALGOOD should choose!  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

poumpouny

+ 1

and another one with Dirert Steer  ;D

Warlock

Quote from: poumpouny on August 21, 2017, 06:42:18 AM
and another one with Dirert Steer  ;D

Thats not hardcore, its suicidal  lol  ;D

Vini

what about no riding aids?

would be included in my definition of "hardcore mode".

Boerenlater

Quote from: vini97 on August 21, 2017, 09:06:09 AM

Indeed a very good point.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

poumpouny

It depend on what bike because me i'm desactivating even TC and AW in moto gpbike haha, sometime i ask myself why ! when i know even the real Valentino Rossi in real life with he's real bike Use TC and AW hihihi, i know i'm ill lol  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: vini97 on August 21, 2017, 09:06:09 AM

Does that mean no electronic aids too on the modern bikes? I'd be all for that!! Hehe!  ;D ;D

But no seriously..... That would surely depend on what controller your able to use? In the sense that some bikeMODS, if you cannot operate a fully manual clutch because of controller issues(lack of convenient triggers and/or buttons) then you need to use "Shift Help" as an aid.... all other aids are preferential but unfortunately if the server sets "No aids" then it won't allow the "Shift Help" aid(to change gears correctly) either which would be unfair on those who are using controllers where it's not possible to assign a fully manual clutch operation.

Not all bikes have the semi-auto-quick selector gearboxes. Plus remember that semi-auto gearboxes on modern bikes are an aid too; that cannot be stopped so why you want to stop other aids?  We either have aids or not, and if not then that would mean no modern racing bikes allowed. Yippeee!!! :P ;D ;D

Warlock

Agree on no aids except Shift Help

Vini

Quote from: Hawk on August 21, 2017, 01:52:14 PMif you cannot operate a fully manual clutch because of controller issues(lack of convenient triggers and/or buttons) then you need to use "Shift Help" as an aid
You can just hammer the gears without the clutch. Not realistic but that is neither the player's nor the modder's fault. You will of course be slightly slower than someone who has invested the time to master the manual clutch but that is only fair IMO.

Quote from: Hawk on August 21, 2017, 01:52:14 PMPlus remember that semi-auto gearboxes on modern bikes are an aid too;
Not really. Seamless gearboxes are purely mechanical. Of course the slipper clutch is controlled electronically nowadays but that is an area GP Bikes could use some improvement in anyhow.