• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:33 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Logitech G920 wheel stacked at 180° of rotation :(

Started by poumpouny, September 05, 2017, 08:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

Hi,
No matter what value i'm putting in the Logitech Software, i'm always in 180° of rotation in gp bikes (90° left and 90° right). I'm training with DST and DSA and it really just kill the mode. The problem is that the wheel is "soft locked" into 180° but only 40 degrees (wich i put into the Logitech software) (20° Left and 20° Right) is used by GP Steering which lead to a huge deadzone in each side !

Please Help

poumpouny

No body ?  :-\

After searching the forum, a guy got the same problem and fixed it by reinstalling the logitech driver, i tryed it unsuccesfully. What i've noticed is that even in Asseto corsa soft lock work above 180° (tryed 450, 520 etc. ...) and it work but not below 180 !

Apart the "Stregh" with is the only FFB option, does GPB have FFB configuration hidden in such a .ini file or whatever ?

Thx

TimboC137

I use a steering wheel but it's not a logitech. There is a deadzone slider in game for every assigned axis that might help you, but it seems like your problem is unique. I changed my degrees of rotation in my wheel's software to 100 and it works like it should. The FFB works from lock to lock and there is no deadzone. If fact, i had to change the deadzone ingame to 13%. I never had to change an .ini file or anything.

You can change the degrees of rotation manually on logitech wheels (without going into logitech profiler). I'm not sure about a g920, but with a g27 you can cycle thru DOR presets by pressing right paddle, R3, and select. I have a feeling that might not work because the smallest value of a preset is likely 180 degrees. It's worth a try anyways.

Maybe you could try a fresh install of the game and wheel software? Or can you try the game and your wheel on a different pc?

tchemi

from the logitech documentation : http://support.logitech.com/en_my/article/Adjust-sensitivity-on-the-G29-and-G920-racing-wheels-with-Logitech-Gaming-Software?product=a0qi0000006PmxKAAS

QuoteTo adjust the wheel operating range:
Make sure that the G29 or G920 racing wheel is connected to your computer, and then launch LGS.
Navigate to LGS Settings, then click on the tab named "G29" or "G920."
Change the Wheel Operating Range to the desired degree range.
Wheel Operating Range
NOTE: The operating range can be adjusted between 40 and 900 degrees, in 10 degree increments. The default setting is 900 degrees.

strange...

poumpouny

I tryed a complete reinstall of the wheel software and driver, i also have a fresh GPB install (just installed the Beta 12b) and nothing works. what is strange is that if i "softlock" to more than 180° it work on Asseto corsa and RBR even in GPB lol but it seems like 180 is the smallest angle but i know it is 40-900 . i will try on a new computer next WE. my question about the ini file is that in other simulation like asseto corsa, there is an option in game that allow to change the steering angle of each car, that's why i ask if there is such a thing hidden in a config file for GPB !

TimboC137

Ah, so the deadzone is not in the center. I misunderstood. Have you tried something higher then 40 and lower then 180? When you set the soft lock to 40 in the logitech software, does the wheel actually soft lock like it should before you start the game?

poumpouny

when i set the degre of rotation to 40 the wheel influence the handle bar within 40 degres only but the wheel actualy lock at 180 so there is a huge deadzone in each side of the wheel. the wheel lock properly if i set softlock greater that 180. when i m in the desktop before launching the game or when i switch windows the wheel reset to center and is very hard to turn likecit is locked to center. as long as i switch to a game s windows it is unlocked but lock at 180 if i set degrees of rotation smaller than 180

tchemi

poumpouny

I've post a thread in logitech forum concerning the problem 5 days ago and nobody is replying lol  :o

Manu

I have logitech g27 and 0 problems.

Have you tried to calibrate the steering wheel inside the game?
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

poumpouny

Yes i've tryed to set the profile in the logitech software to the defaut (900 deg of rot, 50% of sensibility ) and the recalibrate in gpb (allow game to controll ffb is ticked). what i dont undrstand is that as i know, soft lock is controlled by the FFB motor itself, its not like a trigger that is actioned and block the wheel (or it will be on demand hardlock lol ) , that's why i don't understand why it is working when behind 180 but not below, very strange, not have the time to test to another PC this week end but will try it as soon as possible ! I just stop my training in DST/DSA just because of that  :'(

Manu

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

poumpouny

I dont have this setting in my Windows control panel ???, where did you find this setting ? i'm configuring it via the Logitech software

Manu

finpower

system control, devices and printers, logitech right mouse,
gamecontroller settings, properties, settings.
I hope so
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760