• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:06:13 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta12

Started by PiBoSo, August 24, 2017, 02:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

August 26, 2017, 08:30:54 PM #45 Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:37:56 PM by Napalm Nick
Thanks Max.

Yeh I have done the .ini change to point it to a new Mods and it created the gpbikes folder so I stuck the Tracks, Bikes, misc and various paints in it but none are showing in game.

Wish these releases came with instructions other than how to uninstall it.  ::)

Edit: Everything now working except tracks pfffffff. Must read "A guide to Programmers thought process"  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Weird, all works for me (bikes, tracks, riders suits, helmets, stands and tyres).

Napalm Nick

Well all tracks are there and available in Testing but I only see CAWS #3 server on the World Page so I assumed it wasn't seeing all the tracks. But now maybe it is the other servers not using port 54300 to the Master. What do you think?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 26, 2017, 08:47:46 PM
Well all tracks are there and available in Testing but I only see CAWS #3 server on the World Page so I assumed it wasn't seeing all the tracks. But now maybe it is the other servers not using port 54300 to the Master. What do you think?
They may even be beta11 servers.

If you see the tracks offline, then you're good.

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 26, 2017, 08:47:46 PM
you got the correct misano version you need the GP one not the one we usual use ;)

Napalm Nick

Both Correct - Only Peter the Great has B12 servers! And yes was missing Misano GP that goes the wrong way round lol.  ::)

Thankee  ;)

Kerazo

whenever I click on 'World' to play online with the new beta, the game keeps freezing - to the point where i cannot even close it with taskmanager
i've made a fresh install without any mods.
everything works fine in offline testing

does somebody have and idea what it could be?

PeterV

Did you open the new ports? UDP 54300 and 54310

dibu

August 27, 2017, 04:56:11 PM #53 Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 05:03:00 PM by dibu

GP Bikes beta12 released. - 2017/8/24
Changelog:
fix: memory optimizations

@PiBoSo could you please explain more about the memory optimizations?

When I look at the memory usage of beta12 dedicated servers there are big differences to the old ones.
- If one or more  players connect, there is no significant increase of memory usage 
- the memory usage stays quite low -  15-35MB

Are these settings in gpbikes.ini still valid?
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 17, 2013, 04:55:19 PM
Under [core] section ( must be created ):

replay  = 10

to set the size, in megabytes, of the replay buffer. 10MB is the default value.
Warning: the bigger the buffer, the more RAM will be used.

Kerazo

Quote from: PeterV on August 27, 2017, 04:52:49 PM
Did you open the new ports? UDP 54300 and 54310
that could well be it. unfortunately im unable to change/open ports
but thanks anyway

Napalm Nick

Check your antivirus/firewall is allowin the new outbound connection?

Kerazo

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 27, 2017, 05:54:16 PM
Check your antivirus/firewall is allowin the new outbound connection?
that was it. working now thanks Nick.
btw, what exactly does the new folder path look like for mods? can't get them to work

Napalm Nick

Hard to explain on my phone but it is a little confusing.

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=18.msg79098#msg79098

The bit this does not make clear in the above is that when you have changed the. Ini to add the Mods folder and started the game a new folder will be generated inside this Mods folder called gpbikes. Put all the mods in there.

You dont have to create this mods folder but it is very useful for controlling where the Mods go. For example i can keep them off my SSD and on a bigger HDD

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on August 27, 2017, 04:56:11 PM

GP Bikes beta12 released. - 2017/8/24
Changelog:
fix: memory optimizations

@PiBoSo could you please explain more about the memory optimizations?

When I look at the memory usage of beta12 dedicated servers there are big differences to the old ones.
- If one or more  players connect, there is no significant increase of memory usage 
- the memory usage stays quite low -  15-35MB

Are these settings in gpbikes.ini still valid?
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 17, 2013, 04:55:19 PM
Under [core] section ( must be created ):

replay  = 10

to set the size, in megabytes, of the replay buffer. 10MB is the default value.
Warning: the bigger the buffer, the more RAM will be used.

When the same model is loaded multiple times, an instance is created instead of duplicating it, as it was until Beta11.
No setting has been changed.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".