Author Topic: CAWS MOD Team - Beta 12 - Bike Release - SSP600 Set - BETA  (Read 2400 times)

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
Re: CAWS MOD Team - Beta 12 - Bike Release - SSP600 Set - BETA
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 05:13:36 PM »
Any Visual issues with the bike cannot be addressed at the moment because we do not have the original models. We are aware they don't look as nice as other bikes, but they are all we have got.

We arn't looking to make these bikes all the same, they each need their own characterists. For example, The Triumph will be slightly slower in the top end but makes up for it in the acceleration and cornering. The Ducati will have less BHP but more Torque than the other bikes and so on.

As always we appriciate all the feedback

Thanks Matty :)

david662

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 05:57:59 PM »
btw if you want a bit less rear grip just unselect traction help in riding aids in settings.

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 06:00:50 PM »
btw if you want a bit less rear grip just unselect traction help in riding aids in settings.

Agree. We would hope feedback is given without using any of the settings like traction and wheelie help or its no good!
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

wimpsback

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 06:53:20 PM »
Agree. We would hope feedback is given without using any of the settings like traction and wheelie help or its no good!

Ofcourse I have all aids off.

I just tested bikes on hard tyres. Feels about the same just a little bit slower like 0.5sec. Also I might have been a bit harsh on the R6, it is difficult to ride but with some more practice it gets better. You just have to not miss your braking markers as you arrive to the corner faster than any other supersport and you can't really push the limit on braking like you can on the kawa. But ye, mainly change braking markers and its a whole lot better for the R6.

We arn't looking to make these bikes all the same, they each need their own characterists. For example, The Triumph will be slightly slower in the top end but makes up for it in the acceleration and cornering. The Ducati will have less BHP but more Torque than the other bikes and so on.

Agreed that is something very good but the R6 is too fast tbh. No 600cc bike is that fast. The kawasaki with 278km/h at aragon without slipstream is pushing the limit. The R6 does 286km/h while the STK1000 Bmw s1000rr does about 293km/h.
I also checked last years speed at aragon for the World Supersport and top speed was 275 km/h and that was the fastest bike with slipstream. The fastest 600cc do around 265-270km/h without slipstream. Where the STK1000 with slipstream do just over 300km/h and without 290-295 km/h, so thats bang on with the game.
Just seems like the R6 is far out of normal speeds and the kawa is right on the edge of what is realistically possible as well.

Anyway just wanted to say that. Still love the bikes tho and thanks for making them :D

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 08:20:49 PM »
Thanks wimp appreciate the comments will add to the things to check.

For me the EB on Hard tyres (Honda and GSXR)  seemed excessive (the rear would lock up more on downshifts) wheras on Softs it felt ok.

But i have to test more wth this latest released version too
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

david662

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »
Shame on me... I really often use a wheelie help (in my opinion some bikes without this aid look at the sky faster than actually), shift help and break help because I have a problem to ride without any riding aids using a xbox360 pad. After all I hope you take into consideration my feedbacks... :D

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 09:41:03 PM »
hehe yes no problems David lol. But I think Brakehelp you should turn off it makes for much longer braking distances, you will be faster without it once you learn it)

And you have reminded me to put in the GP500 post that SHIFT HELP should be set ON if not using Full manual Clutch!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:44:31 PM by Napalm Nick »
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

david662

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »
You right, I've just tested Ducati 749R without brake help and I really can shorten the braking distance but I need to learn how to do it smoothly without a big stoopie.

EDIT : game crashes when the wet tires are selected in Ducati. I haven't checked the others bikes yet.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:02:28 PM by david662 »

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 10:16:21 PM »
Yes mastering the gentle brake pull is key (or go down in rotor size)!

Damn that wet tyre problem again.   :(

Like we say we are doing things a little different here where normally we would test them to a V1 state before release but with the help of the community feedback it seems faster this BETA way, thanks!
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

wimpsback

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 10:19:07 PM »
For me the EB on Hard tyres (Honda and GSXR)  seemed excessive (the rear would lock up more on downshifts) wheras on Softs it felt ok.

But i have to test more wth this latest released version too

I don't notice much difference. The engine brake is still a bit too much but it feels almost the same as the softs to me.
Maybe its the way I brake that is different. I always slide the bike into the corner, the rear is always sliding across the track and i let it grip again when i release my front brake just before the apex so I use the engine brake to slide the rear. It helps me brake later compared to just keeping the bike straight and not sliding

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2017, 10:22:25 PM »
Roger that.  That sounds like Advanced riding skills. I am at Skillset 101 lol. Thanks for feeding back mate. ;)
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

wimpsback

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2017, 10:37:44 PM »
Roger that.  That sounds like Advanced riding skills. I am at Skillset 101 lol. Thanks for feeding back mate. ;)

Haha np :p, I do feel the difference with the qualify tyres. But i just brake a bit harder with front brake and the bike slides out just like before.

Syd

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 08:53:58 AM »
Just tried to get on CAWS server 2 at Aragon to try these SSps, but get a bike mismatch Ducati 749 RS, the downloaded bike is 749R, is that the problem ? I have all SSp bikes and tyres.
Also get a core everytime on CAWS 6 server. I have all 500 bikes and tyres.

KG13

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2017, 09:45:27 AM »
I had identical problem with MotoGP17 server. It says there is missing motorcycle. I have all of them and I couldnt join.

PeterV

• CAWS - Server Dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2017, 11:12:05 AM »
Just tried getting in the server and all was fine.
I downloaded the bikes from the bikemod thread v335 with there individual links.
Maybe there is a difference in separate links and the full bikemod v335? Matty?