• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:51 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 12 Testrace

Started by PeterV, August 28, 2017, 05:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

Another week - another way to miss the race discovered.
While setting up B12/flicking off aids I've flicked off the help bit in the other menu(thinking it was for help bubbles  ::) ).

...so clueless on the grid after the warm-up lap.  :-[
....and another bloody DNS, to go with nearly every other race for the last few months.   ::)

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on September 03, 2017, 08:46:15 PM
Thanks for showing up too the race everyone.

Please in a next event try too not talk in Qual or Race sessions its very distracting !.

I had a great time tonight.... Your doing a BRILLIANT job with the servers and races Peter! Great FUN tonight! ;) 8)

Stout Johnson

Please in a next event try too not talk in Qual or Race sessions its very distracting !.
Thanks for the event Peter. Haven't been involved in a race for ages, but it was fun. Concerning the chatting, I also find it annoying. I remember back in the days of our 500cc Varese championship we used to have an extra chat room open for the gibberish ones. That would prolly be a good idea. In-game we would only have server and race related chat, and if someone feels the urge to discuss certain things, he could use the chat.

Overall, I think the online stability is great atm. We used stock Victoria (so it is dynamic track surface if I am not mistaken), but we did not have a single core crash and also no noticeable lag for me. This is great in itself and those events are really fun now. If we could get rid of the annoying jump start DQ's, it would be very good I think.

On a related note: I noticed that many riders were not displayed for me, especially in the starting grid (I assume in an attempt to minimize data usage only the nearest bikes are displayed). Did you guys also notice that? Is my data connection the limiting factor here (I assume so)?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on September 04, 2017, 06:06:01 AM

Thanks for the event Peter. Haven't been involved in a race for ages, but it was fun. Concerning the chatting, I also find it annoying. I remember back in the days of our 500cc Varese championship we used to have an extra chat room open for the gibberish ones. That would prolly be a good idea. In-game we would only have server and race related chat, and if someone feels the urge to discuss certain things, he could use the chat.

Overall, I think the online stability is great atm. We used stock Victoria (so it is dynamic track surface if I am not mistaken), but we did not have a single core crash and also no noticeable lag for me. This is great in itself and those events are really fun now. If we could get rid of the annoying jump start DQ's, it would be very good I think.

On a related note: I noticed that many riders were not displayed for me, especially in the starting grid (I assume in an attempt to minimize data usage only the nearest bikes are displayed). Did you guys also notice that? Is my data connection the limiting factor here (I assume so)?

Hi Stout.
Have you got your "Bandwidth" setting in GPB set to "Very High"? Usually when riders don't see all competitors on the grid it's because they have forgot to set that bandwidth setting high enough.
Strangely enough I believe the default setting is still set at "Low" for some reason?  ::)

Napalm Nick

I think the in-game settings option to turn off chat is an OK idea but would be better if it was 'turn off chat with the exception of server admin'.  :) that way you can still get the important stuff (like "rs!").
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk on September 04, 2017, 07:19:06 AM
Hi Stout.
Have you got your "Bandwidth" setting in GPB set to "Very High"? Usually when riders don't see all competitors on the grid it's because they have forgot to set that bandwidth setting high enough.
Strangely enough I believe the default setting is still set at "Low" for some reason?  ::)
Yeah, that could be the reason, will check on that. Thanks Hawky.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

tchemi

What about opening a Discord for races ?

doubledragoncc

I can open my teamspeak too if you want as it is a dedicated GPBOC server for it

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

tchemi

Yep but every body should come !

PeterV

uberslug

How does one join when it shows up on the GP-Bikes website but not under the World button on the Race menu option?

matty0l215

Make sure you have the correc track (Jerez V0.9_NDS)

and the bikes (in the latest BikeMOD)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Just to say don't forget to install the tyre files for these bikes too. ;)

uberslug

Hawk

Quote from: uberslug on September 10, 2017, 04:34:35 PM
Password?

OOoops! Sorry! The password will be deleted as soon as possible so anyone can join... shouldn't be long mate.  ;)