• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:38:23 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[Old] Road Ducati Streetfighter 848 1.1b (Beta 12b)

Started by Italian Mod Team, September 06, 2017, 01:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian Mod Team

September 06, 2017, 01:46:52 PM Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 01:51:22 PM by Blackheart

Download (bike & tires) Ducati SF 848 v.1.1: Link Removed

Download Template Ducati SF 848 v.1.1: https://mega.nz/#F!V44TABjL!v21MxPQ2-sGMF1rYKnXAeA

Update 1.1b (Install the 1.1 version and after apply this patch overwriting old files)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!0pokEJbI!V-SqKre0YQHXYd1_9whynsiu1iUwDXUYlJ7Owmm785A

Changelog version 1.1b:

- Added ecu visible on dashboard and changed the dash color.

Changelog version 1.1:

- New Engine Map
- Added TCS
- New sounds (credits to Urban Chaos)
- Changed some textures
- Fixed plate bug
- Added template

Important: Delete all old files and setups of this bike before the installation.

tchemi

mmmmmm, my baby !!  ::) :-*

I will be very picky with you guys  :( Cause it's my baby there  ;D

MultiCOOLFRESH

Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on September 06, 2017, 03:40:35 PM
I will test it out right now, good job :)

Thanks...it was a long and hard work  ;) ;) we hope You enjoy with that Road bikes  :D :D

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: tchemi on September 06, 2017, 03:20:30 PM
mmmmmm, my baby !!  ::) :-*

I will be very picky with you guys  :( Cause it's my baby there  ;D

Then?! What do you think about?? It's pretty real??

tchemi

September 06, 2017, 06:16:20 PM #5 Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:18:53 PM by tchemi
How honest you want me to be ??  ;D Can I hurt you guys ?  ;D
So, There is some work to do on the model but I'm sure you are aware of this, plus, there are some limitations due to GPBikes I think.

I never rode my bike in real life like I can do in GPB So I can't tell how realistic is the behaviour in extreme situations.

What I like :
- The acceleration on first, second, third is very good !
If you twist your wrist exiting a corner, you will have a little slip in the rear, not too much, not something too scary, it makes me feel like the 848. good job on that

- The engine break in third, second, first is really good also !
It locks the rear just enough, so bad there is not rebound in GPB because IRL, it tends to bounce a little bit when you downshift quite hard from 3rd to 2nd. I think this apply to other bikes too.
Anyway, good job on that !

- The feeling that you can't lean that much cause it's a roadster (street) and the foot pegs are quite low.
- The overall stability
- The fact that stoppies are barely impossible to do. This bike as such a huge rake angle that it's hard to lift the rear. For me, it's reallistic.
- Even tho you can do wheelie with it, it has tendency to drift more than lift. It is quite well done here !

What can be improved :
-I'll dig in my documents and receipt from the garage but I think that the stock sprocklet has 15 teeth. Not sure, had to check
EDIT : confirmed ! the stock sprocklet is a 15 teeth
EDIT : EDIT : It is already 15 teeth  ;D sorry
-The SF does have a traction control on 8 levels. It cannot be operate while the engine is started but can be modified with the knob on the left handle bar. When it activates, the middle light on the dashboard blinks (dunno if that can be achieved in GPB)
- sound ?? For me, the idle sound is very good. The mid to high rev sound is good too but, this sound seems to appear only after 8k RPM in real. Between those, the sound is more like the idle sound but just faster. Maybe it's too difficult without a good sound source.

About the 3D model : (There, I may be very picky, feel free to kick me if I go too far ^^ )
- The bike looks giant in GPB. Ok I'm tall but, either the rider in GPB is 1.55m or the scale of the bike is a little bit too big.
- The little plastic part aside the headlight is bronze on the 1098, grey on the 848, not black
- The air intake on the side lack its grid
- One of the front brake hose is a stainless 'aviation' hose, it's basicaly grey.

- I think we won't talk about the fixed head light, I think it is a GPB issue.

My first impressions with a 10 min practice. I will dig a little bit more

I may look hard, but, I enjoy this bike ! You did a very good job and it feels really good for a first impression !  ::)

tchemi

Also, if you want to make it really realistic, you should add random mis-shift between 1st and 2nd and between 5th and 6th. Randomly, for no reason ^^
Also, you should add random TCS failure and random TCS activation with no reasons ^^

tchemi

September 06, 2017, 07:38:07 PM #7 Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:45:39 PM by tchemi
I did a couple more laps.

