• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:44 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta12b

Started by PiBoSo, September 03, 2017, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 10, 2017, 06:18:40 PM
Connection lag when somebody else joins is a real big problem now... it freezes completely for around 5 seconds.. after it sorts itself out the bike appears further up the track or crashed in the gravel.. nothing you can do about it  :-\
Agree it is worse (I don't have 5 seconds but definitely worse).

Also the new rider is not a ghost bike but just a ghost name only  :P spooky
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

KG_03

Quote from: badexample69 on September 07, 2017, 03:03:41 AM
Hey guys! Bought the game a few days ago. I am addicted now! Huge Motohead myself, I am just amaze by the pure enjoyment from this game! There is a bit of a learning curve but man!!  8) I was so tired of all the Milestone titles. I love the physics! That makes me smile so much because I get it! I found that game randomly on Youtube. So glad I did! That Katoom RC16 is my baby! so fun to ride!

Installed the Motogp sounds from Urban Chaos 2.0. The OEM ones are junk! Sound like a vacuum cleaner with an old pair of socks stuck into it. I am ready to pay for any sound mods! That game is such a blast!! Is Urban Chaos 2.0 still around?

Installed reshade 3.0 . Worked with no issues.

Seems like Im not the only one who got in here bcs of being tired with Milestone games. I have installed recently LAA HAck and I can now play my favourite Donington Park track (which is FANTASTIC). I now wait for Daytona bike and I will have orgasmic pleasure with the game :-D

One thing I miss is simulation of gravel traps. When riding on them they feel identical to grass. The bike is not shaking/moving sideways.

matty0l215

Certin bikes (Mainly CAWS Bikes) have off track grip as it is nearly impossible to ride on the grass/gravel :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Grooveski

This...   
Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 10, 2017, 08:38:03 PM
....as I also cored out returning to pit at end.
...five times yesterday(about 50% of the times I menu'd to pits) including the end of qualifying. 
...and a couple of times the night before(which was only a short session).

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Grooveski on September 11, 2017, 06:23:20 AM
This...   
Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 10, 2017, 08:38:03 PM
....as I also cored out returning to pit at end.
...five times yesterday(about 50% of the times I menu'd to pits) including the end of qualifying. 
...and a couple of times the night before(which was only a short session).

Me too...
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

RickoAlvio

Hi.. i have a question
is there a way to make old replays work in beta12b?
I tried to put it in "Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\replays" but not work
GP-Bikes Indonesia

guigui404

Quote from: RickoAlvio on September 11, 2017, 05:13:17 PM
Hi.. i have a question
is there a way to make old replays work in beta12b?
I tried to put it in "Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\replays" but not work

The only way , is to find the beta which correspond to your replay , install it , and play the replay

VirginiaF1

September 14, 2017, 02:38:06 AM #37 Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:54:25 AM by VirginiaF1
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 10, 2017, 06:18:40 PM
Connection lag when somebody else joins is a real big problem now... it freezes completely for around 5 seconds.. after it sorts itself out the bike appears further up the track or crashed in the gravel.. nothing you can do about it  :-\

This! ;)
Version 12 had a reasonable 1 second lag as my son joined in but yeah, 12b has a 5-8 sec timeout that finds me in the weeds once game recovers. Unacceptable in 2017.

Not even mentioning the 9-12 fps on several track sections now.. What's that?
(even with all game graphics set to minimums: system specs below)

I've been sim racing since Papyrus in 1997 and find GPB among the top 3 sims in terms of physics and feel.
Whereas my $28US was well worth my current 6 months of GPB enjoyment, what do I have to pay to further development of this stunning sim?

Tell me P, I'm sure all of us would pay it!
Respectfully.. VF1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor
              (6 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
                   Windows 10 Home 64-bit
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
   Display Memory: 10183 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 6103 MB
      Shared Memory: 4079 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Joeski

Quote from: janaucarre on September 10, 2017, 06:23:30 PM
Hi,
For the folder problem=> have you all the rights to the new location ? Modify and write ?
Yeah i've tried a few different locations and checked the folder permissions as that was initially a problem. I'll have another play later and post back
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

PeterV

Looking at GP Bikes | stats servers and looking at competitors i see for example 10/25 on screen if i click it i only see 6 competitor names.
why is this? does the GPB server also need to be on highest bandwidth setting?
We also have this issue in game when you have set bandwidth in game settings too low it only shows a maximum of 6 riders on the grid then.

Grooveski

Anyone pointed out the headless shadow yet?

I'd probably never have noticed but after Nick mentioned it the other night I can't not notice it now.   :D

PiBoSo

September 19, 2017, 09:30:24 AM #41 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:38:23 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Grooveski on September 19, 2017, 07:33:14 AM
Anyone pointed out the headless shadow yet?

I'd probably never have noticed but after Nick mentioned it the other night I can't not notice it now.   :D

Thank you for the report.
Can you confirm that the problem happens in the main menu only?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Grooveski

September 19, 2017, 09:52:28 AM #42 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:05:24 AM by Grooveski
No, it's on track too.

[Edit] - Just switched to the default helmet and it had a shadow on-track.  Then switched back to the one I had before and now it also has a shadow on-track.  :)
But for the last few days it hasn't.

vali_grad

WOW !
used a fresh install, kept only settings from july....with murasama worked with no crash in first couple laps, no warmup just plug and play gamepad . Tires are a lot smoother, grippy, bike overall precise and smooth operation ... great work !!! thanks ! 8) 
new sim in town ? ping me !

Napalm Nick

Sorry to say but the online part of this game is pretty much dead now due to the reported problem of the bikes dropping to track and constant random disqualifications. 

To me that is a big part. :(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"