• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:41:37 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, January 14, 2014, 11:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 26, 2014, 06:14:06 PM
@dibu: if there are things in the current plugin that are not adapted to KRP or things KRP would need and are not currently in, just let me know.
Hi MaX,
I just tried your new WRS version and I'd say that it fits 1:1 for KRP too. Simply adapt the WRS version to KRP and test the helmet with the 'Tuck' feature. 
Thank you very much in advance  :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on May 27, 2014, 04:50:27 PM
Hi MaX,
I just tried your new WRS version and I'd say that it fits 1:1 for KRP too. Simply adapt the WRS version to KRP and test the helmet with the 'Tuck' feature. 
Thank you very much in advance  :D
I'm trying to finish the telemetry stuff befor ei move back to france (end of June).
As soon as this is done (and as soon as I have my PC back from the movers) I'll have a look.

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.8.0 out:

• Updated for GPB beta5 (no changes for KRP and WRS).

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 21, 2014, 12:49:56 AM
v1.8.0 out:

• Updated for GPB beta5 (no changes for KRP and WRS).

MaX.

Hi Max.

Thank you for your usual reliable speedy updates... Very much appreciated mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

v1.8.1 out:

• Updated for WRS beta5 (no changes for GPB and KRP).

MaX.

dibu

Thank you very much for the WRS updates  :)

HornetMaX

I was a bit late on that but I got my pc back just yesterday :)

MaX.

dibu

Hi Max,

is it much work to include the possibility to save/load the best lap of a session in your MaxHUD tool?

I'm asking because driving at tracks like Nordschleife is quite time consuming and I often have only 30 minutes to drive my hotlaps. It would be nice if could load my best lap from a previous day to compare with.

dibu

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on September 25, 2014, 05:27:38 PM
Hi Max,

is it much work to include the possibility to save/load the best lap of a session in your MaxHUD tool?

I'm asking because driving at tracks like Nordschleife is quite time consuming and I often have only 30 minutes to drive my hotlaps. It would be nice if could load my best lap from a previous day to compare with.
Hi dibu,
unfortunately yes, it would be a fair bit of hassle if one wants to do it properly.

Mainly because it would require dialogs to load/save the best lap file (which is a royal PITA given I'd have to build the dialogs from scratch with rectangles and strings).
Potentially, if the plugin load/saves to a fixed filename we could avoid the dialogs (1 best lap file per track/bike) ... hmm, just thinking out loud here.

I'll note this down somewhere, who knows, I may get struck with sudden inspiration :)

MaX.

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on September 25, 2014, 05:27:38 PM
Hi Max,

dibu

Sorry for the OT.
Would a ghost be helpful? Or would it be too arcade?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

dibu

Thanks Max, don't think too much about it. It was just a silly idea to make HL easier at long tracks were you often crash before get a first timed lap. At normal tracks it's ok as it is.

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 25, 2014, 09:30:08 PM
Sorry for the OT.
Would a ghost be helpful? Or would it be too arcade?
I've no (arcade) problem with the ghost feature. Also many people asked for it in the past. I look at it like an instructor at a track day and nobody is forced to use it.
I personally use it very rarely in KRP because I'm less concentrated when watching the ghost.

HornetMaX

+1 on what dibu said.
Ghost is not a huge priority for me personally, but I do think it's a pretty popular request and a very common feature of even the most  reality-oriented simulators.

Eventually you could make it available for offline only (i.e. online = no ghost). It would be something like a training aid.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 26, 2014, 03:10:53 PM
+1 on what dibu said.
Ghost is not a huge priority for me personally, but I do think it's a pretty popular request and a very common feature of even the most  reality-oriented simulators.

Eventually you could make it available for offline only (i.e. online = no ghost). It would be something like a training aid.

MaX.

+1

Klax75

Ghost would help me in my relearning GPB's DST quest. To visually rider behind my lap and see what I did wrong lean angle and rider weight position wise. I know this is the WRS thread, just thought I'd mention it. But a ghost should ONLY be for offline play.

HornetMaX

September 29, 2014, 09:46:10 PM #29 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:47:44 AM by HornetMaX
v1.9.0 out:

• LiveGapBar replaces LiveGap (Klax75 suggestion, similar to iRacing indicator).
  • Plugin rate bumped at 50Hz (from 20Hz): shouldn't be a problem and makes everything smoother.
  • Widgets cannot be moved out of the screen.
  • Widgets cannot be moved if they are not enabled.
  • Interpolated colors in HUDInputs (just eye candy).
  • Some default sizes are slightly changed.
  • .ini file structure modified (one section per widget + global section).
  • .ini file version bumped to 7: you will lose your plugin settings as they will be reset to defaults.

MaX.