Author Topic: CAWS MOD Team - Beta 12 - Bike Release - SSP600 Set - BETA  (Read 2401 times)

KG13

• View Profile
Re: CAWS MOD Team - Beta 12 - Bike Release - SSP600 Set - BETA
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 10:06:57 PM »
YIPEE FINALLY THANK YOU ! :-D

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 10:31:28 PM »
I fin love this in beta12 they ride sooooooooooooooo good and feel great

Plaese ad paints if you can as no templates thanks guys

Think this will be the set for my first championship

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

BOBR6 84

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 10:43:33 PM »
first try im actually not to keen (R6) it just feels dumbed down.. like any other game. the tyres arent shiney anymore.. GP500 textures. it just feels completely different to when these bikes first burst on the schene and im a little bit upset. Why is everybody so keen to make things ''easy to ride'' all the time..

il keep riding them.. and try and give you some actual feedback instead of moaning lol

the best bike on beta12 atm in my opinion.. is the varese500!! what a thrill that is to ride now.

david662

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 11:01:11 PM »
I have played for a while and I have some feedback, but it's all just my opinion.
Bikes are very easy to ride - too easy. It's difficult to crash...

1. R6, CBR, GSXR, Dytona, 749R - traction control seems to be in a veeeeery high level - you cant slide (1,2 gear) even if you have MAX throttle in the corner. In this case R6 cup is MUCH MOOOORE BETTER.
2. Low power on 1 gear - from 0 to about 70,80 kmh.
3. Bad quality cockpit. Steering wheel is ok but the HUD and windshield looks bad for me and we can't set the EB, TCS on the HUD in cockpit view. But of course look isnt the most important thing.

The best for me is Ducati 749R but in my opinion engine breaking should be bigger. I have a real bike with L2 1000ccm engine ( I know - it's bigger than 749) and it breaks really strong but I have never ridden Ducati so I may be wrong.

That's all my feedback but now Im going to ride the Ducati ! ;)
Thanks for the release and I would like to know you agree or not agree with me guys.

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 11:06:03 PM »
@Bob thanks.

Yeh please understand the tyres are massively different now in this Beta as you can see from the new file structure. Basically the tyres have to be stripped off and reworked/remodelled and PiB hasn't even provided any instructions how it should all be done (every Beta it is left to the modders to find out themselves lol) so the guys have had to work out as much as they can so far.  textures etc are practically impossible on these bikes (cos we don't have the original 3d for it). Remodelling new ones for every bike takes time, lots of it. The easy option would be to leave these bikes behind as not fit for later Betas but we do our best on them so not to waste GPBItalia's excellent work.

As for the feel - well this is what a Beta release is - to get feedback maybe you/the community can end up shaping them just how you like em.  :)

@david
thx Davide yeh as said above really. Cockpits the same. Your points will be looked at.
 Keep it coming.

EDIT: edited a bit for clarity on the tyre texture issue
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:28:00 PM by Napalm Nick »
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 11:24:53 PM »
Could you make a template for skins to be made for these bikes please? theyre fucking brilliant so far and you've done a great job making these! love them all. id donate if i could because the game wouldnt be what it is without this sorta thing happening.

or link me to a tutorial on how to make the template myself?

Cheers :)

No need for donations as these models were done by a group that used to be here (GPBItalia you may of heard of them recently in other news) we just keep them alive as best we can, but thank your for the offer. Just enjoy them as best you can.

Without the 3d (that we don't have) a proper template cannot be made but a simple one can be made from a previous skin which I am sure Matty will provide soon.

Thank you for your kind words. :)
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

Docfumi

• NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
    • only attitude counts
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 11:45:34 PM »
Hi, Team thanks for the awesome mods you guys are Brilliant. I am sorry for the off topic but will you be releasing the MV Agusta 500 Three again as it is my favorite bike.  ;)

Thanks again and Cheers
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 11:52:39 PM »
Hey speak of the Devil!

Yes mate I am sure that bike will come again it is also my favourite. Just have to hope the designer (H106frp) allows it or we are all doomed! Doomed I tell ya.

I am sure he will be very happy to hear you love it (there was not much feedback )!

Take care bud.  ;)
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

KG13

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »
I've done some laps yesterday in the night and I love the new bikes. Still miss RPM bar on the dashboard in onboard cam and animated chain - I hope that it will come later :-)
As mentioned earlier I have a feeling that the motorcycles are easy to ride, and it is hard to loose rear grip even in full lean.
Once again thank you that I can ride Daytona in this game :-D

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 11:00:07 AM »
Thanks KG13.

The model might be improved if possible but we don't have the original 3d model so very difficult. :(

Tyres are very much a WIP with the new requirements this Beta so yes we need the feedback to decide how they must be modified thanks!
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

wimpsback

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »
Hey guys,
First of all, thanks for so many awesome bikes. As a big 600cc fan and rider myself I have enjoyed this pack a lot!
So I invested some time into all of these bikes to test them and just give an all round overview about the pro's and con's of every bike.

I did my tests mostly on Aragon since it is a nice smooth track with some difficult braking areas.
I will give a rundown of every bike. Score them on several aspects and maybe some extra notes/clarification.

General notes
Setup
-Tyres: Soft
-10liter fuel
-gearing mostly stock, no major changes
-engine brake changed from 1 to 0 (explanation below)

Notes
The standard setup doesn't have enough engine brake(as in the bike doesn't slow down enough just on engine), so first thing i did was set the engine brake to 0 on all bikes. But for some bikes this was too much engine brake.
I also checked the top speeds and I have to say the yamaha R6 was much faster than the rest. Only the Kawasaki Zx6R came within 10km/h of the R6 (exact numbers below).