In fact, you guys did a really good job on the engine behaviour !! The engine break is very good. Also the brake power and the rear brake behaviour is not bad at all !!
The fact that there is a little peak of power near 8 / 10k RPM and then the RPM breaker that comes suddenly ! This is pretty accurate

I thing tho. When you brake and lean, the brake prevent the bike from leaning and as soon as you release the brake, you can add 5 or 10 more degree leaning.
I had this a lot with the bandit, I have it with the tracer...
I remember that this feeling was bearly inexistent on the SF. You can brake quite hard while leaning and when you release the brake, the bike does'nt 'dive'. Maybe it's just about fork settings or the fact that you can brake 100% in GPB, what I couldn't do IRL ^^
Those brake feel so powerfull ^^

EDIT :

I did some laps under the rain...

I think the Diablo has too much grip under the rain, or maybe it's due to GPB. IRL, you cannot flat out the bike under the rain without TCS.
Even in 6th, if you fully open the throttle in straight line, it slips between 4k and 8k RPM (never tried faster than that under the rain ^^) So I don't speak about putting full gas in 2nd while leaning. I think it is just impossible.

EDIT bis :

I just checked because I felt like the tyre texture was odd. In fact, I had Diablo Rosso Corsa and not Diablo Rosso 2/3. It is said that the Rosso Corsa is really bad under the rain. So... I give you the bennefit on this point.

Blackheart

September 07, 2017, 02:01:07 AM #8 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:10:38 AM by Blackheart
Quote from: tchemi on September 06, 2017, 06:16:20 PM
About the 3D model : (There, I may be very picky, feel free to kick me if I go too far ^^ )
- The bike looks giant in GPB. Ok I'm tall but, either the rider in GPB is 1.55m or the scale of the bike is a little bit too big.
- The little plastic part aside the headlight is bronze on the 1098, grey on the 848, not black
- The air intake on the side lack its grid
- One of the front brake hose is a stainless 'aviation' hose, it's basicaly grey.

- I think we won't talk about the fixed head light, I think it is a GPB issue.

Thx for the feedbacks, I only answer the things that concern me (3d/2d/sounds):

I can make sure it is scaled to perfection (mm) I use this method for real scale model on all my bikes; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A32LpJH4-8c&t=169s

Its a conversion so the textures can be not perfect, but i can fix the colors wrong, thx.

The sounds are the real problem of the mods because I make the sounds but i can not edit them well at the right rpm, because the Max software SCL seems not works with this beta. (and im not a genius with sounds... shame we had UC for the sounds in the past, sure better that me in this field).

(this is a my opinion other members can be they might disagree!): For the tires with too much lean angle, its not a real problem, because yes you see a normal diablo texture but this is GP Bikes, so need be also fun ride also in tracks at the limit, I find it a compromise acceptable, are the same tires data of the ZX6r.

For the other things (engine, tcs, etc...) you have to wait for the answer of an other team member, surely it will be updated on your feedbacks.  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on September 07, 2017, 02:01:07 AM
The sounds are the real problem of the mods because I make the sounds but i can not edit them well at the right rpm, because the Max software SCL seems not works with this beta. (and im not a genius with sounds... shame we had UC for the sounds in the past, sure better that me in this field).

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2082.msg79567#msg79567

Blackheart

HornetMaX

Weird, it works fine on Manu's RCV (it's in the Samples folder of the tool).
If you post the .engn here (or better, send me all the necessary files) I can have a look.
From the error message, it looks like something is strange in the .engn

Italian Mod Team

Deleted OTs

Max the download its in the first post.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on September 08, 2017, 12:06:23 PM
Deleted OTs

Max the download its in the first post.

Your .engn looks wrong to me in the "torque" session, as you use a comma instead of a dot as a decimal separator.
id = ROAD_Ducati_Streetfighter_848_R

torque
{
numpoints = 13
point0 = 55 , 56,89
point1 = 65 , 79,54
point2 = 75 , 90,70
point3 = 85 , 86,43
point4 = 95 , 85,93
point5 = 105 , 85,52
point6 = 115 , 87,55
point7 = 125 , 89,25
point8 = 135 , 91,71
point9 = 145 , 91,95
point10 = 155 , 92,16
point11 = 165 , 94,00
point12 = 175 , 87,85
}

My tool works just fine.

Urban Chaos 2.0

September 18, 2017, 09:54:10 AM #14 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:04:36 AM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: Blackheart on September 07, 2017, 02:01:07 AM
the Max software SCL seems not works with this beta.

I never used Max's tool for any of my sound mods, and did everything by hand. I'd actually recommend doing it by hand (nothing against your tool max, I just prefer doing things my way). I've been out the game for a while, and having "returned", I still haven't found time to start making any sound mods. but I guess I can try and make a quick sound mod for this bike.

Be right back...