• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:46 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

VR Hand controls

Started by Myst1cPrun3, March 07, 2019, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

So I've got my VR and I love it, GPB is brilliant, and the sheer immersion in this and other games is just awesome.

I've been playing something called VTOL VR, which is basically a flight simulator that utilizes the Oculus touch handsets, (and others) instead of a mappable solid joystick/gamepad. It's quite an intuitively done, and is awesome to use. So satisfying actually seeing your in-game hand push buttons and start the plane, as well as using the gyros to move the joystick/throttle etc.

I was wondering if there's ever going to be something similar implemented in GPB, as having the option to manually move your arms on the bike would be pretty cool, as well as actually pushing the pit button and grabbing the bars.

VTOL VR is developed by a single person, (I think), and it's implemented really well, and really smoothly, albeit the game is built completely around this concept.

It'd be a fun little thing to see in GPB, and while I doubt it'd be as good as a full handle bar setup, it'd be a nice little gimmick, and could open up so many different development paths.
Imagine actually having to crouch in your room and pick up the bike manually. You've been framed would have a field day