• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:56:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Where have all the flowers gone???

Started by Hawk, August 30, 2017, 05:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

August 30, 2017, 05:24:18 PM Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:26:35 PM by Hawk
https://www.youtube.com/v/4Lp7RA2zFQg

I can't remember these bikes, but I presume these 2 strokes(250's?) used to be default stock bikes in alpha 8? Where are they now? Also where has the throttle blipping-gone on the Varese 500 that we hear with the bikes in the video? And on a side note, why has the Varese got a semi-auto gearbox?

BozoCRO

My guess is Aprilia's legal team wasn't very impressed :D

BOBR6 84

Blipping is a choice isnt it? Semi auto gearbox?? Eh?  ;D

matty0l215

Tut tut Hawk. Using driver aids with 2 stroke from the 90's!!!

Tut tut...
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 31, 2017, 03:57:09 PM
Tut tut Hawk. Using driver aids with 2 stroke from the 90's!!!

Tut tut...

Huh? Lol

Oh! Your talking about the "Auto-Throttle Blipping" I presume? Well not really an aid like TC or the electronic aids on the modern bikes in GPB; more of a controller aid for those that cannot realistically and practically manually throttle-blip due to the controller type(being used by the user) inadequacies.  If we all had HS2's then it wouldn't be a problem at all. :P ;D

Vini

Hawk

Quote from: vini97 on August 31, 2017, 06:51:00 PM
lol this again

Yep! Of course this again because it was overlooked for a fix in beta 12, so I'll keep banging on about it from time to time too until it's fixed or at very least confirmed for the TODO list. It's a two minute job to fix these issues, for christ sake. :P  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on August 31, 2017, 07:13:06 PM
lol this again

Yep! Of course this again because it was overlooked for a fix in beta 12, so I'll keep banging on about it from time to time too until it's fixed or at very least confirmed for the TODO list. It's a two minute job to fix these issues, for christ sake. :P  :)
Right. The time it takes to unplug the joystick and plug the joypad  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hawk

August 31, 2017, 08:10:30 PM #9 Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 08:12:23 PM by Hawk
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 31, 2017, 07:30:24 PM
Quote from: Hawk on August 31, 2017, 07:13:06 PM
lol this again

Right. The time it takes to unplug the joystick and plug the joypad  ;D  ;D  ;D

Smart-arse! There's always one! Lol! :P ;D

Besides your missing the point.... The Varese has a semi-auto gearbox installed too, that is an error.  :P

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on August 31, 2017, 08:10:30 PM

Besides your missing the point.... The Varese has a semi-auto gearbox installed too, that is an error.  :P
Oh right, I forgot the point was "give the varese a truly manual gearbox, so I can have more pleasure in using shift help" :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 31, 2017, 09:29:17 PM

Oh right, I forgot the point was "give the varese a truly manual gearbox, so I can have more pleasure in using shift help" :)

No... seeing as your a full manual control gamepad fanatic, you can use fully manual throttle-blip instead(that I would like to see. Lol. I doubt whether many, if any, actually bother to throttle-blip manually at all with a gamepad controller?).  :P  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on August 31, 2017, 10:47:40 PM

No... seeing as your a full manual control gamepad fanatic, you can use fully manual throttle-blip instead(that I would like to see. Lol. I doubt whether many, if any, actually bother to throttle-blip manually at all with a gamepad controller?).  :P  ;D
Let's do this then: gearbox sim is improved to disallow shifting up without lifting the throttle (unless bike with shifter) and shifting down without using the clutch (unless seamless gearbox bike). But shift help is taken away.

Deal for me. You in ?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 31, 2017, 11:17:56 PM
Quote from: Hawk on August 31, 2017, 10:47:40 PM

Let's do this then: gearbox sim is improved to disallow shifting up without lifting the throttle (unless bike with shifter) and shifting down without using the clutch (unless seamless gearbox bike). But shift help is taken away.

Deal for me. You in ?

Totally agree that's what we need except we keep shift help as an option for those using a controller that doesn't practically allow them to manually control the clutch and throttle actions needed to manually change gears.... been through this before Max. Lol.
Riders who can use a fully manual clutch and throttle will still have a huge advantage over the optional "Shift Help" setting users; the very same advantage we have by manually changing gears rather than using the "Auto-gears" option, so what's your problem with "Shift Help"? I don't get it Max?  :)

BOBR6 84

September 01, 2017, 08:22:23 PM #14 Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:27:45 PM by BOBR6 84
i use manual everything no shift help  ;D if anything i was blipping too much before lol on some bikes it sounds terrible when you blip  ;D ;D and clutch is set to right thumbstick forwards, throttle is right trigger.. everything works fine and in easy reach..

i don't shift the rider though that's auto! just leaning the rider forward and back is manual