Bike ratings

Ducati 749R
Laptime: 1.55.2
Top Speed: 270 km/h
Braking: 7/10
Cornering: 8/10
Overall: 7/10
Note: Bike feels nice, maybe a little bit too much engine brake on 0 (but still better than 1). But by far the slowest bike of the pack with a laptime more than 1 second slower than the rest.

Honda CBR600RR
Laptime:1.53.6
Top Speed: 274km/h
Braking: 8/10
Cornering: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10
Notes: Overall good and fast bike, good on every aspect. Good bike for steady pace and nice laptimes.

Kawasaki ZX6R
Laptime: 1.53.0
Top Speed: 277 km/h
Braking: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Notes: For me the best bike of the pack. More top speed than the others (except R6) and very good and stable braking which allows me to ride fast and very consistent.

Suzuki Gsxr-600
Laptime: 1.53.7
Top Speed: 271km/h
Braking: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Notes: Again fast bike, overall as good as the cbr600rr but maybe a bit more stable and easy to ride. But not faster in my opinion. Also noticably less power than the Kawa and R6.

Triumph Daytona 675R
Laptime: 1.53.6
Top Speed: 272 km/h
Cornering: 9/10
Notes: Fast bike. For me the best bike for pure cornering although a bit unstable sometimes. Mostly a bit unstable when switching sides and also under braking. A bit harder to do consistent laps than the Cbr600rr because of stability.

Yamaha R6
Laptime: 1.54.0
Top Speed: 286km/h
Cornering: 7/10
Notes: Hardest bike of the pack. High top speed but unstable braking, combining those two makes for very difficult riding( As you can tell by the laptime). Too much engine brake which makes bike unstable in braking zone (but too little engine brake on engine brake 1). Still a nice bike but the hardest to ride out of the pack.

Points of improvement
First of all these bikes don't necessarily need improvement as they are all amazing and I want to thank all the creators again for such awesome content!!

-Engine brake is too little on standard setup (engine brake: 1) but too much on some bikes on engine brake:0 (mainly R6 and Ducati). A more customizable engine brake would be usefull (spread 0 and 1 over 0 - 4, but idk if thats possible :p)
-A bit too much grip in the rear. Almost impossible to lowside or highside. (R6 Cup is a bit better in this aspect but it wants to slide a bit too much.)
-Speed of R6 compared to the rest is very high. 286km/h vs average 274km/h of other bikes.

That was it for my test on these bikes. I think I covered the most important points and I hope some of you find this usefull. I would love to answer any questions :).

I want to thank the creators again for these awesome bikes and I hope to see some races with these soon! :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:06:20 AM by wimpsback »

KG13

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »
Thanks KG13.

The model might be improved if possible but we don't have the original 3d model so very difficult. :(

Tyres are very much a WIP with the new requirements this Beta so yes we need the feedback to decide how they must be modified thanks!

Thanks for reply. Its a shame because the bikes are the best out there next to MotoGP motorcycles. They are very user friendly and good to learn this game, without any disencouragement after too many falls. I really hope that it will be able to improve the 3d models after some time. Shame that I can't help :-(

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 02:30:24 PM »
Hey guys,
First of all, thanks for so many awesome bikes. As a big 600cc fan and rider myself I have enjoyed this pack a lot!
So I invested some time into all of these bikes to test them and just give an all round overview about the pro's and con's of every bike.

Thanks wimpsback very nice feedback there thank you  8)

The EB is actually already on our radar for possible change - your breakdown helps us with this. If you go testing again sometime could you use the HARD tyres and see if your thoughts change at all and let us know?

Grip on the rear - noted, we will see how others feel too.

CAWS took a vow to research and use only use real word data except where the game compromises have to be made so we would like to think the power is correct for each bike and the handling relevant to both what we read and also the natural forces the game produces with real data input.
Crucially these bikes seem to have retained their individual characters again and your results about the R6 and ZXR confirm why most people choose them (and because of their real word popularity of course). For races though, where fastest laps are not the winner the bikes hold up pretty well against each other.

Thanks Wimp!  :)

Personally I think we have to be careful saying which bikes are best when that is based on how easy they are to ride. Few of us could jump on the real world bikes and put these times in without many crashes. Easy to ride FAST bikes = arcade bikes IMO. But that's just me babbling on like a SimFanboy  ::), not a CAWS opinion.

@KG13  yes if there is ever enough time ( we have the R6 Cup being totally remodelled from scratch for example) then improvements will be made but in the meantime if anyone would like to produce some new cockpit 3d I'm sure it will be considered for inclusion.

Everyones comments are being captured in a new CAWS database too so we can keep track and action them where possible so keep the feedback coming!  :D
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

tchemi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 04:46:01 PM »
I just tested the ducati, I agree on engine brakes with what the guys said.

Purely visual, the texture of the carbon surrounding the exhaust is cheap. There is better carbon rendering in the bike. Also, the brake disk seems to be not rendered correctly. At least, they don't look like brake disc.

Bug : If you set the swing arm pivot to 0, you cannot put it back to 1

Nice bikes anyways !! I was waiting for them since beta 7

david662

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 04:47:49 PM »
The engine break in Ducati should be much more bigger compared to the others bikes and V2, L2 engine bikes may also be a little bit slower than R4 engine bikes.

Personally I think we have to be careful saying which bikes are best when that is based on how easy they are to ride. Few of us could jump on the real world bikes and put these times in without many crashes. Easy to ride FAST bikes = arcade bikes IMO. But that's just me babbling on like a SimFanboy  ::), not a CAWS opinion.

Napalm Nick, I'm totally agree with you ! I think it's the most important thing about that release !