• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

First person simulator server

Started by Adalgood, August 20, 2017, 05:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: nuovaic on August 24, 2017, 06:36:05 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 23, 2017, 10:58:58 PM
Quote from: Hawk on August 23, 2017, 09:59:29 PM
Indeed I am a fan of Flight Sims..... That was a lucky guess Max! Hehe!  ;D
Isn't nuovaic a flight-sim guy too ? Maybe there's a pattern. Maybe you even play FPSs with a joystick :)

Anyway, if it makes your day, I guess it's surely fine.
I'd just pester you every time you ask for realistic and non sim-cade features, Mr. shift-help ;)

No. I dont use flight sims. No pattern. And no need for this. Just accept the fact the some people like and use joysticks. Let it go.

Oh well ... OK then. Cheers.

Adalgood

Hello everyone, sorry for my delay in answering, I did not expect so many answers jej.

First I want to answer the circuit request. I think to start the Missano Circuit is pretty good. It is a technical circuit and forces you to be very focused. For me to drive in the first person is as it should be always. I would remove the external camera from the game. In the end we have become accustomed to have more field of vision can anticipate the acceleration, delay the braking phase and some incredible tracings. But all this is not real. I know that in first person I go slower but once I have the control of my controls I am able to handle my bike with much more reliability and the sensations with the movements of the motorcycle are 10 times more realistic than with the external camera. Hair of the tip.

Secondly I have noticed that the word "harcore" has given a lot of play to the post and after thanking all the answers and opinions I want to give my opinion on the type of gears and clutch. I think at least at first you should not remove the aids on the server that we use only the onboard camera. Using this type of camera is already a big step towards the simulation and requires a lot of concentration. We should not fall into the mistake of boring people for wanting to be very extremists.

tchemi

You still have your wisdom teeth haven't you ?! ^^

Warlock

PeterV

I will set it up this weekend, which misano version clock or anticlockwise ?

Adalgood

Quote from: PeterV on August 25, 2017, 07:36:11 AM
I will set it up this weekend, which misano version clock or anticlockwise ?

Clock version. The same sense that is used in the world.

Thank you!!

Napalm Nick

Thanks tor server Pierre. Can the server dump any session results to a DB link or something? I could make a Best times table with them?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

August 25, 2017, 11:44:55 PM #82 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:52:07 PM by PeterV
it sure can ill set that tomorrow if you dont mind, heck thats today its almost 02:00 here  ;)

Edit: it saves the results from all sessions (after a race is finished) in the usual place Nick

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Adalgood

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 25, 2017, 08:40:30 PM
Thanks tor server Pierre. Can the server dump any session results to a DB link or something? I could make a Best times table with them?

You have read my mind Napalm. I wanted to post something similar in another post. To have a motivation you could create a weekly event of the type "Time Attack" where you choose a circuit and two different bikes. A duration from Tuesday to Sunday and see who register better times. I think it would be a good way to motivate people on the server by trying to improve their timing.

I understand this takes a job. I offer to help in publishing the tables or what has to be done. Any ideas?

Sorry if I do not understand myself. I speak in Spanish and I'm using the Google translator;)

Napalm Nick

Cool just tell us when you want to change track or bike ( must be Beta 12 bike of course). I will make a table and update it for results whenever i have the time.

tchemi

Hey guys, I'm going out of track here but I'm planning on making a site to manage championships for GPB ;) It may have this kind of features, best times etc...

tchemi

We had some good sessions yesterday on this server.

It is good to see how GPBikes can bring good feelings and good riding with the non modded bikes.
The battles with the varese on Isano were exciting.

Nice ride with Warlock, Grooveski and Kerazo ;)

-aGy-

i have suggestion. lets put drivers on two, three or four groups. one with true simulator riders 1ps no aids but clutch help and automatic rider movements, two with no so simulator riders 3ps but same , and three and four with aids and bla bla bla. why this cant be done.is this crazy?ps 1ps is the way to go

Napalm Nick

August 31, 2017, 11:16:29 PM #89 Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:29:25 PM by Napalm Nick
@-aGy- do you own that Hailwood replica Duke?

BTW here is a server for 1p only http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5193.0 go get some times down

First person simulation: