• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:24:51 AM

Beta 12 Testrace

Started by PeterV, August 28, 2017, 05:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 10, 2017, 07:59:25 PM
It's not your fault mate

Just a game bug. Also the Lag on the server was very bad which doesn't help anyone.

Lag was bad in practice session, some core.exe there as well, but in qualifying and race it was much better.

Napalm Nick

Yes well done Podium  8) I could not see who got it as I also cored out returning to pit at end.

Quite fun.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

uberslug

I'm really not all that upset, just a bit disappointed that I didn't get any satisfaction. I did learn a lot and I had one hell of a good time during practice and qualifying. Looking forward to the next one. Thank you for arranging the race.

Hawk

I really enjoyed the practice and qualy, but then I got the dreaded start grid DSQ BUG just for going to track on the 1st and 2nd race restart, so I just stayed out of it so everyone else could get off the grid and race.
Really enjoyed watching the race.... Congrats to Adalgood for the win; Didn't have a chance to see who came 2nd and 3rd place as I got a core.exe crash as the race finished, but well done guys and everyone, especially PeterV(server admin) for doing such a great job here bringing these community races to us all.

But yeah there is obviously still work to be done regarding the online stability of GPB and certainly work to be done with the start grid sensitivity for any bike movement on the start grid... That is madness and very frustrating. Stability on the start grid is a lot worse in beta 12b than it was in beta 10 and 11... really does seriously, urgently need looking into because it's practically a race stopper for those who get DSQ's all the time from this BUG; very frustrating indeed.

Grooveski

I blew my engine at about 2/3rds distance.   :(

...but to be fair I was treating it like dirt and deserved it.   ;)

I should have upped the engine braking more in practice.  Had the slipper working a little too much and was making up for it by hammering down the gears harder than usual.
(or perhaps the cause and effect were the other way round - maybe I was just hammering down the gears because I could get away with it  ::) ).
Anyway - when it went I wasn't overly surprised. 

Lesson learned to always check the forum on the run up to an event.  When H says "watch the accumulated damage factor" these days I tend to take notice.  Can barely move round here for dead Duc and Norton lumps.   :D

Other than that I quite enjoyed the race.   I was - as usual - dog slow but didn't get in anyone's way getting lapped and only had a couple of run-offs - both at the hairpin - both within a lap of each other and both because I'd got quicker out of the corner before hadn't yet adjusted my braking marker to suit.  Pretty standard first session mistakes that I didn't beat myself up too much over.

PeterV

Could riders who participated in the last test race (@ Jerez) please report if they had a core.exe or not?
If you have, please mention how many times and in which session if you can remember.

thank you.

Napalm Nick

One in practice when i went to Settings (not garage)
One on my Qualifying out lap and got back into the session with1 minute left pfffff
One going back to pits after race
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

tchemi

I had not installed the CBR, The game stuck on 'syncing' and I had a core. No message about missing bike or whatever.

But then it was ok

Tommaso Levato

I had one just before qualifying and one after coming back to the pits after the race.

finpower

I had 2 times core-exe yesterday evening.
both times in the training session.
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

uberslug

I didn't have any core.exes. I got punted back to the pits with the To Track button greyed out.

PeterV

First post updated for a race tonight
Beta12 | TEST Race

Be aware that we are using the GP layout, the long one, so dont go right and take a shortcut !!!

Wimp #97

I keep getting core.exe trying to connect to the server, I have all tyres and bikes. Anybody any ideas?
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Hawk

Quote from: wimpsback on September 24, 2017, 05:13:47 PM
I keep getting core.exe trying to connect to the server, I have all tyres and bikes. Anybody any ideas?

Have you used the LAA Utility on your GPB beta 12b "core.exe" file? This will give GPB the ability to address in 64bits which this track needs.  ;)

Wimp #97

Quote from: Hawk on September 24, 2017, 05:16:30 PM

Have you used the LAA Utility on your GPB beta 12b "core.exe" file? This will give GPB the ability to address in 64bits which this track needs.  ;)

No I have not, idk how to do it, is there any guide on how to do it around here?
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018