• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:08 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta12b

Started by PiBoSo, September 03, 2017, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 24, 2017, 08:45:15 PM
Sorry to say but the online part of this game is pretty much dead now due to the reported problem of the bikes dropping to track and constant random disqualifications. 

To me that is a big part. :(

+1

Warlock

6? ....7 restarts for todays race ?   ................  :(

PeterV

Yup no more racing for while.
We tried with bandwidht setting 2 (high) and no improvements in comparison too bandwidth 3 (very high) same bouncing.
One thing i noticed on bandwidth 2 was in replay the bikes stutter more, as it was before b12.
On bandwidth 3 (veryhigh) the stuttering in replay is less.

digitalx

September 28, 2017, 05:38:21 PM #48 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:46:39 PM by digitalx
Having problems starting this. I last had the Beta build from March (my file was dated then as the install date) I recently upgraded to this 12b version but core.exe won't run?

I installed it into "F:/" and there is a gpbikes folder. I did buy this, register the license etc before that comes around..

I see: controllers, docs, plugins folders and a whole load of files. It has been a while what on earth do I do? Do I need to install on my C: or something?

I deleted the previous installation from where it was, and redownloaded the beta12b.exe.

EDIT: Reinstalled to the default installer location, everything is fine now.

Napalm Nick

@Piboso - have you raised the off track grip level a bit for Beta 12? It feels like you have. It would be nice for us to be able to remove the extra artificial grip we put on Mod bikes if you can confirm?
Thanks.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PiBoSo

Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 30, 2017, 08:23:56 PM
@Piboso - have you raised the off track grip level a bit for Beta 12? It feels like you have. It would be nice for us to be able to remove the extra artificial grip we put on Mod bikes if you can confirm?
Thanks.

There was no direct change of the grip.
However, the extra grip could be due to revised collision detection on soft surfaces.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

IronHorse

im not sure why but the game crashes when i load a bike mod  :o

Luponius

Quote from: IronHorse on December 18, 2017, 12:09:28 AM
im not sure why but the game crashes when i load a bike mod  :o

That's mod-related, and it could be due to missing tyre files, that was the cause in my case as well.  Do all categories fail or just a specific group?

IronHorse

December 20, 2017, 11:31:49 AM #54 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:35:12 PM by IronHorse
These bike mods ran fine before I updated.... now I can only use the stock gp bikes like GP1000 and the varese 500 without crashing the game

*edited sorry woops i meant gp1000

Luponius

Game updates might require mod updates as well.  You can just use SyncBack Free to keep everything on point, works well and is effortless :)

IronHorse

Very interesting. I will look into that tomorrow and report how I go. Cheers mate

IronHorse

January 01, 2018, 10:23:28 AM #57 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:32:59 AM by IronHorse
Well, i downloaded syncback, and i have no idea what is going on or how to do it. Tried following a tutorial but couldnt select the bike folder and wasnt sure if thats even the way to do it. What was your process mate?

IronHorse

Tried to downlooad Donington park NAT - since the update and game crashes as its loading. All i did before all this was download beta12b and move all my bike and track folders in there. Sorry if im missing something simple here lol  ;D

h106frp

All mod bikes have to be updated for 12b, old versions will not work - seperate tyre files now